IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Wow, looks great! This is a neat feature.

Actually I was just making stuff up at random dates.

You can add markers for whatever you want: new equipment, injury, lessons, changes in weather, whatever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, I see.

Pretty cool. Anxious for CP to release it.
In the bag:
Driver: `09 Launcher (10.5º) w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff
3 Wood: `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff shaft
3 Hybrid (20.5º): `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff Shaft
4-PW: CG7 Tour w/ TT Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts50º (8º Bnce), 56º (14º Bnce), 60º (8º Bnce):

Anxious for CP to release it.

+1. Just started using Scorecard via the 5 round trial, will buy 2.0 upon release. During HS golf season, I don't play many non-school associated matches(we practice on the course 4-5 times a week), and HS golf near us means 9 holes, so I plan to buy 2.0 when it is released.

• Administrator
Several Pieces of Great News Everyone

One: Beta testing begins very soon.

Two: Upgrades will be $14.95 for all 1.x customers...

Three: ... who bought prior to 2009. Anyone who bought (or buys)
Scorecard 1.x in 2009 will receive a free upgrade to 2.0.
We'll email
everyone who is eligible when 2.0's released.

Yes, that makes my previous offer irrelevant.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have a stat tracking question regarding U&D; and putts.

I've read before where you've stated that a putt from the fringe is not a putt. So with that in mind, say I hit a 100yd approach and it ends up on the collar next to the first cut (ball on the fringe, almost in the longer grass). If I choose to putt, end up at 3 feet and then hole it out have I gotten U&D; with a 3ft 1 putt? Thanks for any clarification.
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

I would think it depends... What was your score on the hole? If it took you 4 strokes to get to the fringe and then you putt to 3 feet and hole that for a double bogey I would not consider that an up and down. Also for stat tracking, in your scenario you would hot have reached the green in regulation. Now if you were on the fringe in two and par'd the hole I would say yes, you have yourself an up and down. Still no GIR though...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

I would think it depends... What was your score on the hole? If it took you 4 strokes to get to the fringe and then you putt to 3 feet and hole that for a double bogey I would not consider that an up and down. Also for stat tracking, in your scenario you would hot have reached the green in regulation. Now if you were on the fringe in two and par'd the hole I would say yes, you have yourself an up and down. Still no GIR though...

I don't think this is correct, the Up and Down stat is autonomous from the total score on the hole, it doesn't "depend". From my understanding it doesn't matter if you're trying to get up and down for birdie, par, bogey, or bogey+ you are still trying to get up on the green and into the hole in 1+1 strokes...

I could of course be totally wrong... BTW GIR is totally separate from the context of this question, I have no confusion regarding GIR and don't understand how that entered the equation.
In the bag:

I don't think this is correct, the Up and Down stat is autonomous from the total score on the hole, it doesn't "depend". From my understanding it doesn't matter if you're trying to get up and down for birdie, par, bogey, or bogey+ you are still trying to get up on the green and into the hole in 1+1 strokes...

Up and down is only valid for a score of par or better. This logic does not apply to sand saves.

In the bag:
4-PW: CG7 Tour w/ TT Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts50º (8º Bnce), 56º (14º Bnce), 60º (8º Bnce):

Up and down is only valid for a score of par or better. This logic does not apply to sand saves.

Then someone should tell the golf announcers - all of them - because they constantly state that a player is trying to get up and down for bogey.

I disagree. If this were true I really think the UD box would be disabled in Scorecard if the score for the hole was bogey or worse. As a rule they have done a very good job of anticipating the values based on a stat being mathematically eliminated (5 with two putts on a par 5 sets GIR to NO automatically, no fairway entry on par 3 holes) so I don't think they would leave the UD stat with entry capability if it was not valid in that scenario. The only difference in UD and SS is one you started from the sand and the other you started from grass (or another non-sand hazard surface). Once again, I am not asking about the definition of GIR or the actual definition of Up and Down. I am asking if you use a putter to perform the action of getting on the putting surface and then into the hole in two strokes are you 2 putting or are you getting up and down. If your answer has anything to do with the total score on the hole and your name isn't Erik then I respectfully disagree...
In the bag:

Then someone should tell the golf announcers - all of them - because they constantly state that a player is trying to get up and down for bogey.

Fair enough, but I'm getting my information from the Scorecard user manual.

It states in there that you can choose how you personally want to keep track of the U&D; stat but notes that you should use a consistent application so as to not produce invalid results. Therefore, I assume this is why U&D; is never disallowed per hole. But the official definition is, according to the Scorecard user manual, is par or better.
In the bag:

Fair enough, but I'm getting my information from the Scorecard user manual.

Thanks for pointing me to the manual but this is one of the reasons I don't want to make the definition part of this discussion - the piece you reference is a best practice suggestion.

Up and Down (UD)

Basically that part of the guide makes us both right, the author (Erik I assume) states that they do not count this stat except under certain scores but that it is still a valid stat outside that context.

So let's try again - to remove the problem that seems to be obfuscating the real question - different scenario: * Hit tee shot in fairway on par 4 hole leaving 125 yards * Hit 125 approach to fringe of the green against the first cut (I guess this is the collar of the green?) 30 feet from the hole * Hit putter from fringe to 3 feet * Hole out from three feet Now the $.02 question - which of the following is true: A.) You just two putt from 30 feet B.) You just got Up and Down with a 1 putt from 3 feet C.) Neither A or B - A fairway - one putt - NO GIR - with no other stat recorded Thanks.
In the bag:

B.

You got up and down... It does not not matter what club you use to "chip" or get on the green. It is only a putt if you are on the putting surface. Think of it this way... If you are off the putting surface you can not mark and clean your ball like you would while putting. So, you are only putting when on the putting surface.
* Hit tee shot in fairway on par 4 hole leaving 125 yards

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

B.

If you don't give your self a GIR (which you shouldn't, you didn't hit the green) then you are not "putting" your next shot. You got up and down from off the green for par.

FWIW - I only use up and down versus par. I don't give myself an UD unless it is to save par. I use the UD as a save statistic and therefore if I miss a green and don't make par, it was unsuccessful. If I make par, it was successful. If it is a par 5, and my second shot comes up just short of the green, and I chip to a distance then make the putt, I didn't need to get up and down to make par and therefore don't select anything for that stat.

But, to each his own, and like it says, just make sure you are consistent in the way you keep your stats and use it for how you want to evaluate your game.

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

Thanks for the clarification and all the replies; it seemed to me that B was appropriate as well.
In the bag:

• Administrator
* Hit tee shot in fairway on par 4 hole leaving 125 yards

B... and everything about "C" except the "neither B" part.

Fairway, 4, 1 putt, Up and Down, no GIR... and 3 feet for first putt distance.

• 3 weeks later...
Request:

Change or allow the user to define the font size for the Web Site table text.

Right now the default size is 9 point font. I can hardly read that on my web site so I edited the .css file to a 11 point. Every time Scorecard exports a score it also re-rights the .css file with the original 9 point font call.

In the styles.css

table.index tr td, table.index tr td a
{
font-family: 'ProFont X', profont, monaco, monospace;
font-size: 9px;
}

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

• Administrator
Change or allow the user to define the font size for the Web Site table text.

Unlikely we'll allow that just because this is the first request we've had for it.

But you're on a Mac IIRC, so just open the Scorecard bundle, go into Resources, and edit "style.css" yourself. All the app does is copy that file out, so your changes should last (until you update the application itself). Or change the permissions on your server to be read-only. You might want to update it now and then with fresh copies (we occasionally make a change to the .css file), but that should work too.

That will work... thanks

just open the Scorecard bundle, go into Resources, and edit "style.css" yourself. All the app does is copy that file out,

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Note: This thread is 1971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!