or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My swing (bulletbone)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My swing (bulletbone)

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

 

I've been Playing Golf for:​ 2 years

My current handicap index or average score is:84-87

My typical ball flight is:High Draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Lately have been hitting a fade/push fade

 

Sorry guys for the crappy angle.I just joined and just shot one quick swing at the range to see if I could post it here. I plann on taking some better videos tomorrow on the range so you can have a better look. But anyway if there is anything you can see from this video please let me know. Like I said I know its bad and you cant even see the club, but if there is anything that really sticks out let me know. This club was an approach/gap wedge.


 

Videos:

post #2 of 14
Thread Starter 

 

 

Some shots in the garage.

post #3 of 14

Hi welcome to the site. Nice looking swing for a 14 handicap! One thing that stands out to me is that things get a little narrow and the hips move to your right on the backswing. The hips move forward on the downswing, which is good, but the timing of the movement needs to be more simple.

 

 

I recommend turning both feet out and allowing the knees to rotate outwards, rather than be "pinched" inward. This will help the knee work which will help the hips turn rather than slide.

post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 

Alright sounds good. I will def give that a try  tomorrow ill be on the range some so we will see how it goes. Yea I do tend to sway back some on the back swing. I can't remember where I read it but I read that you want to turn the hips almost as if you were in a barrel. I don't know how true that is but every time I try and do it I tend to hit the ball fat. In all honesty I have no idea when I watch a video of myself what I'm really looking at lol. That's why I have come here :) . I already have gotten great advice!

post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletbone View Post
 

I can't remember where I read it but I read that you want to turn the hips almost as if you were in a barrel.

 

On the backswing, yes, on the downswing the weight transfers forward so the hips will slide 4-6" forward

post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 

just got back from the range. Man, I must say I don't know if the stars were aligned or what. I tried aiming my feet out more so I don't get pinched like you mentioned. Nothing but baby draws. I started to hit some pushes and fades toward the end but that's because I get tired and my swing breaks down and I don't concentrate enough to tell myself what to do. The 100 degree weather will wear on ya when your just whacking some balls on the range. I'm going to put a video of me hitting about 3 or 4 shots with a 7 iron when I get a chance . I think in the video I might slide back just a hair in the back swing still but I flushed all the shots in the video.

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 

 

 

Here is the video of today. One of the best range sessions I've had in awhile.

post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletbone View Post
 

just got back from the range. Man, I must say I don't know if the stars were aligned or what. I tried aiming my feet out more so I don't get pinched like you mentioned. Nothing but baby draws. I started to hit some pushes and fades toward the end but that's because I get tired and my swing breaks down and I don't concentrate enough to tell myself what to do. The 100 degree weather will wear on ya when your just whacking some balls on the range. I'm going to put a video of me hitting about 3 or 4 shots with a 7 iron when I get a chance . I think in the video I might slide back just a hair in the back swing still but I flushed all the shots in the video.

 

First off, tell the guy behind you about turning the feet out ;-)

 

Good to hear things went well, keep working on the feet/knees and making sure the hips aren't moving to the right. When those pushes and fades start rearing their heads, feel like your arms are "stretched" out past the ball. Zach Johnson is a good visual.

 

post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 

I will def keep working on it. Is it normal to feel like my weight does not transfer to my back leg when I try to keep my hips from sliding on the back swing? Today on the range I felt great pointing my feet out just a smudge, but when I really concentrated on keep my hips from sliding back I had a hard time shifting my weight to my back leg. It could be because I'm used to sliding my weight back there instead of turning like im suppose to. I'll hit the course tomorrow so we will see how it goes. Thanks for the help!!

post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletbone View Post
 

I will def keep working on it. Is it normal to feel like my weight does not transfer to my back leg when I try to keep my hips from sliding on the back swing? Today on the range I felt great pointing my feet out just a smudge, but when I really concentrated on keep my hips from sliding back I had a hard time shifting my weight to my back leg. It could be because I'm used to sliding my weight back there instead of turning like im suppose to. I'll hit the course tomorrow so we will see how it goes. Thanks for the help!!

 

Yes it can and it's important to note that it's just a feel. With the hips staying centered the pressure will increase under the right foot but because the left leg may be taking on more bend, you'll "feel" like the weight stays close to 50/50.

 

For more details you can check out this thread.

 

 How to Make a Centered Hip Turn 

post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 

That's exactly what I noticed today. When I would start my back swing my front leg had more bend than usual and that's why it felt so hard to shift my weight back. That's a good thing though that means I'm headed in the right direction. It's amazing what really is going on with a swing and what you "feel".

post #12 of 14
Thread Starter 

 

Went to the range today. Hit some good shots and hit a few bad. I tend to hit 3 or 4 good baby draws right on target then I hit a push fade about 25 yds off line. I'm still fighting the push fade and keeping my hips from swaying back on the back swing. But overall I'm making good contact even if its offline. Submitted some vids to Evolvr so I'm waiting on that, really excited to start getting to work :). 

post #13 of 14

It is looking a bit better.  But your hips still move back an inch or two during the back swing.  Try this: Repeat your swing from A1 setup to A5 (left arm parallel to the ground on the downswing) in a slow motion in front of a mirror.  By slow I mean literally 10-20% speed.  Focus on the Centered Pivot.  It should almost feel like your left hip, spine, etc is moving forward at the top.  But feel isn't real.  It will really just be centered.  Then finish the swing from A5 to finish at a higher speed.

 

You can video this drill too and see how your hips stay centered.

post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 

I have been working on my hips not swaying. Played my first round in a week. shot 45 on the front and 39 on the back for an 84. I could have broke 80 for the first time if it wasn't for my driver. Irons and wedges were just deadly all day but driver was being sprayed everywhere.  For the life of me I cannot understand how I have always hit irons so well and the driver terrible. I will say that I have been hitting nothing but irons lately to really try and go flag hunting when possible, so maybe I have neglected the driver . Thanks for the help guys, my ball striking (excluding driver) has improved a ton lately. I guess my next step is to put some videos of the driver swing and see if we can't get that sorted out :).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My swing (bulletbone)