or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Nike Releases Vapor Irons
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nike Releases Vapor Irons - Page 3

post #37 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post
 

 

I can't think of any other new iron lately that looks better...G30...SLDR...*quiver*

 

I like the contrast on these...something different...but like I said, I'm a Nike *****.

 

Different strokes.  That's why there are so many different styles out there..... 

 

 

 

I'm not even a Mizuno guy, but by God, to me, these MP-4's are the prettiest irons ever made!

 

 

 

 

It's a real shame that I'm nowhere close to being a good enough ball-striker to play them......   :8) 

post #38 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

Different strokes.  That's why there are so many different styles out there..... 

 

 

 

I'm not even a Mizuno guy, but by God, to me, these MP-4's are the prettiest irons ever made!

 

 

 

 

It's a real shame that I'm nowhere close to being a good enough ball-striker to play them......   :8) 

 

Agree - those are damn nice. The 'players' clubs Mizuno makes are always pretty eye pleasing

post #39 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

Different strokes.  That's why there are so many different styles out there..... 

 

 

 

I'm not even a Mizuno guy, but by God, to me, these MP-4's are the prettiest irons ever made!

 

 

 

 

It's a real shame that I'm nowhere close to being a good enough ball-striker to play them......   :8) 

That's exactly how I feel about these:

Pure sex on a stick.

post #40 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

I saw these and thought, "these are the prototypes, the are not putting these out". I will have to say I love the sexy look of my ap2's and anyone that see them in my bag makes a comment on how good they look. That being said, Nike makes ugly clubs. The sumo driver and some others. I do kind of like the red woods but I like red in general.

Nike fans will like nike stuff but for me, pass.
The Sumo driver was made during the crazy square driver phase, and believe me that wasnt even the worst looking driver on the market. Anyone remember the Calloway FT-IQ or whatever it as called.

post #41 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

Pure sex on a stick.

 

That's called a dildo

post #42 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post


The Sumo driver was made during the crazy square driver phase, and believe me that wasnt even the worst looking driver on the market. Anyone remember the Calloway FT-IQ or whatever it as called.

Yeah, you can't judge Nike today by their Sasquatch line. Their Covert woods are the best looking on the market, in my view. Play pretty well too. Hate the look of their irons... until these. Gorgeous. Dig the neon and black, too. Wouldn't have thought so if you'd just described them to me.

post #43 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post


The Sumo driver was made during the crazy square driver phase, and believe me that wasnt even the worst looking driver on the market. Anyone remember the Calloway FT-IQ or whatever it as called.


Yeah those were disgusting.

post #44 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 


Yeah those were disgusting.

These were before I played golf. I look at these the way I look at old pictures of people dressed in the 70s and 80s. "It was a crazy time..."

post #45 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post


The Sumo driver was made during the crazy square driver phase, and believe me that wasnt even the worst looking driver on the market. Anyone remember the Calloway FT-IQ or whatever it as called.

Vomit.

post #46 of 65
Don't make me post a picture of my Sumo2 5900 3 wood and driver. I actually think they look kind of nice; don't like those vapor irons, though.
post #47 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post
 

 

Why? Is there any specific reason? Or just unwarranted entirely?

Just have never gotten any good feel from their clubs and some of the past were just plain ugly to the eye at address.  To each his own and if you get the results you want playing with their equipment then go for it, but I just think other companies simply make better quality and performing equipment for the average player and not specific to their tour players.  At least Nike does not introduce something that is going to dramatically improve my game every three months like Taylormade does.

post #48 of 65
I think they look silly.
post #49 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

That's exactly how I feel about these:


Pure sex on a stick.

That's the Mizuno MP-32 for me. Gorgeous.




But I love the Vapor irons, so what the hell do I know?
post #50 of 65

Yeah I think those classic all steel back blades are beautiful.  But I think these new Nikes are sexy as hell too.  Even though it's above my pay grade, I already want that pro combo set 2-PW badly.

 

Speaking of getting new Nike irons, I just got a job at Nike.  At the employee store they have a very limited selection of current Nike irons.  I wonder if I can get the 50% employee discount on a set of these through the employee website!?  For $500 I'd go above my pay grade and get those pro combos just cause I'd get a quarter chub every time I looked at them in my bag :drool: 

post #51 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl View Post

Yeah I think those classic all steel back blades are beautiful.  But I think these new Nikes are sexy as hell too.  Even though it's above my pay grade, I already want that pro combo set 2-PW badly.

Speaking of getting new Nike irons, I just got a job at Nike.  At the employee store they have a very limited selection of current Nike irons.  I wonder if I can get the 50% employee discount on a set of these through the employee website!?  For $500 I'd go above my pay grade and get those pro combos just cause I'd get a quarter chub every time I looked at them in my bag d3_drool.gif  
That's cool. Your almost obligated to get a set of vapors now 😀. If you get a chance you should hit the Corvet 2.0 & 2.0 tour driver and give us a review.
post #52 of 65

I swore off Nike after I tried the disaster slingshots irons that a friend had...  I couldn't possibly understand how those things were game improvement and the feel was so bad...  I still feel like .... like.....  yea that feeling of nails on a chalkboard....    that feeling....  aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh   ear muffs!!!!

 

Okay...  I kinda like the look of the new Vapor line, I would try them but with thin patience lol

post #53 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

Different strokes.  That's why there are so many different styles out there..... 

 

 

 

I'm not even a Mizuno guy, but by God, to me, these MP-4's are the prettiest irons ever made!

 

 

 

 

It's a real shame that I'm nowhere close to being a good enough ball-striker to play them......   :8) 

 

 

 

Not too shabby Edel Blades... but the Vapors are great in a MOMA kind of way.

 

 

 

 

post #54 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post
 
 

 

Not too shabby Edel Blades... but the Vapors are great in a MOMA kind of way.

 

 

 

 

Whoa..those look like a trophy that you'd win in an amateur tournament or something lol. I'd be scared to hit those!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Nike Releases Vapor Irons