or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread - Page 59

post #1045 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

I'll be in the same boat. Just have to avoid anyone until I get home... Plus I skip all the stupid commercials.

Rory's driving is so stinking impressive. Putting drives in the middle of the middle of the middle of the fairway at will. Plus 340 yard shots make it even more amazing.
Haha. Reminds me of the first Seinfeld episode where Jerry answers the phone "If you know what happened during the mets game, don't tell me I have it on tape, hello".
post #1046 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post


I'll be in the same boat. Just have to avoid anyone until I get home... Plus I skip all the stupid commercials.

Rory's driving is so stinking impressive. Putting drives in the middle of the middle of the middle of the fairway at will. Plus 340 yard shots make it even more amazing.

 

You know, most years I would have reserved the afternoon to watch.  But I'm playing well, and the majors so far have been without drama.  So I didn't hesitate to book a time later than normal.  Course has an outing earlier on BOTH 18s, which must be huge, because they require 120 on the weekend for just one course.  

 

I had to put out text messages to people telling me not to spoil it.  I'll have to tell my group to keep their damn mouths shut.  I'll have to avoid going inside the clubhouse at the turn.  The downsides of modern technology.  WHITE PEOPLE PROBLEMS

post #1047 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguirre View Post

You know, most years I would have reserved the afternoon to watch.  But I'm playing well, and the majors so far have been without drama.  So I didn't hesitate to book a time later than normal.  Course has an outing earlier on BOTH 18s, which must be huge, because they require 120 on the weekend for just one course.  

I had to put out text messages to people telling me not to spoil it.  I'll have to tell my group to keep their damn mouths shut.  I'll have to avoid going inside the clubhouse at the turn.  The downsides of modern technology.  WHITE PEOPLE PROBLEMS
I'll be sure to PM you the results by email. c3_clap.gif
post #1048 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

I'll be sure to PM you the results by email. c3_clap.gif
Ha fortunately no one knows enough about golf around me to care. I should be good.
post #1049 of 1750

That was a brilliant scrambling round by Rory -- I can't find the exact stats, but I think he missed GIR 7 times and was in trouble, yet he only had 2 bogeys.  His long game was in general off compared to recent weeks (there's clearly something wrong with his 3W), but apart from the chips on the par 3 / pitch on 12, his short game and putting were incredible -- the round could have been several strokes worse.

post #1050 of 1750

Who si Bernd Wiesberger and where did he come from?

 

A bit disappointed that we don't get Rickie or Phil in the last group, but if he's made it to -12, maybe he can do something magic in the final round.
 

post #1051 of 1750
In Austria he couldn't handle the pressure when he was in the final group with Luiten. Year before that he won on home soil, one of his two victory on the European Tour (both 2012). Very impressive what he shows us, especially yesterday was marvellous.
post #1052 of 1750

It so often happens that groups score in pairs though, and you can see Weissberger dragging Rory whilst Rickie and Phil drive each other on. Of the two Phil is the more likely to get arole going with a home crowd adn at 10/1 I think I'll take a bit of the price. It was only a week ago that Rory smashed up Sergio's 3 shot lead in 4 holes and Sergio was arguably playing better to that point than Rory has

post #1053 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
 

Who si Bernd Wiesberger and where did he come from?

 

A bit disappointed that we don't get Rickie or Phil in the last group, but if he's made it to -12, maybe he can do something magic in the final round.
 

 

He's dude out of the blue that shows up in majors every once in a while. Whether he's dude out of blue who fades into obscurity or goes on to establish his reputation remains to be seen.

 

There are many DOTBs. Beem. Campbell, Lawrie, Van de Velde, Curtis, etc... Scientists have been baffled by the DOTB phenomenon. Do not confuse DOTB with DWMC, dude, where's my car? They are not one and the same.

 

I posted earlier in this thread that DOTB might show up but then thought McIlroy might bore us with another convincing win after the 2nd round. Do the betting places in the UK have a bet for this guy I wonder?

 

post #1054 of 1750

I like Fowler and Mickelson as a pairing--the old and the new in American golf.  So what if it's next to last and not the final group?

 

For that matter, I like the Dude Out of the Blue and World's No. 1 as a pairing.  And if the Dude fades under pressure, well, it's Rory against the Field, which may be what it's been all along.

post #1055 of 1750

It's tough to see Rors letting this one go under these course conditions, even if he scrambles for it.

 

The DOTB - Bernd - putting is his achilles. Will that fade under pressure?

 

Fowler and Phil -- would suspect that Ricky would put in a good round but not enough to outlast Rors. Phil? Who knows?

post #1056 of 1750

http://www.pgatour.com/video/2014/08/09/jason-day_s-walkabout-earns-par-at-pga-championship.html

 

Didn't get to watch it live yesterday. Awesome recovery for a par.

 

Day is another one who's due for a major win.
 

post #1057 of 1750
Hope Luiten can play himself within the top 10. Everything more is a bonus.
post #1058 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent View Post

Hope Luiten can play himself within the top 10. Everything more is a bonus.
Or a 62 and a win c5_banana.gif
post #1059 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Or a 62 and a win c5_banana.gif

That would be quite a bonus yes a2_wink.gif
post #1060 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent View Post

That would be quite a bonus yes a2_wink.gif

And would piss off Johnny Miller, although we'd still hear about his 63, again and again. a1_smile.gif
post #1061 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

And would piss off Johnny Miller, although we'd still hear about his 63, again and again. a1_smile.gif
Did you know Michael Bradley once shot 63?
michael-bradley.jpg
post #1062 of 1750

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread