or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Keegan Bradley Hasn't Unpacked his 2012 Ryder Cup Suitcase
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Keegan Bradley Hasn't Unpacked his 2012 Ryder Cup Suitcase

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Reading in the NYT on the guys looking to make the Ryder cup team i read this about Bradley, 

 

"Bradley, who is so superstitious that he has not unpacked the suitcase containing his dirty clothing from the 2012 Ryder Cup,"

 

Embarrassed that although he and i both enjoy golf.  keeping one's 2 year old dirty underwear in the suitcase smacks of exceedingly juvenile behavior but he passes for an adult possibly representing the USA. 

 

Saddened that although he's highly skilled in one small technique of life, which yeah, i wish to emulate, he must be a moron, thus entitled to my compassion. 

post #2 of 18
Not a moron, but someone troubled by some sort of compulsive disorder.

There is something OCD-like about his mannerisims on the course. He looks as if his pre-shot routine has developed to help him deal with intrusive thoughts, much as OCD sufferers engage in compulsive hand-washing and similar behaviours. And this story suggests that the problem extends to other areas.

Nothing childish about it. He'd probably do well to seek some help, though, I'd guess it is making quite a negative impact on his life.
post #3 of 18

I'm saddened by the complete lack of empathy, tolerance and compassion exhibited by some of my fellow golfers on TST.

 

Dustin Johnson is battling a cocaine addiction and I see comments stating no pity, he deserves what he gets.

 

Keegan Bradley has OCD, what a moron.

 

There but for the grace of God, go I.

post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekelly View Post
 

Reading in the NYT on the guys looking to make the Ryder cup team i read this about Bradley,

 

"Bradley, who is so superstitious that he has not unpacked the suitcase containing his dirty clothing from the 2012 Ryder Cup,"

 

Embarrassed that although he and i both enjoy golf.  keeping one's 2 year old dirty underwear in the suitcase smacks of exceedingly juvenile behavior but he passes for an adult possibly representing the USA. 

 

Saddened that although he's highly skilled in one small technique of life, which yeah, i wish to emulate, he must be a moron, thus entitled to my compassion. 

 

It goes even farther - on the Feherty show - he hasn't moved the suitcase from the foot of his bed since the Ryder Cup loss.     He's just quirky with alot of OCD tendencies ... which are pretty obvious on the golf course

post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

I'm saddened by the complete lack of empathy, tolerance and compassion exhibited by some of my fellow golfers on TST.

 

Dustin Johnson is battling a cocaine addiction and I see comments stating no pity, he deserves what he gets.

 

Keegan Bradley has OCD, what a moron.

 

There but for the grace of God, go I.

Agreed.  Keegan lives with this challenge and appears to be a really decent guy.  

post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

 

Dustin Johnson is battling a cocaine addiction and I see comments stating no pity, he deserves what he gets.

 

 

 

Is this confirned ?    I searched & couldn't find an admission to what DJ's actually taking time off for ...

post #7 of 18

If all that makes Bradley a moron, I'd hate to see what you'd call me. 

 

In the same position as Bradley, ritual burning probably would have happened.

post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

I'm saddened by the complete lack of empathy, tolerance and compassion exhibited by some of my fellow golfers on TST.

Dustin Johnson is battling a cocaine addiction and I see comments stating no pity, he deserves what he gets.

Keegan Bradley has OCD, what a moron.

There but for the grace of God, go I.
Amen sir. I too have been surprised at the reaction to DJ's issue and this post is simply nuts.
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post
 

Agreed.  Keegan lives with this challenge and appears to be a really decent guy.

My thoughts exactly.  He can be difficult to watch, but once I learned he was OCD I realized he has very little control at this point to stop it.  I hope he is seeking help for it because it does seem to be getting worse and it could start to impact his career. 

post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekelly View Post

Reading in the NYT on the guys looking to make the Ryder cup team i read this about Bradley, 

"Bradley, who is so superstitious that he has not unpacked the suitcase containing his dirty clothing from the 2012 Ryder Cup,"

Embarrassed that although he and i both enjoy golf.  keeping one's 2 year old dirty underwear in the suitcase smacks of exceedingly juvenile behavior but he passes for an adult possibly representing the USA. 

Saddened that although he's highly skilled in one small technique of life, which yeah, i wish to emulate, he must be a moron, thus entitled to my compassion. 


At no point in your post did you mention OCD nor was there an indication that you considered that he may have OCD.. So I think anyone that equates your post with you saying that he is stupid because he has OCD is mistaken really and needs to review your post a couple more times..

What you did say is that you read the guy is superstitious and because of that he hasn't unpacked the dirty underwear in 2 years or something... I don't see anything wrong with your conclusion that this is moronic behavior!

I hope that clears things up... No one called bradly a moron for being an OCD!

If he does have OCD then I would say he is dealing with it pretty well being on the pro tour and all! There are people who can't get out of their room because it is not clean enough, he is on the very light side if you ask me!
post #11 of 18
It could just be something so he has a focus for his goals. Hopefully he's not going commando. b1_ohmy.gif
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

I'm saddened by the complete lack of empathy, tolerance and compassion exhibited by some of my fellow golfers on TST.

 

Dustin Johnson is battling a cocaine addiction and I see comments stating no pity, he deserves what he gets.

 

Keegan Bradley has OCD, what a moron.

 

There but for the grace of God, go I.

 

Wholeheartedly agree.

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post


At no point in your post did you mention OCD nor was there an indication that you considered that he may have OCD.. So I think anyone that equates your post with you saying that he is stupid because he has OCD is mistaken really and needs to review your post a couple more times..

What you did say is that you read the guy is superstitious and because of that he hasn't unpacked the dirty underwear in 2 years or something... I don't see anything wrong with your conclusion that this is moronic behavior!

I hope that clears things up... No one called bradly a moron for being an OCD!

If he does have OCD then I would say he is dealing with it pretty well being on the pro tour and all! There are people who can't get out of their room because it is not clean enough, he is on the very light side if you ask me!

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

post #14 of 18

juvenile behavior...??  no.

 

weird...??  abso-friggin-lutely.

post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Thanks!
Edited by Abu3baid - 8/1/14 at 1:05pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post
 

 

Is this confirned ?    I searched & couldn't find an admission to what DJ's actually taking time off for ...

 

 

Its confirmed and he never had back issues before either. That is from a teaching pro of some of the games best but I obv am not gonna rat him out tho it's well known of DJs vices

post #17 of 18

I find all the "strange" mannerisms that Keegan has to be interesting and kind of entertaining, He seems like a great guy too me in all the interviews and by all the statements made about him from other players, they all seem to like him. His pre-shot ritual was a lot longer and he kinda tightened it up a bit from what he was a couple of years ago. I've had OCD tendencies all my life, some really don't make sense to other people but in fairness some of the things we all do don't make a lot of sense to other people. Go Keegan!!!

 

God Bless!!! Ray

post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post
 

 

It goes even farther - on the Feherty show - he hasn't moved the suitcase from the foot of his bed since the Ryder Cup loss.     He's just quirky with alot of OCD tendencies ... which are pretty obvious on the golf course

You'd think that after the loss, he'd burn those clothes ... but that's me.:-$

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Keegan Bradley Hasn't Unpacked his 2012 Ryder Cup Suitcase