Jump to content

Gatlinburg Getaway

CarlSpackler

319 views

I played in a quota game with @mcanadiens and Kittyhawk Men's Association Thursday 7/4, and did not make my quota by a long shot. I did get my second birdie of the year though. I had WAY too many blow up holes.

2679637_yYa2xwHO.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

My wife and I took a long weekend in Gatlinburg, TN. Here are a few highlight photos from the trip. I did not take my clubs, but I would love to take another trip down there with them and play some of their courses.

IMG_6995.JPG

IMG_6997.JPG

IMG_6998.JPG

Unfortunately, it was not such a nice trip home due to a road closure on I-75N.

IMG_6999.PNG



10 Comments


Recommended Comments

I suppose watching me hack around for 18 holes would put anybody off their game. Maybe you'll subject yourself to another Quota game at some point.

FYI, I got a robust $16.25. Of course, most of that was based on my prior failures in said quota game.

Share this comment


Link to comment
10 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I suppose watching me hack around for 18 holes would put anybody off their game. Maybe you'll subject yourself to another Quota game at some point.

FYI, I got a robust $16.25. Of course, most of that was based on my prior failures in said quota game.

Yes. I noticed that Duck used the term Sandbagger to describe you. 🤣

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

Yes. I noticed that Duck used the term Sandbagger to describe you. 🤣

Heard that to. Funny guy.

If I was going to sandbag, that crappy quota game wouldn't be where I decide to let my true light shine.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

Heard that to. Funny guy.

If I was going to sandbag, that crappy quota game wouldn't be where I decide to let my true light shine.

 

At least you made more than you put in. I did nothing more than make a donation to the sandbagger fund.

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

At least you made more than you put in. I did nothing more than make a donation to the sandbagger fund.

Yeah on that particular day I netted positive.. 

For the year, I'm still down something like $23.

 

Edited by mcanadiens

Share this comment


Link to comment
7 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Yeah on that particular day I netted positive.. 

For the year, I'm still down something like $23.

 

It’s because I was there, so I should get 50%. 😎

Share this comment


Link to comment
14 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

It’s because I was there, so I should get 50%. 😎

Because you weren't there the other three times, I'd say you owe me 1/2 the $23.

I think we'll call it even.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Because you weren't there the other three times, I'd say you owe me 1/2 the $23.

I think we'll call it even.

Clearly, you lost money while I was not there and won when I was, so I deserve part of the money for helping. 😉

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Clearly, you lost money while I was not there and won when I was, so I deserve part of the money for helping. 😉

Should have been there the other three times.

Ok. I'll get you a hot dog next time we're out there.

Share this comment


Link to comment

I have played 2 courses in Gatlinburg, Bent Creek and Gatlinburg Golf Course (actually in Pigeon Forge). GBGC was 18 years ago, so I don't recall much about it. Bent Creek was last year. When we go to GB we usually stay in Brandywine Condos, an old complex that is on the 15th fairway of Bent Creek, but is not part of the resort. My son and I have played it maybe 3 times. Due to the steep hills, there are several quirky holes with blind shots and 90 degree doglegs with iron tee shots. The course was in OK condition. Lots of gnats. IIRC GBGC was similar but maybe nicer, but it was so long ago it is hard to remember. I wouldn't go to GB to golf, but if I happen to vacation in GB, I would play golf there.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...