or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Going forward I am starting a shame file. That's me personally.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Going forward I am starting a shame file. That's me personally. - Page 6

post #91 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Dawn View Post
 

That's kinda like how, in the South, we say, "Bless your heart."

Translation: "I'm sorry you're so stupid."


And I thought I was being consoled all this time. :-(

post #92 of 113

Oh yeah, you know what just burns me?!?!  When people replace the words "tip" or "advice" with the work "hack" these days.  Argh, that's annoying!!!

post #93 of 113

Using the term "bandwidth" in place of capacity, ability, manpower, etc.

 

As in..."We as a department couldn't possibly take that on, we don't have the bandwidth!" :mad:

post #94 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPtheKid View Post
 

Using the term "bandwidth" in place of capacity, ability, manpower, etc.

 

As in..."We as a department couldn't possibly take that on, we don't have the bandwidth!" :mad:

Amen.  Stopped my wife (she works in consulting, occasionally says "going forward," "ping," and a few others that are annoying but tolerable) mid sentence to yell at her for this a week or two ago.

 

I basically said "what the **** did you just say?!?!"

post #95 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Oh yeah, you know what just burns me?!?!  When people replace the words "tip" or "advice" with the work "hack" these days.  Argh, that's annoying!!!


But it's better than everything that's called a "weird trick."

 

Or "unpack this" instead of "explain/discuss this."

post #96 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Swede View Post
 

 

Or "unpack this" instead of "explain/discuss this."

Almost as bad as "Let me unpack that for you."

post #97 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Swede View Post
 

Or "unpack this" instead of "explain/discuss this."

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 

Almost as bad as "Let me unpack that for you."

I'm going to thank my lucky stars (and knock on wood) because I haven't heard this one yet. :)

post #98 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Amen.  Stopped my wife (she works in consulting, occasionally says "going forward," "ping," and a few others that are annoying but tolerable) mid sentence to yell at her for this a week or two ago.

I basically said "what the **** did you just say?!?!"

Should've told her to speak to her internet provider. Up that bandwidth.
post #99 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 

Almost as bad as "Let me unpack that for you."

I know right! 

post #100 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I'm going to thank my lucky stars (and knock on wood) because I haven't heard this one yet. :)
If she ever offers to "unpack" something for you, you should offer to push her stool in.
d4_w00t.gif
post #101 of 113

There are also the people who say ironic when they mean coincidental. I don't know if that has been mentioned yet, but it bugs the shit outta me.

post #102 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grndslmhttr3 View Post
 

There are also the people who say ironic when they mean coincidental. I don't know if that has been mentioned yet, but it bugs the shit outta me.

And we all know who's fault that is, right???

 

 

Those darn Canadians!!

post #103 of 113
I hate "socialize". People use to like this: "I like your idea but we need to socialize it". Rarely are the discussions anything but social.


Funny story. Few years ago we had my mother come in for Christmas, so my wife and in-laws played "buzzword bingo" with her because she used to rant and ramble about a number of topics. All 4 days my mother-in-law was saying weird crap to her to try and get her to say some of her phrases. She eventually won because my mother really, really is nutso.
post #104 of 113

I haven't heard "unpack" and "socialize" yet and hope I don't.

post #105 of 113

How about those that use "Yada, yada, yada"

post #106 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post

How about those that use "Yada, yada, yada"

Don't know. Let's proactively dialogue about it to set expectations.
post #107 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post

How about those that use "Yada, yada, yada"
I actually don't mind this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPtheKid View Post

Using the term "bandwidth" in place of capacity, ability, manpower, etc.

As in..."We as a department couldn't possibly take that on, we don't have the bandwidth!" c4_mad.gif
I actually love "bandwidth". Maybe because I think the word is funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grndslmhttr3 View Post

There are also the people who say ironic when they mean coincidental. I don't know if that has been mentioned yet, but it bugs the shit outta me.
Yes! That is just awful.
post #108 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post
 

How about those that use "Yada, yada, yada"

Six of one, half dozen of another.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Going forward I am starting a shame file. That's me personally.