or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Range Session Cut Short...Due to.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Range Session Cut Short...Due to.....

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

FIRE. Some MORONS decided it would be a good idea to set off what I think was 3 1/2 sticks of Dynamite. It sounded like they partially buried it, or put in something, cuz the sound was sorta muffled. Anyway, when they went off, immediately I could see amber's flying in the air, not 1 min. later the fires started.

 

We called the police and fire dept..Once they got to the range, due lack of access to the brush areas behind a Public park, they evacuated all of us. I had just hit some really good shots with my 54* wedge, still had a full Jumbo bucket left. Lucky for me, I'm friends with the guy that runs the place, said he would save em for me.

 

At last count, there were 4 full engines involved, and approx 2 acres  burning of park land. I sure hope they catch those idots.

 

I'll post some pic's later. 

post #2 of 12
Stay safe. Glad they weren't anywhere near you.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

Stay safe. Glad they weren't anywhere near you

 

 

Thanks, but we weren't in any danger, and being we had to leave asap kept us safe.  I'm use to, or was use to explosions so it wasn't a big deal. Burning park land is a big deal, and that someone could have been seriously hurt, or killed, could have been a bad deal for sure.

post #4 of 12

What on earth...

 

Is blowing up dynamite a common pastime activity where you live? What were they trying to blow up?

post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
 

What on earth...

 

Is blowing up dynamite a common pastime activity where you live? What were they trying to blow up?

 

 

LOL, not to my knowledge. I'm guessing 2 or 3 young jerks thinking they would have some fun. What they were trying to blow up is any ones guess. I saw the explosion after the fact, then the fire.

 

Illegal fireworks on the other hand, there's way to many here. .

post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

FIRE. Some MORONS decided it would be a good idea to set off what I think was 3 1/2 sticks of Dynamite.

 

Sorry for my wrapped humor ... when I read your story I found myself humming Smoke on the Water ...

 

But some stupid (moron) with a flare gun (dynamite)
Burned the place to the ground
Smoke on the Range, fire in the sky
 

Look forward to the pics ...

post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by isukgolf View Post
 

 

Sorry for my wrapped humor ... when I read your story I found myself humming Smoke on the Water ...

 

But some stupid (moron) with a flare gun (dynamite)
Burned the place to the ground
Smoke on the Range, fire in the sky
 

Look forward to the pics ...

 

 

I can relate. To tired to load em up tonight, will do tomorrow.

post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 

Updated with Pic's.

 

 

 

Opps, looks like uploaded the same pic twice...

post #9 of 12

We had a couple house fires up in San Gabriel as well.

 

Had to run the AC and the central fan for a while to filter out the air. Also ran the Honeywell air purifiers.

 

Fires are going to be a problem this season. Hope we get some summer rains.

post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

We had a couple house fires up in San Gabriel as well.

 

Had to run the AC and the central fan for a while to filter out the air. Also ran the Honeywell air purifiers.

 

Fires are going to be a problem this season. Hope we get some summer rains.

 

Yeah, with the Very small amount of rainfall we get, most of So. Cali is ripe for fire, and that's one thing we don't need...ever. Summer rains are far, and few so we can only hope.

post #11 of 12

What the... :doh:

 

I just don't get people.

 

BTW - You can have some of our rain. ;-)

post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

 

 

I can relate. To tired to load em up tonight, will do tomorrow.

Frank Zappa and the Muthas had the best place around.....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Range Session Cut Short...Due to.....