or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Holly Sonders leaves Golf Channel to join Fox
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Holly Sonders leaves Golf Channel to join Fox - Page 3

Poll Results: Is moving to Fox a good move for Holly Sonders?

 
  • 70% (55)
    Yes
  • 29% (23)
    No
78 Total Votes  
post #37 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

Niederkohr ...

The only time Poulter was truly happy, besides the time sitting in his Ferraris.



She's obviously not a bad looking girl but I think she's over-hyped.

I'm not saying I would say no, but if I was a rich athlete or celebrity, I would imagine I could do a lot better and would likely be disappointed if I didn't. Haha
post #38 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post


She's obviously not a bad looking girl but I think she's over-hyped.

I'm not saying I would say no, but if I was a rich athlete or celebrity, I would imagine I could do a lot better and would likely be disappointed if I didn't. Haha

We all have different tastes, and if some of us met her, we might change our minds. TV is one thing, real life is another...

 

You've got to live with the reality...

 

Still, it seems a good move for her. Her husband, Kuselias, left TGC, and I don't know on what terms. But my guess is that she had learned as much as she could at TGC, and unless they met her terms, or at least matched Fox, she was gone. I'd like to have heard those conversations, and what would have convinced her to remain at TGC and just say no to Fox.

post #39 of 158

First Winn McMurray, now Holly.   Someone at TGC needs to get a shot in the teeth - this kind of "talent" is not easily replaced.    Pony the F up.    

 

    :censored:

post #40 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

We all have different tastes, and if some of us met her, we might change our minds. TV is one thing, real life is another...

You've got to live with the reality...

Still, it seems a good move for her. Her husband, Kuselias, left TGC, and I don't know on what terms. But my guess is that she had learned as much as she could at TGC, and unless they met her terms, or at least matched Fox, she was gone. I'd like to have heard those conversations, and what would have convinced her to remain at TGC and just say no to Fox.

Oh, I live in the reality that says I'll likely never meet her or be I'm an environment to ever really get to know her.

I'm just saying how I think things would be in a hypothetical world which is fun to think about at times.
post #41 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post

Golf journalism sure, I meant in terms of play.

 

You're saying that Winn lacks the playing credentials of ... say, Bob Costas or Chris Berman? Seems like you want to hold girls to a higher standard than boys. 

post #42 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post


Oh, I live in the reality that says I'll likely never meet her or be I'm an environment to ever really get to know her.

I'm just saying how I think things would be in a hypothetical world which is fun to think about at times.

 

I really like Winn more so than Holly.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post
 

First Winn McMurray, now Holly.   Someone at TGC needs to get a shot in the teeth - this kind of "talent" is not easily replaced.    Pony the F up.    

 

    :censored:

And now there is the new girl Paige-I didn't thin there was a shortage of pretty girls wanting to be on TV!

post #43 of 158

Holly will be missed. She is smart, hot and loves golf and talking about golf. Also, she seemed to have good back and forth with Williams, Hack, DiMarco, and Rhymer.

 

I like Paige but not to replace Holly. They need to bring back Win McMurray.

 

Actually, they need to bring in Natalie Gulbis after the LPGA season wraps.  

post #44 of 158

This is a undoubtedly a great move for Sonders in the short term (even moreso for her bank account) but golf seems doomed to fail on Fox.  Producing baseball and football is much different than golf and if this doesn't work out Sonders will likely be back on TGC when her contract is up.

 

She was way too fake for my taste so I was never a fan of hers but regardless, TGC was foolish not to pay Sonder whatever she was asking for.  She was invaluable to that network and the ratings are going to crater for every show she was on.  She always played the roll of the 15 handicapper but Sonders knows the golf swing.

 

Paige Mackenzie is a FAR superior golfer to Sonders but viewers really don't care about any of that.  Sonders' skirts were always short and her breasts were always front and center.  Sex sells and that's what she was utlimately there to do.

post #45 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUTiger View Post

You're saying that Winn lacks the playing credentials of ... say, Bob Costas or Chris Berman? Seems like you want to hold girls to a higher standard than boys. 
This a joke, right? I was comparing options to replace Holly who had IMO journalism and golf chops. Read the post pards.
post #46 of 158
Good for her. We'll probably now see even more of her and I cant see that being a terrible thing.
post #47 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

What I really want to know is way Holly's name was before she changed it. Haha

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post


What I really want to know is way Holly's name was before she changed it. Haha

Niederkohr ...

 

 

It's a good change. It's a good change. 

 

 

post #48 of 158

Well, it could be Kuselias now, if she took his last name.

 

Please, don't throw (too many) darts at the lovely couples relaxing at a ballgame.

 

 

 

post #49 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post

This a joke, right? I was comparing options to replace Holly who had IMO journalism and golf chops. Read the post pards.

 

Why? Why must Win have the "golf chops" of Holly?

 

Playing Lessons was better when Holly wasn't on the program. The pros were encouraged to talk more about their shots, their thought processes, etc. Instead now they have the "lightning round" which includes "best golf joke" and they spend too much time in a lame competition where Holly tries to get them on Morning Drive or has to eat caviar or something if she loses.

 

Stephanie Sparks is missed, and had plenty of golf chops.

 

So where else are Holly's "golf chops" missed? On Martin Hall's show?

post #50 of 158

I thought Holly did a very good job, not sure she will be as well received in the NFL world...sideline reporters don't seem to last long and pretty faces are a dime a dozen over there. I thought she was well spoken, had a very good insight and her chemistry with the other host was very good. She could hold her own with any of the other guys..

 

Page McKenzie is weak..maybe she'll get better but I don't think she is very clever, doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor and everything seems forced and coached. Gary Williams is very good...It seems he could walk all over Page but Holly could hold her own...She is a great looking gal but like I said..great looking gals or guys can be found anywhere. She seemed to know her stuff and was always well prepared. 

post #51 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Why? Why must Win have the "golf chops" of Holly?

Playing Lessons was better when Holly wasn't on the program. The pros were encouraged to talk more about their shots, their thought processes, etc. Instead now they have the "lightning round" which includes "best golf joke" and they spend too much time in a lame competition where Holly tries to get them on Morning Drive or has to eat caviar or something if she loses.

Stephanie Sparks is missed, and had plenty of golf chops.

So where else are Holly's "golf chops" missed? On Martin Hall's show?
I believe Holly will be missed (hell, I missed her this weekend and never really had much of an opinion about her, until she was gone).

I believe it will be difficult to replace her because she was very well-rounded. She had great skill in reading the news (before you laugh at this, try it on camera), interacting with the other hosts, moving the segments along and the fact that her golf game was quite good.

My post, however uncontroversial I thought it at the time, was trying to point out who they might use to replace that very unique and diverse skillset. Those that I mentioned cannot. Stephanie, actually, might be able to do, I hadn't thought of her.
post #52 of 158

I like Holly, and it is probably a very good move financially. But unless she sticks strictly to golf, she may just get lost in the woods of television sports. Just another pretty face.

post #53 of 158

I am not a Golf Channel addict and mostly watch if they are carrying a tournament I want to see.  Of course I have seen Holly, and this is a great move up for her with the exception of the NFL sidline position.  Since I am not a close follower of hers I was not aware of her physical "improvements", which today is not much of an issue.

post #54 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post

I believe Holly will be missed (hell, I missed her this weekend and never really had much of an opinion about her, until she was gone).

I believe it will be difficult to replace her because she was very well-rounded. She had great skill in reading the news (before you laugh at this, try it on camera), interacting with the other hosts, moving the segments along and the fact that her golf game was quite good.

My post, however uncontroversial I thought it at the time, was trying to point out who they might use to replace that very unique and diverse skillset. Those that I mentioned cannot. Stephanie, actually, might be able to do, I hadn't thought of her.

I agree, but I think she also tried too hard to sound like an announcer. I feel the same about Amanda Balionis on PGATour.com too.

From what I've heard, there's some of that that has to be done, but I think they both take it too far. They sound fake and forced.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Holly Sonders leaves Golf Channel to join Fox