or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › TST Investigates GAME Golf
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TST Investigates GAME Golf - Page 14

post #235 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

One of the best shots I've hit on this hole in a long time. 4 iron downhill and into the wind. I typically push it right.

 

Nice round!  Did you hit a tree on 17?? ;)

post #236 of 365

Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but do you have to plug this into a computer to sync or does it sync wirelessly?

post #237 of 365
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc123 View Post
 

Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but do you have to plug this into a computer to sync or does it sync wirelessly?

 

You plug it in to a USB cable. One is provided of course. That's also how it charges.

post #238 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

I agree.

 

Me too, I just want it because it's cool. :-D

post #239 of 365
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

Me too, I just want it because it's cool. :-D

 

Just borrow mine next time. Combined we'll shoot like 200. :)

post #240 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Just borrow mine next time. Combined we'll shoot like 200. :)

Ouch

post #241 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Nice round!  Did you hit a tree on 17?? ;)

 

Yep. On that hole I try to take it over the left side of those trees and just pushed it.

post #242 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Just borrow mine next time. Combined we'll shoot like 200. :)

 

Don't judge me on my sick round. Normally we'd shoot closer to a 165. :-P

post #243 of 365
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

Don't judge me on my sick round. Normally we'd shoot closer to a 165. :-P


How do you know how I apportioned the strokes? :)

post #244 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 


How do you know how I apportioned the strokes? :)

 

So you were planning on shooting a 105? :)

post #245 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

Don't judge me on my sick round. Normally we'd shoot closer to a 165. :-P

 

Damn you have Erik shooting a 65. Way to go Erik! :beer:

post #246 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

Damn you have Erik shooting a 65. Way to go Erik! :beer:

 

I had him shooting a 70. Ass. :-P

post #247 of 365

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/96835

 

Firs time using Game Golf. Very easy to use on the course. Though the GPS was off a bit in some spots. The course I play has two 18's and it thought I was on the other course's 18th hole (they share a tee box), so I had to go in and manually add the last hole.  Just a unique situation I guess. 

 

Overall, I was very impressed with the device. It wasn't intrusive to wear. For me it was laser the yardage. Pick the club, stand next to the ball and initiate the GPS tracking. Then go into the preshot routine. Really it maybe added 2 seconds onto my shot. Though I forgot a shot here and there as I was walking away from the tee box. So I just quickly bopped over and made sure to tag the shot. 

post #248 of 365
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/96835

 

Firs time using Game Golf. Very easy to use on the course. Though the GPS was off a bit in some spots. The course I play has two 18's and it thought I was on the other course's 18th hole (they share a tee box), so I had to go in and manually add the last hole.  Just a unique situation I guess. 

 

Overall, I was very impressed with the device. It wasn't intrusive to wear. For me it was laser the yardage. Pick the club, stand next to the ball and initiate the GPS tracking. Then go into the preshot routine. Really it maybe added 2 seconds onto my shot. Though I forgot a shot here and there as I was walking away from the tee box. So I just quickly bopped over and made sure to tag the shot. 

 

Just one question: cart path 8-iron on 14?

 

Bonus question: you do know you're allowed to hit YOUR fairway, right? :)

post #249 of 365

I wish I would have had a gamegolf tonight just to tag the 3 great tee shots I had rofl. The rest could have just been ignored though.

post #250 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Just one question: cart path 8-iron on 14?

 

Bonus question: you do know you're allowed to hit YOUR fairway, right? :)

 

Yep, nailed the cart pat. That ball had a BIG scuff mark on it. 

 

I had this issue with a big heel cut. Head was moving back and I was flipping my driver a bit. Got it straightened out a bit on 16 and 17. 

post #251 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Same username.

 

Which doesn't really help because their search is by real-name only, apparently. However you can get there just fine with http://gamegolf.com/players/iacas (as I figured out after some running around getting Eric's real name).

 

The other odd thing is that I don't see any way to discover who a particular user follows.  If you want to encourage discoverability and all the 'social' whatnot this is a bit of a wet blanket.

post #252 of 365

Got my system last night.  Used it for the first time this morning.  It is very, very, easy and simple to use.  Not a pain at all.

 

My morning course is a 36 hole course and they had two of the 9s mixed up though, so I can't sign off on the round at the moment.  I sent them an email for support and hopefully they should be able to correct it pretty easily and quickly so I can post the round.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › TST Investigates GAME Golf