or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PSA - find a tailor!!

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

My new pet peeve is people who buy the $85 pair of designer pants and don't bother worrying about the fit.  Get the legs taken in, get the length shortened to your liking so that your pants aren't bunched up over your shoes.  How can I see you sweet new shoes if your dumb ass orange pants are bunched over them and dragging on the ground?

 

I buy the $25 pair of Champion golf pants from Target, pay $15 to hem the length and if necessary take the leg in, and look like a badass tour pro  with the perfect pair of pants (until I swing my club).

 

So NOW YOU KNOW!!

post #2 of 15
Thread Starter 

Bonus points if you or your spouse can hem, boom immediate money savings.

post #3 of 15
Or just buy pants that fit right in the first place. Why would you buy pants that don't fit? But what do I know, I play with my shirt untucked and no belt half of the time.
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBam View Post
 

My new pet peeve is people who buy the $85 pair of designer pants and don't bother worrying about the fit.  Get the legs taken in, get the length shortened to your liking so that your pants aren't bunched up over your shoes.  How can I see you sweet new shoes if your dumb ass orange pants are bunched over them and dragging on the ground?

 

I buy the $25 pair of Champion golf pants from Target, pay $15 to hem the length and if necessary take the leg in, and look like a badass tour pro  with the perfect pair of pants (until I swing my club).

 

So NOW YOU KNOW!!

Agreed.

 

I use a Korean tailor down the street (even in the not so lonely suburbs of DFW), who takes the pants I find on ebay and fits them. And when I lost 25 lbs after a divorce 5 yrs ago, he was helpful. :-D  Used him so much back then, he even knew my name.

 

As to fit, I take a 34-34, and the waist is a tad large, and the inseam is usually a tad long, or the pant is unfinished. And for $12-15, you get waist, if needed, and inseam done.

post #5 of 15

Hold on a second, are we seriously talking about men's golf fashion, and why they don't get their pants tailored?

 

Ah come on man....... weird, just weird... Maybe you should be more concerned about how your playing, then looking at other dudes pants.

post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley01 View Post
 

Hold on a second, are we seriously talking about men's golf fashion, and why they don't get their pants tailored?

 

Ah come on man....... weird, just weird... Maybe you should be more concerned about how your playing, then looking at other dudes pants.

Well, I don't look at other dude's pants, unless of course, they are so bright in my line of sight that I must cringe - see Ricky Fowler look-alikes. Of course, I wear Tartan pants at times, so I can't talk.

 

Weird? not at all. 

 

I like my pants to fit. Stumbling over them while swinging is not good form.

post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavvySwede View Post

Or just buy pants that fit right in the first place. Why would you buy pants that don't fit? But what do I know, I play with my shirt untucked and no belt half of the time.

I'd be lucky to find a perfect fit 1 out of 5 pants off the rack.  I am of pretty average build.  Who cares about an untucked shirt, if the shirt fits. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley01 View Post
 

Hold on a second, are we seriously talking about men's golf fashion, and why they don't get their pants tailored?

 

Ah come on man....... weird, just weird... Maybe you should be more concerned about how your playing, then looking at other dudes pants.

I've seen one too many pairs of muddy pants bottoms dragging on the ground to not let my good friends at TST know!

 

As far as how I'm playing? ...fashionably. B-) 

post #8 of 15

I usually just get them to let out the crotch a bit. I couldn't care less about the hems.

;-)

post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

I usually just get them to let out the crotch a bit. I couldn't care less about the hems.

;-)

I would say something that might be amusing, or might not be for the PC crowd.

 

I will defer...

post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post
 

I would say something that might be amusing, or might not be for the PC crowd.

 

I will defer...

Was I too subtle?

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

Was I too subtle?

If you were, Mr. Big, I was not going to be...

post #12 of 15

I never had anything tailored in my life, but I also do not buy anything new until I find something that fits properly. When I find it, I'll buy 4 or 5 of the item (shirts, pants, whatever) and stock up in duplicates of colors. I've got plenty of other things to worry about and my goal isn't to be on the cover of GQ in golf attire. If I'm paying $85 for pants, they better fit off the rack or I'll put them back.. it's kind of simple. I think anyone can find clothes that fit them pretty well if they search hard enough. Unless you're like 4'11" and wear a 40x28 or something. If that's the case, neon orange is the last color they should put out in that size.

post #13 of 15
$10-$15 plus the new pair of pants? Lol no thanks I am married.
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavvySwede View Post

Or just buy pants that fit right in the first place. Why would you buy pants that don't fit? But what do I know, I play with my shirt untucked and no belt half of the time.

I'm about a 34W 31L; it's hard enough finding 34W 32L pants, but when I do they're a bit too baggy. I actually just dropped a pair of blue plaid golf pants off at the tailor on Saturday to get them shortened about an inch-and-a-half. Got them several months ago but haven't worn them because I don't like wearing baggy pants. If you're gonna play like crap then you may as well look good, right?

 

But hey if you wanna look like Hank Haney here then by my guest:

 


Edited by Grndslmhttr3 - 7/22/14 at 4:08pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
 

I never had anything tailored in my life, but I also do not buy anything new until I find something that fits properly. When I find it, I'll buy 4 or 5 of the item (shirts, pants, whatever) and stock up in duplicates of colors. I've got plenty of other things to worry about and my goal isn't to be on the cover of GQ in golf attire. If I'm paying $85 for pants, they better fit off the rack or I'll put them back.. it's kind of simple. I think anyone can find clothes that fit them pretty well if they search hard enough. Unless you're like 4'11" and wear a 40x28 or something. If that's the case, neon orange is the last color they should put out in that size.

I am typically paying $49-59, on sale or new on ebay, for a pair of pants that retails at $130-150. So I don't mind the extra $15 to get fit.

 

Whatever works for each of us...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home