or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread - Page 92

post #1639 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I was so close!
3443686-you-sir-deserve-a-cookie.jpg.png
post #1640 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

You lost them all.

 

I don't think I've ever predicted a winner either. It doesn't help that we didn't do them pre-2009. :)

Hell the guy I predicted didn't even play

post #1641 of 1750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


But @mvmac beat us all:

 

Right on the number! :banana::banana::banana:

post #1642 of 1750

Man, I thought Rickie was gonna win there for a bit. gratz to Rory for a very nice win.

post #1643 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

You lost them all.

I don't think I've ever predicted a winner either. It doesn't help that we didn't do them pre-2009. :)

Some day.
post #1644 of 1750
post #1645 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

 

When Rory is on fire, don't bet against!! This was a pretty easy pick. Given the odds of winning 3 tournaments in a row is slim, but Rory can be that good. 


I went with JB. I had hope for a brief moment.

 

Congrats man!

post #1646 of 1750

Rory's reclaiming the losing Ryder Cup venues (anything going to Brookline any time soon?)

 

Talking of the RC, interesting when Phil was asked about his targets he didn't mention it, but spoke instead about how he wanted to go to the Olympics!!! and that he was focused "next year now".... I'd have been mortified if I were Tom Watson hearing that. You've just been beaten by a European and you're more concerned about a Gold medal in Rio

 

That's neither here nor there though,

 

My own take on this was that golf has a product still, and it's in safe hands so long as its competitive. This is a sight better spectacle than watching Tiger Woods smash course after course up whilst the banal holler "in the hole" at every shot

 

Rory and Rickey in particular look to be excellent standard bearers for the sport. I suspect Bubba's actualyl got a role to play still, as he still represents something deep in the sport (lets not forget he's got a 72% approval rating on this forum).

 

There is the chance we're just starting to get a few characters into the game which I'm not sure the Tiger years ever had

 

One who I hope could make an impact (as I see Seve in him) is Dubuisson who looks like he's walked straight out of a Dumas novel

post #1647 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarawayFairways View Post

I suspect Bubba's actualyl got a role to play still, as he still represents something deep in the sport (lets not forget he's got a 72% approval rating on this forum).

Can you imagine if Bubba was in Phil's/Rickie's position and had to wait as Rory and Weisberger played up? I don't think we would ever hear the end of it.
post #1648 of 1750

PHENOMENAL TOURNAMENT.

 

I was glued to my seat today. Thanks to Stenson, Rickie and mostly to Phil and Rory for making today so damn interesting.

post #1649 of 1750

I am really glad that Rory won but I am even more happy that Rickie was in it again.  These two are going to have some great rounds in the coming years.  Also, Henrik really turned it in on 17 which is a shame because he is my fav.  I was really happy to see 3 of my 4 favorites in the top 4

post #1650 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Can you imagine if Bubba was in Phil's/Rickie's position and had to wait as Rory and Weisberger played up? I don't think we would ever hear the end of it.
Watson would have a major bitch fit. I'm not so sure he wouldn't just melt into oblivion at that very spot...
post #1651 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Watson would have a major bitch fit. I'm not so sure he wouldn't just melt into oblivion at that very spot...

The lightning...
post #1652 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


Can you imagine if Bubba was in Phil's/Rickie's position and had to wait as Rory and Weisberger played up? I don't think we would ever hear the end of it.

 

I hadn't thought of that possibility

 

Hell you could write a sketch on it couldn't you, followed by the inevitable retreat to Twitter to ask for forgiveness

 

Bubba actually gave an object lesson in how to lose a tournament before a ball was struck.

 

I got the impression that it was Rickey who was more involved with the decision to let them play up, but to be honest, they got the organisers off the hook a little bit, and Rory really had to play with a delay from the sixth onward didn't he. Now that must have been tough because there was a time in the middle holes when he watching Phil and Rickey rip it up whilst he was being made to wait 5 mins on every shot before following

 

Ah I misread you slightly. Imagine if Bubba was in Phil & Rickey's. What would be more amusing would be to imagine Bubba in Rory's position all round. He'd have exploded somewhere around the 10th I reckon and demanded that the Red Sea be parted and he be allowed to play through

post #1653 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarawayFairways View Post

Rory's reclaiming the losing Ryder Cup venues (anything going to Brookline any time soon?)

Talking of the RC, interesting when Phil was asked about his targets he didn't mention it, but spoke instead about how he wanted to go to the Olympics!!! and that he was focused "next year now".... I'd have been mortified if I were Tom Watson hearing that. You've just been beaten by a European and you're more concerned about a Gold medal in Rio

That's neither here nor there though,

My own take on this was that golf has a product still, and it's in safe hands so long as its competitive. This is a sight better spectacle than watching Tiger Woods smash course after course up whilst the banal holler "in the hole" at every shot

Rory and Rickey in particular look to be excellent standard bearers for the sport. I suspect Bubba's actualyl got a role to play still, as he still represents something deep in the sport (lets not forget he's got a 72% approval rating on this forum).

There is the chance we're just starting to get a few characters into the game which I'm not sure the Tiger years ever had

One who I hope could make an impact (as I see Seve in him) is Dubuisson who looks like he's walked straight out of a Dumas novel
Ollie is coming to The Country Club to extract revenge!!
post #1654 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

Nah, I don't bet. I am more a fan of blackjack tables.

 

I don't play golf. I am more a fan of whacking a little white ball around a field with holes. :-D

post #1655 of 1750
what a great fun round of golf to veiw, it was fun since Saturday. pretty exciting to watch today. kind of reminded me of the days when it was getting dark and carts had to be in and joining the group in front, finishing with eight golfers and having some good laughs and scores.

hats off to all the contenders. like I said it was fun to watch.
post #1656 of 1750
Rory just confirmed his 284yd 3 wood on 10 was lucky. Was 30 feet lower and 15 yards left of where he intended. "It was lucky- it really was. You need a little bit of luck to win a major and that was my lucky break."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread