or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 Wyndham Championship Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 Wyndham Championship Discussion Thread - Page 2

post #19 of 46

Looking at potential captain's picks, you have to think the way Snedeker's playing, he is starting to become one of the top choices. His finishes have been very solid of late and he's currently sitting near the top of the leaderboard again this week.

 

I think Snedeker really wants to play for Tom....the two are good friends from what I've heard and Sneds has always said how much he idolizes him. He even said a few years ago that he wore his hair like Watson.

 

Simpson, Bradley, Watney and Mahan are also probably on the short list right now.

post #20 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post

Looking at potential captain's picks, you have to think the way Snedeker's playing, he is starting to become one of the top choices. His finishes have been very solid of late and he's currently sitting near the top of the leaderboard again this week.

I think Snedeker really wants to play for Tom....the two are good friends from what I've heard and Sneds has always said how much he idolizes him. He even said a few years ago that he wore his hair like Watson.

Simpson, Bradley, Watney and Mahan are also probably on the short list right now.
Probably looking at Webb, Sneds and maybe Moore or Mahan. Nick Watney's really been rounding into form. However, too little too late.
post #21 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post

Looking at potential captain's picks, you have to think the way Snedeker's playing, he is starting to become one of the top choices. His finishes have been very solid of late and he's currently sitting near the top of the leaderboard again this week.

I think Snedeker really wants to play for Tom....the two are good friends from what I've heard and Sneds has always said how much he idolizes him. He even said a few years ago that he wore his hair like Watson.
Snedeker and Watson have done MasterCard commercials together. There's one where Watson isn't allowed into the chipping contest and Watson moans "Sneeeedeker!" Seems like they hit it off. I know it's a dumb commercial, but id imagine people bond over several hours of extra media stuff like that. Prob won't hurt Snedeker's chances anyway.
post #22 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post


Snedeker and Watson have done MasterCard commercials together. There's one where Watson isn't allowed into the chipping contest and Watson moans "Sneeeedeker!" Seems like they hit it off. I know it's a dumb commercial, but id imagine people bond over several hours of extra media stuff like that. Prob won't hurt Snedeker's chances anyway.

 

Love that commercial. The way Watson looks at him and says "Sneeedeker" is Priceless.

post #23 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
 

 

Love that commercial. The way Watson looks at him and says "Sneeedeker" is Priceless.

 

 

Ditto. Also like the T.W. MC commercial where T.W. rolls up in the ball cart, while people are hitting balls on the range. Anyone know where they filmed that commercial..?

post #24 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post


Ditto. Also like the T.W. MC commercial where T.W. rolls up in the ball cart, while people are hitting balls on the range. Anyone know where they filmed that commercial..?
Curious where too. I think the blond woman featured in both those commercials is the same person. Sure looks the same to me.

The Tom Watdon, Snedeker, McDowell, Poulter commercial is good too. "What's that guys name?.... Sneeeeeedeker yah that's right"
post #25 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

 

Ditto. Also like the T.W. MC commercial where T.W. rolls up in the ball cart, while people are hitting balls on the range. Anyone know where they filmed that commercial..?

I can't believe that you, of all people, are asking this question ... it's in your backyard!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post

Curious where too.

A little detective work and it wasn't too hard to figure out.  It's obviously on a coast somewhere, so make the assumption that since it's TV, it is very possibly somewhere in Socal.  (Also knowing that the dog barking driving range commercial is at Industry Hills helped with that assumption)  There aren't THAT many courses on the water, so a little bit of scanning on google maps and it was obvious: http://www.trumpnationallosangeles.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=296174&ssid=178142&vnf=1

post #26 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I can't believe that you, of all people, are asking this question ... it's in your backyard!!!

A little detective work and it wasn't too hard to figure out.  It's obviously on a coast somewhere, so make the assumption that since it's TV, it is very possibly somewhere in Socal.  (Also knowing that the dog barking driving range commercial is at Industry Hills helped with that assumption)  There aren't THAT many courses on the water, so a little bit of scanning on google maps and it was obvious: http://www.trumpnationallosangeles.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=296174&ssid=178142&vnf=1
Ladies and Gentlemen: The New Bob Woodward.
post #27 of 46
A Canadian is winning. Shout out to all the Canadians on here.
post #28 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

A Canadian is winning. Shout out to all the Canadians on here.

Yo.

post #29 of 46
Good to see the South Americans Romero & Villegas playing well. Camilo V has struggled for a few years and Romero has fallen off the map since he should have won the British Open quite a few years ago. Johnny Vegas is also firing a nice round as well.
post #30 of 46
Lord, Camilo Villegas is on FIRE. 50 foot bomb and now -5 thru 6
post #31 of 46

My only issue with Nick Watney being a consideration for a Captain's pick is he's too streaky. When he's hot, he's hot. When he's cold, he's as ice cold as they come. And you just don't know how he'll be towards the end of September. A guy like Simpson and Snedeker are more steady and more likely to be in solid form.

post #32 of 46
Sneds, Simpson, Bradley. Boom. Case closed.
post #33 of 46
Joegilvie is retiring to become a full time investment banker. Lol.
post #34 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Sneds, Simpson, Bradley. Boom. Case closed.

 

As of today, yes. But two more weeks...things can change.

post #35 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
 

My only issue with Nick Watney being a consideration for a Captain's pick is he's too streaky. 

 

Which players do not fall into this category?

post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 

Which players do not fall into this category?

 

Which category? Being streaky......or the Nick Watney category? Because there's a difference. When Watney is struggling, he literally drops off the face of the earth.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 Wyndham Championship Discussion Thread