or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread - Page 25

post #433 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post

Wow.. This probably deserves its own thread, but the argument between brandel and frank on Live From tonight analyzing tiger's problems got to a total embarrassing level for the Golf Channel. Holy cow!!!!

What happened? 

post #434 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop15 View Post
 

What happened? 

 

Wasn't that big of a deal. Was about Tiger's driving, i.e. aoa and his launch angle, and Brandle says Tigers tilt's backward to gain the aoa and that's what's hurting Tiger's back..Frank disagreed.

post #435 of 1750
They just got way carried away arguing with each other about statistics. At one point, Brandel bet Frank everything he owns that he was wrong about Tiger swing speed last year. Lerner and Notah were noticeably uncomfortable. they just kept going on and on.
post #436 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post

They just got way carried away arguing with each other about statistics. At one point, Brandel bet Frank everything he owns that he was wrong about Tiger swing speed last year. Lerner and Notah were noticeably uncomfortable. they just kept going on and on.

 

One thing it did, was break up the monotony of the show...:-D 

post #437 of 1750

I just found it. Nobilo was really heated about the injury thing. 

post #438 of 1750
For two guys that are supposed to be professional commentators, I disagree. Frank didn't just disagree and let it go..they argued like a couple of kids for 5 minutes. I didn't say that they got into a fist fight, but it made them look like a bunch of clowns.
post #439 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post

They just got way carried away arguing with each other about statistics. At one point, Brandel bet Frank everything he owns that he was wrong about Tiger swing speed last year. Lerner and Notah were noticeably uncomfortable. they just kept going on and on.

Nothing like a couple old blow-hards arguing about another golfer lol. I'm amazed that the GC still exists at all.

post #440 of 1750

Nobilo and Chamblee don't particularly like each other, from what I've gathered. 

post #441 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENtSwing32 View Post

Nothing like a couple old blow-hards arguing about another golfer lol. I'm amazed that the GC still exists at all.

Very true
post #442 of 1750

I like Nobilo. He's said many more correct things about the golf swing than Chamblee has, and his presentation is much more enjoyable that Chamblee's, imo.

post #443 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop15 View Post

I like Nobilo. He's said many more correct things about the golf swing than Chamblee has, and his presentation is much more enjoyable that Chamblee's, imo.


Yep. I agree
post #444 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop15 View Post
 

I like Nobilo. He's said many more correct things about the golf swing than Chamblee has, and his presentation is much more enjoyable that Chamblee's, imo.


I agree, but I tend to agree with Brandel's argument tonight. Was quite entertaining to watch them argue.

 

Also, my Bubba hatred has increased.

post #445 of 1750

So given Rory's play, what do you guys think, -2 and better have a shot at this point?

post #446 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post
 


I agree, but I tend to agree with Brandel's argument tonight. Was quite entertaining to watch them argue.

 

Also, my Bubba hatred has increased.

 

Agree. I don't mind Brandel. People don't like him because he's hard on Tiger, but that's kinda why I do like him. Too many guys kiss up to Tiger and he's not afraid to be critical. And I thought he was pretty spot on tonight.

post #447 of 1750

That was weird.

 

Brandel starts by essentially saying that Tiger is trying to live and die with Trackman, and it's screwing with his swing.

 

Begay says, "No, Tiger is injured. It's not his swing, it's his back."

 

Brandel and Nobilo go at it ... shaft lean, club head speed, yada, yada, yada ... I bet everything on this set... yada ... and the argument seems senseless and unprofessional

 

Rich uncomfortably tries to end it ... cue uneasy laughter...

post #448 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post
 


I agree, but I tend to agree with Brandel's argument tonight. Was quite entertaining to watch them argue.

 

Also, my Bubba hatred has increased.

Brandel's argument didn't make much sense to me. Trackman is a sophisticated piece of machinery; it would be so easily fooled by whatever Brandel said Tiger was doing. Also, "leaning back" is not what Tiger or any other tour pro is doing. Their spines are tilting to the right but its not faked secondary axis tilt. And it wont hurt your back. 

 

As for the Bubba thing, I really can't stand his attitude. I don't get it. He's better than what he's been acting lately. 

post #449 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENtSwing32 View Post
 

Nothing like a couple old blow-hards arguing about another golfer lol. I'm amazed that the GC still exists at all.


I just watched the argument and I wouldn't have watched it if you guys weren't talking about it. ;-)

 

Maybe it was good for ratings. :hmm:

post #450 of 1750
I don't like Brandel's voice and uppity attitude. He thinks he's extremely good at golf.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread