or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. - Page 10

post #163 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

My understanding is they test rookies 4 times a year but after the rookie year they are tested once in the off-season.  I have seen conflicting reports, so maybe that's not current policy.

You could be right. When I looked it up it was tricky to find anything straight from the NBA.
post #164 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

 

Maybe I would and maybe I would not.  Not really my decision to make (and I don't have the expertise to say).

 

My initial point was solely based on the premise that he did in fact break the rule.  I do not have sympathy for rule breakers.  If he did in fact use marijuana (I don't want to argue that point), he had to know the potential consequences.  And still chose to jeopardize his career?

I agree with your point, Gordon broke the rules and deserves the punishment.  My point was really addressing the rule itself and given we're legalizing marijuana use one state at a time it would make sense to treat marijuana use the same as alcohol use.

 

Remember this is from the guy that never tried drugs and doesn't drink so I'd be okay if both were banned or legalized and taxed.

post #165 of 502
Josh failed at least 4 test for dope and got a dwi before he talked to the commissioner after failing the most recent test. He's an idiot I don't feel bad for him at all.
post #166 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Josh failed at least 4 test for dope and got a dwi before he talked to the commissioner after failing the most recent test. He's an idiot I don't feel bad for him at all.
I hadn't followed this guy's career that close, but when you say "dope" was there a positive test for something other than weed?
post #167 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post

I hadn't followed this guy's career that close, but when you say "dope" was there a positive test for something other than weed?
No, dope as in weed, as in pot, as in kush, as in Mary J, as in Hash, as in Sticky Green, as in Party Candy as in MJ's special sauce in Space Jam.
post #168 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

No, dope as in weed, as in pot, as in kush, as in Mary J, as in Hash, as in Sticky Green, as in Party Candy as in MJ's special sauce in Space Jam.
Yeah to me dope and weed are two different animals, but maybe thats just us Northern California Hippies! c2_beer.gif
post #169 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Josh failed at least 4 test for dope and got a dwi before he talked to the commissioner after failing the most recent test. He's an idiot I don't feel bad for him at all.

 

Wrong.

 

Failed one for codeine in a prescription, and his 70th test for weed by 1 nG. 

post #170 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Wrong.

Failed one for codeine in a prescription, and his 70th test for weed by 1 nG. 
No he tested positive in college. Failed at least another test in the nfl. He's failed 6 drug tests since 2010 including the latest one.
http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2013/6/14/4428588/thoughts-on-josh-gordon-and-his-suspension
post #171 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post


No he tested positive in college. Failed at least another test in the nfl. He's failed 6 drug tests since 2010 including the latest one.
http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2013/6/14/4428588/thoughts-on-josh-gordon-and-his-suspension

 

Oh, so we're talking about college...I thought this was an NFL thread. :whistle:

 

:-P

post #172 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Oh, so we're talking about college...I thought this was an NFL thread. e2_whistling.gif

b2_tongue.gif
Ha ha yeah so I guess it was 3 times in the nfl and 3 in college. Either way he's an idiot and he's throwing away a golden opportunity to make a lot of $$$$$.
post #173 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post


Ha ha yeah so I guess it was 3 times in the nfl and 3 in college. Either way he's an idiot and he's throwing away a golden opportunity to make a lot of $$$$$.

 

No argument here. I won't touch the stuff out of fear of losing my job (one of a few reasons...). I definitely wouldn't if 8 figures were on the line. 

post #174 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

No argument here. I won't touch the stuff out of fear of losing my job (one of a few reasons...). I definitely wouldn't if 8 figures were on the line. 
Couldn't say it better. Also I couldn't agree more.
post #175 of 502

Yes, looking forward to watching the Green Bay Packers woop up on the Seahawks.  Pay back for the BS that occurred a couple of years ago.  

post #176 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTurkey View Post

Yes, looking forward to watching the Green Bay Packers woop up on the Seahawks.  Pay back for the BS that occurred a couple of years ago.  
I really hope you are right. I'm just not nearly that confident in GB. Id love to see 35-17 packers win but a new nose tackle and a new center doesn't bode well for GB on the road. If I had to bet I'd say 28-24 Seattle but I hope I'm wrong.
post #177 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTurkey View Post
 

Yes, looking forward to watching the Green Bay Packers woop up on the Seahawks.  Pay back for the BS that occurred a couple of years ago.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post


I really hope you are right. I'm just not nearly that confident in GB. Id love to see 35-17 packers win but a new nose tackle and a new center doesn't bode well for GB on the road. If I had to bet I'd say 28-24 Seattle but I hope I'm wrong.

 

 

Big game tonight for the Pack.  Hate to see them go down like the Badgers did Saturday.  That'd be a tough way for us to start the year!

post #178 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post



Big game tonight for the Pack.  Hate to see them go down like the Badgers did Saturday.  That'd be a tough way for us to start the year!
Especially since the Brewers are clasping.
post #179 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post


Especially since the Brewers are clasping.

 

Meh.....baseball.  Couldn't care less.

post #180 of 502
Brady didn't practice today with a vague calf injury and the Boston media is going absolutely batshit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.