or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread - Page 27

post #469 of 1750

I'm just luvin how everybody keeps yammering and  blabbering about Bubba and Rory...

 

Yet, curiously enough, the actual leaders of the tournament have been conveniently ignored.

 

Tied for the actual lead of the tournament are: Ryan Palmer, Lee Westwood, Kevin Chappel.

 

Not saying that  Rory is a bad player or anything, but he's gotta keep his ball in the play, instead of racking up the penalty strokes.

 

Makes it that much more pressure to keep making birdie and eagles with those double bogeys and bogeys.

post #470 of 1750

To be honest, the US golf fans have it within their own powers to stop adverts on golf broadcasts if they organised themselves on social media to do so. Just have a consumer boycott of named products/manufacturers that ruin their coverage. They'd soon stop if people stopped buying the equipment. They get enough product placement in a golf broadcast as it is, but American's don't always help themselves when I read various boards with some seriously suggesting that they need to pick Tiger Woods for the Ryder Cup so as to boost television ratings - what!!!!   is it bloody wonder they keep losing? Anyone caught spouting that kind of nonesense has become a prisoner of the networks and trapped into their world view and way of thinking, so they won't challenge the orthodoxy of adverts. Classic Stockholm Syndrome. I'm sure it could be organised with the amount of IT savvy markeeters out there in the States and social networking that goes on. 

 

Send the manufacturers an ultimatium. Stop ruining our enjoyment of golf by running your intrusive adverts by this date, or we won't buy another single one of your products. Conversely, then agree to endorse any manufacturer through social media that agrees and buy theirs instead. I'd love to see it happen. It would shake American television to the core as it completely alters the whole way they watch. 

 

Personally I've stopped watching the advert cable stations now anyway purely because I can concentrate for more than 9 minutes at a time and get fed up with a 6 minute block of adverts butting in. Result, the advertisers don't reach me

post #471 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by late347 View Post
 

I'm just luvin how everybody keeps yammering and  blabbering about Bubba and Rory...

 

Yet, curiously enough, the actual leaders of the tournament have been conveniently ignored.

 

Tied for the actual lead of the tournament are: Ryan Palmer, Lee Westwood, Kevin Chappel.

 

 

 

The BBC have headlined Westwood

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/

post #472 of 1750

The first flight of the day is scheduled to tee off right about now. Anybody knows who the weather is?

post #473 of 1750
Rain later. A lot of doubt as to whether they'll finish today.

What's the featured group this morning?
post #474 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookter View Post
 

Although I'd be quite happy never to have to watch that Ryder Cup Monty vs Harmon stuff again...

This x 1000

post #475 of 1750

Yesterday, UK Sky carried the PGA.com's 'marquee group' coverage of Woods, Mickelson, Harrington. Today, I can't find any link (on Sky or PGA) to similar coverage for this morning's marquee group -- presumably it would have to be McIlroy, Kaymer, Watson.

 

Does anybody have the link -- surely they didn't just put the extra coverage on for Tiger...

post #476 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Rain later. A lot of doubt as to whether they'll finish today.

What's the featured group this morning?

Sky were advertising coverage of Rory, Bubba and Kaymer before their normal coverage started, so I imagine they are in the featured group.

post #477 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookter View Post
 

Yesterday, UK Sky carried the PGA.com's 'marquee group' coverage of Woods, Mickelson, Harrington. Today, I can't find any link (on Sky or PGA) to similar coverage for this morning's marquee group -- presumably it would have to be McIlroy, Kaymer, Watson.

 

Does anybody have the link -- surely they didn't just put the extra coverage on for Tiger...

 

 

It will be, coverage starts at 8:30

post #478 of 1750

I hope so -- although there's no  link I can find on either website at the moment (it was all over the front page yesterday before the coverage started). I'll check back in half an hour...

post #479 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookter View Post
 

I hope so -- although there's no  link I can find on either website at the moment (it was all over the front page yesterday before the coverage started). I'll check back in half an hour...

Sky's red button coverage starts at 1.35pm which is the Rory Bubba groups tee-time or it was before the rain :(

post #480 of 1750

Can I also use that here (Europe), or are those feeds USA only?

post #481 of 1750

Play already suspended according to pgatour.com

post #482 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansteadimp View Post
 

Sky's red button coverage starts at 1.35pm which is the Rory Bubba groups tee-time or it was before the rain :(

 

Thanks -- yesterday it was available on the Sky website (i.e. they streamed Sky Sports Extra).Today, there's no mention of it. If it's only on the red button, it presumably won't be available online. I'll have to send Mrs brookter out shopping so I can watch it on the TV. Risks bankruptcy, of course, but worth it...

post #483 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Notay Begay just said that "Rory is hitting the ball longer AND further then everybody else right now."  Hehe.

Yea, I caught that, too.  Pretty funny.  How did I miss what happened with Bubba?  Can someone give me a quick summary?  I can't dig back through 20 pages of posts.  

post #484 of 1750

Play suspended, but they're going to play.  Said they're going to continue to play the ball down......no LCP. 

 

Hopefully they get going soon.....

post #485 of 1750

Play resumed.

 

Streaming coverage of the featured group begins at 9:25

post #486 of 1750

Stenson birdies the first and also on -6.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread