We have recently begun filming for a DVD release of Lowest Score Wins and once complete there will be a large scale marketing campaign begun on Golf Channel and elsewhere. We would really love to hear from those of you who have read the book and begun putting the principles to work.
What we'd like from you, if you'd like to see yourself on Golf Channel in a commercial for LSW, is your best heartfelt short testimonial for LSW. Here are some guidelines for filming the video:
- Don't mention "the book" - just say "Lowest Score Wins" or equivalent (you don't have to say the title - people will know what you're talking about since it's the rest of the commercial - just don't say "this book" or something), because the book will still be available but the commercial is for the DVDs primarily.
- Make as many clips as you want saying as many things as you want, but keep them to three to ten seconds or so in length (the actual speaking part - we can trim out extra).
- Video and audio quality matter, so better is better. Please try to eliminate wind noise, etc.
- Location matters. Ideally, at the course is best. Videos of some guy on a couch probably won't make the cut. :D
- Try to say as many different things as you want. If nine videos all say the same thing, we can't use all nine. You never know what will sound best.
- Be creative.
- Many of the reviews that you've already written have been pretty great, and said things quite well, so read your review (and some others) and consider repeating a sentence or two from them.
- Be overly enthusiastic. Emotions come across as surprisingly flat on TV. We've filmed an example video below. You've seen the "Holy Moses!" and "That's the most innovative approach to golf instruction that I've EVER heard of!" clips.
We may not have covered everything above, but feel free to ask questions and we'll answer them.
Video is uploading (very slowly):
Example Video (Click to show)
Anyone whose video clip is used will be a famous TV star, will have casting agents calling you non-stop, and will receive a small cool prize and thanks from myself and @iacas.