IGNORED

Must Have for a Round of Golf?

Bucki1968
Note: This thread is 1839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Piz said:

lug them around

how many tees do you use!?

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll skip the golf gadgets and items since everyone got tees, tools and balls.

My most important item is the water bottle. If it's cold I got some warm clothing ready. I might bring some fruit and a sandwich if I don't plan on buying anything during the round. My phone is always with me.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Just now, krupa said:

how many tees do you use!?

18 per round.  I have to fill the jar, around half way, every couple months or so.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

2 hours ago, cartertheraptor said:

Golf bag and clubs

LOL - I had a buddy who once showed up at the course with out his stick or his shoes. He had played the day before & it had rained, so he took them out of his SUV and put them in the spare bedroom to dry.
Forgot all about it the next morning when he drove out to the course, it was hilarious to see his face when he popped the hatch on it. I'm not sure if he was more pissed about forgetting his shit, or because we were laughing our asses off.

I'll take a water & and tea, hat, sunscreen - this thread reminds me I need to clean out my bag, and all the crap I accumulate over the course of a season.

Players play, tough players win!

• iacas changed the title to Must Have for a Round of Golf?

I like to always keep beef jerky in my golf bag, since it's a good snack to munch on while you play if it's been a while since you last ate.

Most importantly is water though. I drink a boatload of it, usually 4-6 liters per day even when I'm not out golfing. When I am on the course I carry my 1L bottle and usually fill it no less than 3 times and up to 6 times in a single round, depending on the conditions.

I dunno if it's a must have, but usually have a cup of coffee before playing.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Bag, clubs, and all of the stuff in the bag.  My Walmart copy of a Yeti cup, refilled regularly.  That's about it.  I don't have any interesting superstitions, so nothing odd in my gear.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Aside from the various brands of balls, tees, glove, and snacks I use (which can change by the month or season), about the only thing specific thing I'd miss would be my Lexi-proof ball marker:

• Thumbs Up 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

•    Gatorade/Water
•    Frogg Togg towel if hot out
•    Club towel wet on one end
•    Game Golf
•    Rangefinder
•    Two tees and coin/ball marker in right pocket
•    Snack or Protein Shake

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

I agree with water bottle. I use a YETI thermos, half-filled with ice, and I replenish it along the way with water as needed. On those hot summer days, I can easily drink a gallon, walking.

One thing I don't always bring to the golf course is ... ta-da... my game. :-P

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

I try to always bring my “ A” swing but I forget it way to often.

• Like 1

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

I carry a silver hip flask filled with scotch.  I take a celebratory nip after a birdie or eagle.  I picked the flask up in Scotland during a golf vacation in 2000.  The flask was on sale in the clubhouse of one of the courses and engraved to commemorate their 500 year anniversary.  A cool and unusual item I keep tucked away in the valuables pocket on my bag.

• Thumbs Up 1

WITB:  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png M5 10.5 degree with GraphiteDesign Tour AD IZ shaft,  M2 3-Wood, 3-hybrid and 5-hybrid,  P790 6I-PW, 52 and 58 degree Vokey wedges  and 64 degree 088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png Hi-Toe wedge and Tour Spider putter.  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png TP5X or Callaway Chrome Soft X balls.  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align grips.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:42 AM, mcanadiens said:

Out of the stuff I'm willing to admit to packing ...

- Spare lighter. Yes I smoke like a chimney when i golf, so there is an extra Bic in the golf bag.

I always make a mental note of my lighter color when i go out, as well as keeping a spare in the bag.  My playing partner is notorious for stealing mine, usually by hole number five I've already asked twice if he has mine.

• Like 1

Corey

Ricola cough drops. They keep me focused and calm. I do the same for when I am skiing. Not exactly sure how it started but it became a habit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!