IGNORED

What's The Longest Par 3 You've Played?

Pretzel
Note: This thread is 1837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

International Golf Club in Bolton, Mass. Course is 8325 from Tiger Tees. Played the signature hole 16th par 3 275 yards. Made par. Only played those tees once. The Tiger tees were named before Tiger. Played this course from those tees in 1988.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, FLOG4 said:

So you've played it?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

I was going to post my own longest, but I don't see why bother now.

Dayum!

I don't think he played it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

So you've played it?

No Have never been to South Africa....A bud actually sent this to me a few days ago. Thought I'd share. 

Longest one ive played was on a military golf course in central new jersey. I cant remember the name of the place but i remember that hole. 247 to the middle. 250 to the flag on that particular day. Kind of a smallish green, too. It was straight-away and flat, but it was still 250 yards. 😬

Just 230. Water front, water left, bunker on the right and sloping away from the green on the back and on the right. The only good miss its in the bunker on the rigth. Everywhere else it´s a lucky bogey, or worst. 

Played it in a 72 holes tournament, 2 pars and 2 bogeys, really happy with that. Hitted 4 iron and hybrid. 

One of the par 3s on the Monster course in the NY Catskills.   233 yards.  Uphill with a huge bunker in front of the green. The entire course is supposed to be "monster" length.

• Like 1

—Adam

There were 2 nearby by home town.

1.  240-something.  In Florida, sea level, level hole.  It could get dicey into a headwind of any strength, because it was bunkered as if folks were hitting 7 irons into it.   It was not a well-designed hole, it was a gimmick.  

2. 240-something - well designed, slightly downhill (by a matter of yards) buthad water front left.  Bunkers long.  Room right.  Fun hole and it was easily hit with a fluffy 4-wood.

5th at Powfoot @258 yards. Weirdly it's a par 4 off the back tees @ 280ish. Stroke index 17.......

Stevie T

7 hours ago, FLOG4 said:

International Golf Club in Bolton, Mass. Course is 8325 from Tiger Tees.

Been a few years since I played there, but if my memory is correct I think one or two of Tiger Tees forced you to play across the main driveway.  Fun course that I'd love to play again.

Longest par 3 for me was the 8th at Tower Ridge in Farmington, CT.  245-ish but with a very elevated tee and a lot of helping-slope around the green to funnel shots in the right direction.

• Like 1

- Bill

3 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

One of the par 3s on the Monster course in the NY Catskills.   233 yards.  Uphill with a huge bunker in front of the green. The entire course is supposed to be "monster" length.

Use to play a "This course is too long" tournament at the Monster....Pro would set the pins on back of greens...and they are big greens....By the way. Monster is opening this summer with 9 holes and 18 by next spring. 

1 hour ago, Let it Fly said:

Been a few years since I played there, but if my memory is correct I think one or two of Tiger Tees forced you to play across the main driveway.  Fun course that I'd love to play again.

Longest par 3 for me was the 8th at Tower Ridge in Farmington, CT.  245-ish but with a very elevated tee and a lot of helping-slope around the green to funnel shots in the right direction.

Back when I played IGC at 8325 it played to par 77. The yardage is the same today but is par 72. I played there quite a bit. Bought a charity deal two years ago...I was only bidder. $1000 for round on each course and overnight with dinner...for 4some. The Oaks course is public and is actually a better course. 

None of the Tigers were behind roads. On the 9th hole I use to ask guys I was with...Where is the Tiger tee?...It was up on the hill near 8 tee.You had to hit over the tree line...Well 30 years ago...No big deal. But it got to point where you had to elevate your tee ball quick...

Tower Ridge....Yes, Big side hill left to right.....But as hat course has struggled for some time, they don't cut that hill.So a lie over there can be ridiculously hard shot....if you find it. 

It was a 235 yards hole for me, played only once (at Tilden Park in the hills above Berkeley, CA).  I hit my driver and was happy to be almost hole high on the right side, but missed the chip and 2 putted for bogey.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Sand Canyon near LA , Dessert course #5 is 248 from the tips and it plays uphill. I played from the blues when I was living in the area, but my friends and I played the blacks for that hole only a few times (for giggles). It can play into the wind too.  I do recall hitting a decent drive there once (I was shorter back then), and still was like 30 yards short of the green.

I actually just checked the website to get the hole yardage. But when I played it, the course was called "Robinson Ranch", and I swear it was even longer. If any LA locals have old knowledge, feel free to correct.

Edited by bones75

On 4/4/2019 at 8:21 AM, Foot Wedge said:

Not quite as long but I know what you mean.  I played a 210 yard par 3 on a course that has a 230 yard par 4...

A couple holes before is actually a par 4 that is listed at 275 but plays way downhill. I've had a round where I hit the green on that par 4 off the tee but missed it on the par 3. (To my memory the par 3 doesn't play downhill much if at all, and the green is actually slightly elevated relative to the "fairway.")

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Longest for me was ~20 years or so ago in a charity scramble I played in somewhere on the Gulf Coast (can't remember if it was in AL or FL).  It was ~255y par 3 from the tees we played--which weren't the tips (it was an older resort type course that probably tipped out under 7000y).  It was a flat hole with a little sand around the green, but pretty open with a generous run-up area.  I had to hit driver.  Actually drove it onto the front third.  Seems like we still had a ~40' putt...can't remember if we made the putt or parred it.

There are several holes on courses I play in AL that are in the 225y range from my tees.  Normally, that's too much par 3 for me, but most of these are severely down hill--one plays to an adjusted ~170y!.

The longest at my home club from my tees normally plays between 175y and 200y (marked at 186 to center).  It's uphill and falls sharply off in front, left, and back, with a tough green, and a deep front bunker.  That hole lives rent-free in my head.  I've birdied it a couple of times (and smacked the flagstick last year for a near ace...that rolled 50y back down the hill, lol), but even when I par it, I give myself some mental high-fives.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 1837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!