or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread - Page 6

post #91 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post

How is the coverage of this tournament, btw? Any early broadcasts?

 
1 to 7 ET for thursday/friday..11 to 7 weekends. On the PGA Championship app 8:30 to 7 ET featured group coverage. Weekends 11 to 7. Par 3 coverage 1 to 7 thursday/friday and 11 to 7 weekends. Press room all day on PGA app. Wednesday to friday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post

Tiger Woods to play practice round at 2pm.
Interesting. Good news?, I suppose. I hope it's not a friday WD
post #92 of 1750

Still could be a WD. My guess is if he feels a tweak he's done (unless he's stupid).

 

If this were mid-season I'd guess he would WD. However, given the fact that if he doesn't go this week he's done for 6 months (no Ryder and no Fed Ex), that adds the motivation to play.

post #93 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post

Still could be a WD. My guess is if he feels a tweak he's done (unless he's stupid).

If this were mid-season I'd guess he would WD. However, given the fact that if he doesn't go this week he's done for 6 months (no Ryder and no Fed Ex), that adds the motivation to play.
Tiger Woods thinks he's ****ing Iron Man...He better be healthy if he plays, this could really screw a career.
post #94 of 1750

Well he probably didn't take any inflammatory pills or cortizone shots before Sunday's round. He'll be taking them every day this week (assuming he plays).

post #95 of 1750
The PGA Championship will have ShotLink, so that's pretty cool.
post #96 of 1750

I think he's gonna push it this week since its the last major. Think he already knows the Ryder Cup is not looking promising and he's just gonna roll the dice on this major. He needs to stop working out so much.

post #97 of 1750
Played a round at Valhalla on the ol' xbox. Shot 61 with Tiger. This can mean only one thing.....Tiger is going to shoot 61!
post #98 of 1750
Tiger looks good on the range right now. He hasn't hit a driver yet, though.
post #99 of 1750
Off goes perhaps the most heavily-covered practice round in PGA history. The crowd following Tiger is massive; I doubt the final pairing on Sunday will see such a gallery.
post #100 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper View Post

Off goes perhaps the most heavily-covered practice round in PGA history. The crowd following Tiger is massive; I doubt the final pairing on Sunday will see such a gallery.


Unless Tiger's in that group, you might be right.

post #101 of 1750
Did he hit a driver off the 1st?
post #102 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Did he hit a driver off the 1st?


https://twitter.com/GCTigerTracker

 

Quote:
Driver off No 1 finds fairway. No signs of pain.

  

post #103 of 1750
Are we about to see Tiger replay the 2008 US Open? That would be something.
post #104 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

Are we about to see Tiger replay the 2008 US Open? That would be something.

Hmmm, I wondered that exact thing this morning.  Wouldn't that be awesome?  A couple of really nice bookends to his drought. ;)

post #105 of 1750
It would be a huge shot in the arm for the pga and the Ryder cup if he did win this week but i just can't see that happening. Im rooting for a TW win.
post #106 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

Are we about to see Tiger replay the 2008 US Open? That would be something.

Lol, I can hear the teeth gnashing already. @Rick Martin might even be compelled to post some well placed vitriol.

post #107 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

Are we about to see Tiger replay the 2008 US Open? That would be something.

2/2 fairways hit so far in his practice round!!! b2_tongue.gif
post #108 of 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

It would be a huge shot in the arm for the pga and the Ryder cup if he did win this week but i just can't see that happening. Im rooting for a TW win.

 

I don't think it's impossible for him to win. If he hits the fairways, he has a shot. That's a big IF, though, his swing looks a complete mess with the big stick. I do not like the short follow through. He needs to get that power back at impact. But he swung the irons really solid and was pretty good on the greens.

 

The weather forecast doesn't help him, though. I think soft conditions forces him to hit more drivers off the tee, which is the last thing you want to see if you're rooting for Tiger.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread