cartertheraptor

What Brand Do You Play? (Irons, Wedges, Putter)

What brand do you play? (Irons,Wedges,Putter  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Irons

• Titleist
    • Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Other

64 posts / 6546 viewsLast Reply

I bought a set of used Square Two irons at Hilton Head a long time ago.  Since then I have been replacing them, one-by-one, with mostly stuff from lost and found, or demos, since I work at a golf course.  I take clubs to the range and hit them, then take them out a couple rounds, before I replace one in my bag.

So, when someone asks if I hit a particular brand, say Titelist, or Callaway, or Cleveland, or Nike, or Square Two . . . I normally answer yes.

Edited by Cartboy
the regular

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Taylormade driver and 3 wood. Ping hybrid, Callaway irons, Cleveland and Titleist wedges and Cleveland putter

Irons: 1986-88 Hogan Red Lines, Apex shafts.

Wedges: 54* & 58* Bettinardi H2 303 SS with KBS Hi Rev 125 shafts.

Putter: Mickey Parker Zen ZZ2 - RDE aluminum bronze laguna style

My bag is mostly components. clubs I built.

Driver: Integra w/Aldila NVS shaft

Hybrids and Irons: Dynacraft w/Aldila and Dynamic Gold shafts

Putter: Tad Moore (At least for now. I collect these things but none of them work right.)

Edited by commishbob

4 hours ago, commishbob said:

My bag is mostly components. clubs I built.

Driver: Integra w/Aldila NVS shaft

Hybrids and Irons: Dynacraft w/Aldila and Dynamic Gold shafts

Putter: Tad Moore (At least for now. I collect these things but none of them work right.)

I also have a few Tad Moore putters. I have talked with Tad several times and think he is very cool and down to earth.

Which TM models do you have?

3 hours ago, GAA said:

I also have a few Tad Moore putters. I have talked with Tad several times and think he is very cool and down to earth.

Which TM models do you have?

My every day is a Peach Putter, It's a flow neck and I think it's officially a P2 but I could be wrong. It was a gift from the widow of a friend who had passed away. I'd used it a few times and liked it. I really didn't know much about TM and his work until I came across that putter in my friend's bag. 

I also have one just like it without the Peach insignia, just his name near the heel. And a TM/Maxfli TM-8. I bought them all used. One of these days I'm going to call and get one made. 

I guess my 'I collect these things.' comment was misleading. LOL I meant putters in general. I've managed to rid myself of most of the clubs I'd accumulated over the years but I can't bear to discard a putter. I have two old golf bags full of them. My wife claims they breed in my workshop. 😯

Edited by commishbob

Surely, it doesn't matter what manufacturer's name is stamped on the club head (most are forged or cast in the same Chinese or Japanese foundries anyway), but rather that they are fitted for the individual. Read Tom Wishon's book "The New Search For The Perfect Golf Club" and you will see what is required ---- and it is NOT the name on the club

Pinhawk Single Length Irons - 5-GAP

Wishon Sterling 5 Hybrid bent down to 22deg

Cobra F8 19deg One Length Hybrid

Nike Engage Square Wedge 56deg

Either 90s Wilson Staff Deep Red putter or Nike Method Mallet putter (prefer the Wilson mostly)

Bridgestone J40 3 & 5 woods

Cleveland Classic XL 9deg driver (if it's behaving itself)

And the greatest club ever made.........Wilson Harmonized Chipper