or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Speed of service in internet golf equipment stores
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Speed of service in internet golf equipment stores

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

How have You been treated in the internet stores? I bought some Aldila shafts from one of US Yahoo-based stores a week ago and they charged me immediately. After that, no messages of sent order or others.

post #2 of 10

I have had real good experiences with online stores. All of them shipped my goods as soon as they received  my paypal $$$. If I had any ??'s they were answered quickly. Some of the golf online stores I deal with are. Global Golf, also a sponsor here on TST, 3ballsgolf and robsgolfshop_nc. Any online shopping I do is always with top rated stores. 

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

I have shopped in 3balls earlier, it worked nicely without any delays. The store I used last week has been a bit slower now.

post #4 of 10
Ordered a driver for Hurricane Golf, and that went well. Great price too. Does that count?
post #5 of 10

     Buying from TGW for around 14+ years now. Never any problems. Shipping time is normal, never a problem, and they let you know of any backorders and status. Returns are very simple. Only not so good thing, and it's no their fault, is any discounts are not applied to most brand names. Still, spending big $$$ on other great brands, then getting 15%, or at times 20% off, can't be beat. Used to have free shipping on a certain amount, no more. Still $7 of $8 isn't bad. I will always buy from them.

post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatlord View Post
 

I have shopped in 3balls earlier, it worked nicely without any delays. The store I used last week has been a bit slower now.

I've dealt with a lot of internet stores and the speed of service can be attributed to what they actually stock in their warehouse versus having to place an order with their supplier.  The problem is some are more transparent than others about where the order will be fulfilled from.

 

I'd guess that the site you ordered from charged you account immediately because they had to place an order with their supplier and now you're waiting for the supplier to ship.  Hope it all works out.

post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohaed View Post

     Buying from TGW for around 14+ years now. Never any problems. Shipping time is normal, never a problem, and they let you know of any backorders and status. Returns are very simple. Only not so good thing, and it's no their fault, is any discounts are not applied to most brand names. Still, spending big $$$ on other great brands, then getting 15%, or at times 20% off, can't be beat. Used to have free shipping on a certain amount, no more. Still $7 of $8 isn't bad. I will always buy from them.


I just tried ordering from them. A couple days later I get notification that customer service canceled the order. I asked them why, and they said my card authorization didn't go through (could have been a typo). Would have been nice if they called or emailed to fix it, but oh well.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer7770 View Post

I just tried ordering from them. A couple days later I get notification that customer service canceled the order. I asked them why, and they said my card authorization didn't go through (could have been a typo). Would have been nice if they called or emailed to fix it, but oh well.

You could just order again. The email served the same purpose as calling you. No?
post #9 of 10
I know I could. The original email just said it was canceled. I had to email them to ask why. Not a huge deal, but I figured they ask for contact info for a reason. a2_wink.gif

I will say I've had good experiences with tgw prior to this.
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 

I made the order August 17th and now it seems to be arriving soon. Let´s see.

 

I do not like a company which values "honesty" in their web page and customer service says "we have shipped it yesterday" and I get a "shipped today" -notification 6 days later.


Edited by goatlord - 9/7/14 at 12:03pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Speed of service in internet golf equipment stores