or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (teeitup22)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (teeitup22)

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

 

 

I've been Playing Golf for:​ 5 years off and on

My current handicap index or average score is: 83

My typical ball flight is: fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: fat shots and slices

 


 

Videos:

 

I have been doing Evolvr with Stephan for about a month and a half. These are some of the videos that I sent to him. 

 

The first couple things Stephan had me do was straighten my left leg for a bigger hip turn which was pretty easy to fix. The next thing was to shorten my backswing, which was also relatively easy to fix. I'll post a couple videos.

 

Lately I have been working on a chipping drill which is helping me to get my weight forward (key #2) in the downswing. I struggle with "flipping" at impact as you can probably tell. This has been a really hard drill for me, but I think I am improving. 

 

Any comments would be appreciated. 

 

 

 

 

Full swing 7 iron side view

 


Edited by teeitup22 - 7/13/14 at 11:26pm
post #2 of 11
Thread Starter 

I have most recently been working on a weight forward drill. The way it works is I stop at the backswing (pause for 2-3 seconds) then go to about parallel with feeling all of my weight on my right foot, stop, then chip the ball. Here is a video of me working on the drill. 

 

post #3 of 11

Two comments:

 

1.  Keep doing what @sk golf has you working on.  I am doing a similar drill with him.

2. Get a stable phone or camera mount.  I am not sure if it was windy or not, but the camera movement looked as if it was coming from a boat rocking gently on the waves.  :-)  It may induce seasickness in the viewer.

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post
 

Two comments:

 

1.  Keep doing what @sk golf has you working on.  I am doing a similar drill with him.

2. Get a stable phone or camera mount.  I am not sure if it was windy or not, but the camera movement looked as if it was coming from a boat rocking gently on the waves.  :-)  It may induce seasickness in the viewer.

Really? I watched them again and did not seem bad. I take video with my iphone. I use the proto sports iphone clip for video. Thanks for the comment. 

post #5 of 11

I think that's a great drill if you're struggling with flipping. I do it all the time. Make sure to hit down on the ball (not just scoop it) and try and take a divot in front of the ball. Over-exaggerate that downward motion...helped me a lot.

 

Also, turn your iPhone sideways when you are recording, it will get rid of the black bars on either side and fill the whole frame with the video.

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENtSwing32 View Post
 

I think that's a great drill if you're struggling with flipping. I do it all the time. Make sure to hit down on the ball (not just scoop it) and try and take a divot in front of the ball. Over-exaggerate that downward motion...helped me a lot.

 

Also, turn your iPhone sideways when you are recording, it will get rid of the black bars on either side and fill the whole frame with the video.

Ok thanks. I was being a little conservative in only chipping it pretty easy because I was in my back yard and didn't want to hit my neighbors house:)

post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeitup22 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENtSwing32 View Post
 

I think that's a great drill if you're struggling with flipping. I do it all the time. Make sure to hit down on the ball (not just scoop it) and try and take a divot in front of the ball. Over-exaggerate that downward motion...helped me a lot.

 

Also, turn your iPhone sideways when you are recording, it will get rid of the black bars on either side and fill the whole frame with the video.

Ok thanks. I was being a little conservative in only chipping it pretty easy because I was in my back yard and didn't want to hit my neighbors house:)

 

HAHAHA oh that makes sense then. Yeah, if you get a good Face-On video and a good DTL video up here then you'll be more likely to get responses from some of the pros.

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 

Hey all, 

 

Here is an update on the drill I've been working on with @sk golf :

 

I think I've made a lot of progress but I'm still struggling on the extension piece. My weight looks like it is getting forward but it needs to continue to get forward through the finish. 

 

I really like my practice swings, but getting that to transfer to the drill and ultimately full swings on the course is tough. Let me know what you guys think!

 

 

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeitup22 View Post
 

My weight looks like it is getting forward but it needs to continue to get forward through the finish. 

 

 

 

Yes agree, the hips actually move back as you come into impact. The hips don't have to go further forward from where you are in the left pic but it'll probably feel like they "thrust" up and forward.

 

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the pictures, Mike! Just when I think I'm getting close lol. I may need to slow it down a bit too. 

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeitup22 View Post
 

Thanks for the pictures, Mike! Just when I think I'm getting close lol. I may need to slow it down a bit too. 

 

Do some mirror work as well. Watch that the hips don't transfer back, they stay forward into the followthrough.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (teeitup22)