or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use - Page 8

post #127 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post
 

Interesting 6 month suspension for this and Ray Rice gets a few games for knocking his wife out. Simply stunning.

 

The correct comparison would be to an NFL player failing a drug test for a third time..which is banishment from the league for a year. Not a suspension - you're OUT of the league & have to seek reinstatement.

 

Though I totally agree that RR got a ridiculously soft penalty. 

post #128 of 480
Interesting, I had surmised he was suspended for PEDs in previous years. Failing 3 drug tests, with the reciprocal punishments, indicates a major problem. Dude needs a lot of help.
post #129 of 480
Dustin apparently had "sexual indiscretion" with a players wife...(!)...very random
http://deadspin.com/report-dustin-johnson-had-sexual-indiscretion-with-p-1614689008
Some dude claims it broke up Will Mackenzies marriage, take that with a pound of salt....lmao some dude said "I believe this was the cause of Tigers divorce"

post #130 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Dustin apparently had "sexual indiscretion" with a players wife...(!)...very random
http://deadspin.com/report-dustin-johnson-had-sexual-indiscretion-with-p-1614689008
Some dude claims it broke up Will Mackenzies marriage, take that with a pound of salt....lmao some dude said "I believe this was the cause of Tigers divorce"

 

uhhh.. ya.. anything from deadspin is questionable as far as I'm concerned.

 

This is a real surprised.. You have everything in the world, and you "choose" to go a path that is questionable at best (I am censoring my self here)!

 

I'm not going to speak for anyone here, but I find the fact that he was already caught before the most disturbing part in the whole thing.. You are on top of the world as far as I am concerned, playing professional golf.. you fail a couple of drug tests, but you decide to continue doing what you are doing??

 

All I can do really is just shake my head.. Does anyone think that maybe if the PGA took this measure and gave him a 3 month suspension and told everyone about it the first time he tested positive for cocain that maybe he would already have gone through rehab?  I mean they delayed the punishment, and the guy just kept doing what he was doing?  Maybe, he was suspended, I don't know.. but it wasn't aired out as far as I remember.

 

What a wasted talent, questionable choices and no one to blame but himself!  (maybe his wife too, but really put the blame squarely on his shoulder)

 

Moving forward:  I don't think this guy is going to be high on peoples popularity list going forward, but for me if he comes back, and he starts doing a lot of work with the anti-drug movement and teaching young people about the mistakes he made that I would root for him again.. Until then, he just went down my popularity list.. not to last, but pretty close.

post #131 of 480
The next question is, are the international tours bound to honor the PGA Tour's suspension? Say Dustin spends some time in rehab, then decides that he wants to come back to competitive golf during the European Tour's mid-east swing next January; is there anything the PGA Tour can do to stop him?
post #132 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post

uhhh.. ya.. anything from deadspin is questionable as far as I'm concerned.

This is a real surprised.. You have everything in the world, and you "choose" to go a path that is questionable at best (I am censoring my self here)!

I'm not going to speak for anyone here, but I find the fact that he was already caught before the most disturbing part in the whole thing.. You are on top of the world as far as I am concerned, playing professional golf.. you fail a couple of drug tests, but you decide to continue doing what you are doing??

All I can do really is just shake my head.. Does anyone think that maybe if the PGA took this measure and gave him a 3 month suspension and told everyone about it the first time he tested positive for cocain that maybe he would already have gone through rehab?  I mean they delayed the punishment, and the guy just kept doing what he was doing?  Maybe, he was suspended, I don't know.. but it wasn't aired out as far as I remember.

What a wasted talent, questionable choices and no one to blame but himself!  (maybe his wife too, but really put the blame squarely on his shoulder)

Moving forward:  I don't think this guy is going to be high on peoples popularity list going forward, but for me if he comes back, and he starts doing a lot of work with the anti-drug movement and teaching young people about the mistakes he made that I would root for him again.. Until then, he just went down my popularity list.. not to last, but pretty close.
I don't know about this. I know deadspin is a little "tabloidish" but they generally get their facts right and break big stories. However, the part about Mackenzie was from one of the comments.
post #133 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post
 

 

 

I'm not going to speak for anyone here, but I find the fact that he was already caught before the most disturbing part in the whole thing.. You are on top of the world as far as I am concerned, playing professional golf.. you fail a couple of drug tests, but you decide to continue doing what you are doing??

 

 

 

Drugs can make people who are otherwise clear thinking, and rational people, do things deep down they know are Bad. Coke is one of those drugs. Maybe D.J. has some hidden issues he wants to forget..?  Look at all the other guys, MLB, HFL, ect where guys had it made, but choose to continue their bad habits. Marvin Gay stands out as someone who was on top of the world, but he liked coke way to much.

 

I hope D.J. can overcome his problems, and get back to playing golf.

post #134 of 480
Yep heard from one of my tour buddies it was MaCKenzie and Jimmy WAlker
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

I don't know about this. I know deadspin is a little "tabloidish" but they generally get their facts right and break big stories. However, the part about Mackenzie was from one of the comments.
post #135 of 480

The "sexual indiscretion" bit was a little out of place, I thought; didn't really fit the article. 

 

But man I was hoping this wasn't the case. Wish him a speedy recovery. 

post #136 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post


I don't know about this. I know deadspin is a little "tabloidish" but they generally get their facts right and break big stories. However, the part about Mackenzie was from one of the comments.

 

Maybe that is true.. I'll look more into them, but that is the general feeling I have about them at this time..  not saying it might not change if they are always breaking factual stories!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

 

Drugs can make people who are otherwise clear thinking, and rational people, do things deep down they know are Bad. Coke is one of those drugs. Maybe D.J. has some hidden issues he wants to forget..?  Look at all the other guys, MLB, HFL, ect where guys had it made, but choose to continue their bad habits. Marvin Gay stands out as someone who was on top of the world, but he liked coke way to much.

 

I hope D.J. can overcome his problems, and get back to playing golf.

 

Very true, there is probably a very long list that this drug has destroyed.. some we know about, and a lot we don't.. I know it was huge in Dallas during their hay day for example, but it seems like the NFL cares more about PED than they do about what they call "recreational" drugs.

post #137 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop15 View Post

The "sexual indiscretion" bit was a little out of place, I thought; didn't really fit the article. 

But man I was hoping this wasn't the case. Wish him a speedy recovery. 
I know i thought it was really weird just dropping it in the middle of the article.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

Yep heard from one of my tour buddies it was MaCKenzie and Jimmy WAlker
No not Jimayyy! Man **** Dustin Johnson if this is true.
post #138 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

Yep heard from one of my tour buddies it was MaCKenzie and Jimmy WAlker

 

DJ is turning out to be a real *&#(* now...  it will be hard to get sympathy votes.. Tiger ruined his relationship, as far as I remember he didn't sleep around with married women, not ones from the tour either..  The feeling between PGA players must be what *&(# bag this guy is.. 

 

My question is did many on the PGA tour already know all of this and hate him for it.. was he well liked amongst his peers or did they loath him and just kept silent until now to protect the PGA?

post #139 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post


I know i thought it was really weird just dropping it in the middle of the article.
No not Jimayyy! Man **** Dustin Johnson if this is true.

 

Don't be to quick to judge. If D.J. was under the influence, you really can't blame it all on him. While I'm a huge fan of J.W. I can't totally hold D.J. completely responsible. As I said, drugs make you do Stoopid things.

 

oh, and it takes 2 to tango.

post #140 of 480

I'm watching the Bridgestone on the golf channel right now, and they cut to an announcement.

 

Dustin Johnson tested positive for Marjiquana in 2009. Tested positive for cocaine in 2012. And the breaking news is he test positive for cocaine recently. Thats why he was suspended.

 

No more rumors any more, its official. They didn't say when he would return.

post #141 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post

Don't be to quick to judge. If D.J. was under the influence, you really can't blame it all on him. While I'm a huge fan of J.W. I can't totally hold D.J. completely responsible. As I said, drugs make you do Stoopid things.
Yeah I suppose...but how can you do that to Jimmy! That's like beating up a hamster 😝
post #142 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPK1988 View Post
 

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/dustin-johnson-suspended-pga-tour-after-positive-test-cocaine

 

 

BOMBSHELL.  From Golf.com  

What!!!!!!!!???????

 

 

Suspended for having a DISEASE?????

 

Have the asthmatics been suspended as well? If not, why not?

What about Eric Compton?? Why hasn't he been given a holiday?

 

This is DISCRIMINATION!!!!  

post #143 of 480
My guess is that' he will be in Nike's stable moving forward
post #144 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 

Have the asthmatics been suspended as well? If not, why not?

 

 

Well, I could be way off base here, but it probably has something to do with with a breathing condition being neither illegal nor against PGA Tour rules.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use