or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › What is this club?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is this club?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I have searched every kind of search you can imagine and I still can't find anything on this club. I have looked for the past few days for any information on this and I have still come up empty.

The words on the club say Yamaha 4. H-204. 829606. Pure or sure sight. Hybrid Super.






Anyone heard of this/know anything about it?
post #2 of 9

Just a run-of-the-mill old Yamaha 4-wood. Probably not worth more than a few bucks.

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Just a run-of-the-mill old Yamaha 4-wood. Probably not worth more than a few bucks.

I'm assuming it is worth max $10. Is it weird not being able to find information on old clubs or is this a normal thing?

 

I found two very close versions of this. Is this maybe a prototype of those? Maybe a customized version?

 

Yamaha Secret X-101 Patent Pending 7 Fairway Wood F436 

and Yamaha X300 Compression Carbon Composite Driver. Those look very similar this.
post #4 of 9

Problem is, craigslist is Full of clubs like those, maybe not the exact club, but there's 1000's for sale, and they have been for sale, in 99% of the ad's for about a year. Then again, who knows, you may get lucky and find someone who's looking for just that club.

post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

Problem is, craigslist is Full of clubs like those, maybe not the exact club, but there's 1000's for sale, and they have been for sale, in 99% of the ad's for about a year. Then again, who knows, you may get lucky and find someone who's looking for just that club.

I'm not looking to sell it. I'm looking for any information at all about the club.

 

I haven't even been able to even find a picture of this club.

post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
 

I'm assuming it is worth max $10. Is it weird not being able to find information on old clubs or is this a normal thing?

 

I found two very close versions of this. Is this maybe a prototype of those? Maybe a customized version?

 

Yamaha Secret X-101 Patent Pending 7 Fairway Wood F436 

and Yamaha X300 Compression Carbon Composite Driver. Those look very similar this.

It happens, probably a very limited production run. I have a set of Wilson Sabres that I have run searches on multiple times over the years and have never found anything other than my own postings. They're not worth squat but I thought I could at least find the lofts but...nada. 

post #7 of 9
It's an extraordinarily rare club. Only made one of it. Back in July of 1986 deep in the jungle of Belize. The club was soon shipped off to Uzbekistan. It has since made it's way to you. Thousands of people would strive for it....I'll give you six bucks for it.
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

It happens, probably a very limited production run. I have a set of Wilson Sabres that I have run searches on multiple times over the years and have never found anything other than my own postings. They're not worth squat but I thought I could at least find the lofts but...nada. 
Phew this is a normal thing. This was driving me a bit nutty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

It's an extraordinarily rare club. Only made one of it. Back in July of 1986 deep in the jungle of Belize. The club was soon shipped off to Uzbekistan. It has since made it's way to you. Thousands of people would strive for it....I'll give you six bucks for it.

I never thought I could sucker someone in enough to be able to sell it for 6 times for what I bought it for.
post #9 of 9

I had seen older Yahama FWs (actually with wooden heads), but the Sure Sight is a new one on me. I didn't know Yamaha golf survived long enough to get into hybrids.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › What is this club?