or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Going from Cobra S2 Irons to what???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Going from Cobra S2 Irons to what???

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

I am currently gaming a set of Cobra S2 irons (4-PW) with Nippon NS Pro stiff shafts. I am looking at getting some new irons. I would like to get more towards a players iron without going to a blade. When I bought the S2s I wasn't a great ball striker and now I am, so I could easily handle more of a players iron. I am considering Taylormade Tour Preferred MC, Cobra Bio Cell +, and Ping i25. Any thoughts??

post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoGolfer250 View Post
 

I am currently gaming a set of Cobra S2 irons (4-PW) with Nippon NS Pro stiff shafts. I am looking at getting some new irons. I would like to get more towards a players iron without going to a blade. When I bought the S2s I wasn't a great ball striker and now I am, so I could easily handle more of a players iron. I am considering Taylormade Tour Preferred MC, Cobra Bio Cell +, and Ping i25. Any thoughts??

 

Yep agree with those, I'll add Titleist AP2's, Callaway Apex Pro or X2 Hot Pros.

post #3 of 6
I went from Cobra S2 irons to Mizuno MP-69s. Very happy. Hope to have them for 20 years. I bought the Cobras because my game was in poor shape and I wanted the stronger lofts plus higher launch. I took some lessons and practiced and got much better. When I was looking I wanted a blade that wouldn't kill me, and that was the Mizunos.
post #4 of 6

If you want to stick with Cobra, The s3 Pro Forged are very nice and I believe they can be had for cheap.

post #5 of 6
How much for the S2's?a3_biggrin.gif
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsys0042 View Post

I went from Cobra S2 irons to Mizuno MP-69s. Very happy. Hope to have them for 20 years. I bought the Cobras because my game was in poor shape and I wanted the stronger lofts plus higher launch. I took some lessons and practiced and got much better. When I was looking I wanted a blade that wouldn't kill me, and that was the Mizunos.


I've hit the MP-69s. They feel great. The only problem is that I get a lot of spin on the ball as it is and the Mizuno's add even more to a point where I cant control the spin. If I could hit them with less spin or if I could control the spin, I would go for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

If you want to stick with Cobra, The s3 Pro Forged are very nice and I believe they can be had for cheap.

As far as the S3 forged goes, I cant find any new sets anywhere and I don't want to buy them used. I have hit them, and I hit them well. If I could find them new, I would get them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Going from Cobra S2 Irons to what???