or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Bubba being Bubba.....................again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bubba being Bubba.....................again - Page 3

post #37 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post
 

 

You didn't really just write that did you?

 

I did. 

post #38 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 Does that make him a bad Christian, or using it as a cop out, NO! It makes him human. I

No-one has an issue with the human part of it. That's fine. It's the entitled arrogance and phoniness of the man.

He's not a bad Christian, he's an unpleasant human. Hypocrisy is his worst fault. Look at the video of him goofing around with a driver at the PGA in 2013. But 2014 - "Just trying to win a championship" All business.  It would have killed him to knock one down there. Poor baby.

 

Imagine if the stock response for everyone was the same as Bubba's when they are justifiably criticised for boorish, homophobic (don't ask me to explain that one, look up what he did), ignorant, arrogant and just plain stupid behaviour?

 

"Hey - I'm just trying to follow the bible and lead a Christian life".

What the hell does it mean? Other than serve as evidence that he has the comprehension of a 3 year old.

 

The next time someone criticises me for criticising someone else, I'm saying it. "Hey, I'm just trying to follow the bible". I would rightfully get flack.

 

In other words, people who believe in something that a four year old can see is nonsense are better than those who don't and no-one has a right to comment. In Bubba's case, they do comment, he pretends not to read the comments and then complains about those comments. He's as thick as the proverbial........(fill in the blanks to your own taste)

post #39 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
 

 

I did. 

 

Then you just weren't paying attention or your biases are so strong they have driven rationality out of your head.

 

And let's just remember what it is that has proven this:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
 

 No one says anything when Tiger is dropping F bombs left and right.

 

Does anyone else remember it this way?  Because I sure remember a lot of talk about his on-course behavior and his language, but apparently you were always out making a sandwich or something when those criticisms came.

post #40 of 91

 Bubba Watson meets and thanks one of his harshest critics 

post #41 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post
 

 

Then you just weren't paying attention or your biases are so strong they have driven rationality out of your head.

 

And let's just remember what it is that has proven this:

 

 

Does anyone else remember it this way?  Because I sure remember a lot of talk about his on-course behavior and his language, but apparently you were always out making a sandwich or something when those criticisms came.

 

What biases would those be?

 

I was probably out on the golf course, in the woods, or on the water.  I don't prefer to sit around watching tv all weekend, like some.  

post #42 of 91

Folks can not like the guy all they want but the simple fact is that he has two major victories, other wins on tour, and has made enough money to live well the rest of this life.  He needs to work on his attitude but I think the majority on tour would take his career accomplishments and run. 

post #43 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divotmaker77 View Post

Folks can not like the guy all they want but the simple fact is that he has two major victories, other wins on tour, and has made enough money to live well the rest of this life.  He needs to work on his attitude but I think the majority on tour would take his career accomplishments and run. 

Don't think any of us are arguing that he's not good enough at golf.
post #44 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


Don't think any of us are arguing that he's not good enough at golf.

Definitely not.

He is obviously a very talented golfer.  You don't even make the tour otherwise, let alone win two majors.

post #45 of 91

Obviously, but he should consider his future in the golf scene, money or not. It's easy to be labeled by the fans out there.

post #46 of 91

There's always money to be made from being the  bad guy if that's what makes Bubba Watson tick

 

And lets not forget, a majority of American golf fans approve of him and think he's good for the game (if evidenced by the survey conducted on this website that gave him 72%)

post #47 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarawayFairways View Post
 

There's always money to be made from being the  bad guy if that's what makes Bubba Watson tick

 

And lets not forget, a majority of American golf fans approve of him and think he's good for the game (if evidenced by the survey conducted on this website that gave him 72%)

Okay, enough of the 72%.

 

You have beat that dead horse post after post.

 

He actions from the time of that poll have an effect on how people view him now.

 

Or does time stand still for you?

post #48 of 91

The answer of course is start another Bubba poll isn't it?

post #49 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
 

 

What biases would those be?

 

I was probably out on the golf course, in the woods, or on the water.  I don't prefer to sit around watching tv all weekend, like some.  

 

OK so despite the fact that Tiger's on-course language has been a huge topic of discussion for 15 years YOU claim that "No one says anything when Tiger is dropping F bombs left and right." implying that Tiger gets better treatment than Bubba.  Only someone completely biased could make the statement: "No one says anything when Tiger is dropping F bombs left and right."

 

And then you come up with some lame-ass excuse that you wouldn't know if people said anything about Tiger's language because apparently for the last 15 years while Tiger has been roundly criticized for his on-course language you were out on the golf course and missed it.  Yet you DO know about his F-bombs.  And you expect anyone to believe that "No one says anything when Tiger is dropping F bombs left and right."  Or that somehow you know about the F-bombs but missed all of the criticism he got for them.

 

THAT bias.

post #50 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarawayFairways View Post
 

The answer of course is start another Bubba poll isn't it?

Of course ...

 

Just what we need ... another Bubba thread.:-$

post #51 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post
 

Of course ...

 

Just what we need ... another Bubba thread.:-$

 

Urm... don't recall you protesting earlier?, as Bubba Watson has been a regular subject looking back through the archive. Are you by any chance concerned that he wouldn't achieve the same level of approval today? 

post #52 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post

 

OK so despite the fact that Tiger's on-course language has been a huge topic of discussion for 15 years YOU claim that "No one says anything when Tiger is dropping F bombs left and right." implying that Tiger gets better treatment than Bubba.  Only someone completely biased could make the statement: "No one says anything when Tiger is dropping F bombs left and right."

 

And then you come up with some lame-ass excuse that you wouldn't know if people said anything about Tiger's language because apparently for the last 15 years while Tiger has been roundly criticized for his on-course language you were out on the golf course and missed it.  Yet you DO know about his F-bombs.  And you expect anyone to believe that "No one says anything when Tiger is dropping F bombs left and right."  Or that somehow you know about the F-bombs but missed all of the criticism he got for them.

 

THAT bias.

 



We all bring our biases to the party when we post here or anywhere, it's kinda the point. Indeed, I find you to be perhaps the most biased member of this site. But, that's OK and why we're here.

I have my own biases, such as Bubba's a prick (and believe it or not, I'm a Christian). So, I'll come at threads about Bubba with that in mind. Don't think there's anything wrong with it; it's human nature and I is human.
post #53 of 91
He's a Bulldog. He can't help it.
post #54 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post
 

 

OK so despite the fact that Tiger's on-course language has been a huge topic of discussion for 15 years YOU claim that "No one says anything when Tiger is dropping F bombs left and right." implying that Tiger gets better treatment than Bubba.  Only someone completely biased could make the statement: "No one says anything when Tiger is dropping F bombs left and right."

 

And then you come up with some lame-ass excuse that you wouldn't know if people said anything about Tiger's language because apparently for the last 15 years while Tiger has been roundly criticized for his on-course language you were out on the golf course and missed it.  Yet you DO know about his F-bombs.  And you expect anyone to believe that "No one says anything when Tiger is dropping F bombs left and right."  Or that somehow you know about the F-bombs but missed all of the criticism he got for them.

 

THAT bias.

 

Wow, didn't mean to strike a nerve.  It is "Man Crush Monday" though, isn't it?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Bubba being Bubba.....................again