or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it? - Page 4

post #55 of 305

She cheated, so she's a cheater. I don't have a need to go any further, but I hope the LPGA will take action.

post #56 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Sure she's a cheater, no way to argue against that, nor would I. I find it very unfortunate to see members here resort to name calling. It's not surprising coming from some though. It's still sad though, that even intelligent people can be so vehement and vicious.

 

 

It's no more or less "name calling" than using the term cheater.  They're both nouns and defined very similarly. 

 

 

From Merriam Webster:

 

scum·bag

noun \ˈskəm-ˌbag also -ˌbāg\

 

: a dishonest, unkind, or unpleasant person

 

 

1cheat

verb \ˈchēt\

 
:  to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test>
 

2cheat

noun

 

: a person who cheats

 

 

:smartass:

post #57 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

Sure she's a cheater, no way to argue against that, nor would I. I find it very unfortunate to see members here resort to name calling. It's not surprising coming from some though. It's still sad though, that even intelligent people can be so vehement and vicious.
Pumpkin eater?
post #58 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

There's a difference between calling them out as a cheater and calling them scumbag or whatever. I will never agree with the way some people have acted in this thread when it comes to the name calling. She's a professional athlete who was caught cheating and everyone knows it. Being known as a cheater in professional sports is more than enough of a stigma, and by default indicates that they were trying to "steal money from her peers" as you put it.

So you consider a guy that steals a car from a stranger the same as you would someone who steals a car from a friend or family member?  The reason some have labeled her worse than a cheater is because she did it to co-workers / peers / friends and rather than accepting the penalty as a professional should, she quit.

 

She's worse than a cheater in my book maybe @Ernest Jones is right, a cheater, cheater pumpkin eater is more politically correct.

post #59 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

 

It's no more or less "name calling" than using the term cheater.  They're both nouns and defined very similarly. 

 

 

From Merriam Webster:

 

scum·bag

noun \ˈskəm-ˌbag also -ˌbāg\

 

: a dishonest, unkind, or unpleasant person

 

 

1cheat

verb \ˈchēt\

 
:  to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test>
 

2cheat

noun

 

: a person who cheats

 

 

:smartass:

Posting definitions of words doesn't make any difference to me. She cheated = cheater simple. There is no need to expand upon that and call her multiple other names for no other reason than to be disparaging.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

So you consider a guy that steals a car from a stranger the same as you would someone who steals a car from a friend or family member?  The reason some have labeled her worse than a cheater is because she did it to co-workers / peers / friends and rather than accepting the penalty as a professional should, she quit.

 

She's worse than a cheater in my book maybe @Ernest Jones is right, a cheater, cheater pumpkin eater is more politically correct.

 

This argument makes no sense to me. She cheated but somehow is worse than a cheater. I consider a thief a thief regardless of who they steal from. And I can speak from experience on that because I have had a family member steal from me and a non family member steal from me. I look at both the same.

post #60 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Posting definitions of words doesn't make any difference to me. She cheated = cheater simple. There is no need to expand upon that and call her multiple other names for no other reason than to be disparaging.

 

I simply agree that, especially in professional sports, cheater = thief = scumbag.

 

I don't consider one to be any more disparaging than the other.  I actually struggle to understand that anyone would.

post #61 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

I simply agree that, especially in professional sports, cheater = thief = scumbag.

 

I don't consider one to be any more disparaging than the other.  I actually struggle to understand that anyone would.

Yes, but despite being near synonyms people think scumbag is worse and harsher sounding, thus the protests.

post #62 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

Posting definitions of words doesn't make any difference to me. She cheated = cheater simple. There is no need to expand upon that and call her multiple other names for no other reason than to be disparaging.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

I simply agree that, especially in professional sports, cheater = thief = scumbag.

 

I don't consider one to be any more disparaging than the other.  I actually struggle to understand that anyone would.

 

I disagree that those are all synonymous. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours. 

post #63 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

Yes, but despite being near synonyms people think scumbag is worse and harsher sounding, thus the protests.

 

Huh, really?  Interesting.

 

I'd rather be called a scumbag than a thief.  But I guess that might be just me. 

 

 

Alright, we're getting pretty far OT here.  I'm done.

post #64 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Huh, really?  Interesting.

I'd rather be called a scumbag than a thief.  But I guess that might be just me. 


Alright, we're getting pretty far OT here.  I'm done.
Just don't call me late for dinner.
a3_biggrin.gif
post #65 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

 

 

I disagree that those are all synonymous. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours. 

 

 

I agree...not every cheater is a thief.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

Huh, really?  Interesting.

 

I'd rather be called a scumbag than a thief.  But I guess that might be just me. 

 

I also agree. Either way...way OT...back to the subject matter on how Choi is a cheating piece of crap. :-P

post #66 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post

In the professional golf world, being labeled a cheater is more than sufficient disparagement. This will make her a pariah. Hell, low-life scumbags would have a better chance of playing the tour over a cheater. 
Colin Montgomerie and Big Vijay have had no problem. a1_smile.gif
post #67 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post


Colin Montgomerie and Big Vijay have had no problem. a1_smile.gif

 

'Big Vijay' certainly did have problems with that label. Once it's on you, it's on you. 

post #68 of 305

What surprises me just as much is her thinking that no one would notice.  There are cameras everywhere, fans and other competitors watching.  It is like a guy who robs a bank without a mask.  

post #69 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

What surprises me just as much is her thinking that no one would notice.  There are cameras everywhere, fans and other competitors watching.  It is like a guy who robs a bank without a mask.  
But a lot of bank robbers don't wear masks! Haha b2_tongue.gif. She's not even as smart as them!
post #70 of 305

So do we know how long exactly the putt was? I know the camera's depth perception doesn't always do this justice. Just wondering. 

post #71 of 305
Looked to be 12"-18" to me. Actually looked like 6" but due to camera angle I suspect closer to a foot or so. Of course as we all know, a one footer on the LPGA is roughly equivalent to a 5 footer on the PGA. Those girls suck at putting.
post #72 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Looked to be 12"-18" to me. Actually looked like 6" but due to camera angle I suspect closer to a foot or so. Of course as we all know, a one footer on the LPGA is roughly equivalent to a 5 footer on the PGA. Those girls suck at putting.
d4_w00t.gif

*i have nothing to back that up, but I don't care. b2_tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it?