IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anyone give me a link for the demo!? I cannot find it. . .

The link is in the first post in this thread. Just download the app and select demo version. It's demo until you apply the license.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SI Nation does not seem to like Macs and your software seems great. I am now a happily registered owner. Thanks for such a nice product.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

• Administrator
Do they have an iPod app for this?

Unsure what you mean...

We have an iPhone/iPod Touch app. It doesn't do all the stats - it synchronizes your rounds back to the desktop. It synchronizes the courses to the iPhone/iPod Touch, too. The iPhone/iPod Touch app is free. But yeah, you need the desktop app to really make it "work" best.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Scorecard 2.2.5 for Windows is out and is a free upgrade for registered users.

If you're a Mac user, go ahead and download the latest version too - it can't hurt.

We strongly recommend everyone have the latest version at all times.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm sure this has been asked before but... I just got a new computer and won't be using my old one, is there anyway to transfer my courses and rounds to the new computer?
Thank!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
I'm sure this has been asked before but... I just got a new computer and won't be using my old one, is there anyway to transfer my courses and rounds to the new computer?

Sure - you just copy the appropriate folder over and your license and your database are preserved.

On the Mac it's your Application Support folder (more specifically the "Scorecard" folder in the App Support folder). On Windows it's your "%APPDATA%" folder. On my Windows XP installation the full path is "C:\Documents and Settings\Erik J. Barzeski\Application Data\Cynical Peak\Scorecard".

I read a few pages but didn't see this answered so.... Is this a 1 time purchase? or is it something I must renew every year? I'm thinking about switching from my surrent stat tracker to this one, I really like the looks of it. is there a demo version to try out?

Thanks
Ronnie

In the bag:
MX-100 Irons
Wedges 54*
60* SV Tour Wedge
putter 3-Wood, 5-wood 10.5* driverLimbo Ball

• Administrator
I read a few pages but didn't see this answered so.... Is this a 1 time purchase? or is it something I must renew every year? I'm thinking about switching from my surrent stat tracker to this one, I really like the looks of it. is there a demo version to try out?

Download it for the demo. It's that simple. The license just unlocks the app.

It's not a yearly thing. Buy the app and it's yours. Upgrades will never cost more than 50% of the cost of the app, and you're free to not upgrade if you choose not to. Last year we gave anyone who'd bought the app in 2009 a free upgrade (almost four months of purchases).

• 2 weeks later...
Erik, this program seems really cool, my question is, can I print a blank scorecard from the program to take with me to the course?

Seems like a lot of info I'd have to remember to put on my regular course scorecard.....

Thanks!
Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

• Administrator
Erik, this program seems really cool, my question is, can I print a blank scorecard from the program to take with me to the course?

Jim,

A) Yes, you can. There's a built-in function to do that. You choose the course and the tees and it'll print a card. B) Download the demo and read the instructions. You only have to write five things down:
  1. Score
  2. Drive (fairway, left, or right)
  3. # of Putts
  4. First Putt Distance
  5. GIR, UD (up and down), or SS (sand save) - the latter two you draw a line through when you fail.
Download the demo. You'll see.

Very cool, thanks Erik!

Jim

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

So I downloaded the demo and added a course. 2 problems Ive come up with.

First is.... I dont know what the rating and slope is per nine like it asks me when I set up a course. I didnt even know there was a front rating/slope and a back rating/slope.

Second, I shot a 43 the other day. I put in my free HC tracker and it says a 43 at that course is playing to a 16.8 handicap.

On Scorecard program, I enter the same 43 and I get an 8.4 HC ( I assume the number in parenthesis next to my score is the handicap I was playing to that round??)

I know a 43 isnt playing to an 8 cap, at least I wouldnt think so, is this because the numbers for front and back rating/slope were not inputed by me....?? I only know the course rating and slope over 18 holes.

Thanks Erik, seems like a good program, but I'd like it to track my HC even if I only play 9, which I do quite frequently.

Jim

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

• Administrator
First is.... I dont know what the rating and slope is per nine like it asks me when I set up a course. I didnt even know there was a front rating/slope and a back rating/slope.

If you don't know (though you should find out for the most accurate results), leave them blank. Scorecard will apply the same slope and half the course rating if they're blank.

But you should find out what the rating and slope are for the separate nines. If you play the exact same nine holes, then it's half the course rating and the same slope.
On Scorecard program, I enter the same 43 and I get an 8.4 HC ( I assume the number in parenthesis next to my score is the handicap I was playing to that round??)

Just curious: did you notice that 8.4 is exactly half of 16.8?

Handicaps are for 18-hole rounds. Scorecard properly calculated your nine-hole differential. Which, btw, is how you'd see things if you entered them into a GHIN computer or something - as a nine-hole differential. Shoot another 43 and combine them and you'll get 16.8... also just like the USGA's handicap formula would say. Scorecard's doing the right thing here.
Thanks Erik, seems like a good program, but I'd like it to track my HC even if I only play 9, which I do quite frequently.

Scorecard does that. It's the other system that's not applying things most correctly.

Also, again, you should get the nine-hole ratings for your course(s) to get the most accurate numbers. Just ask them - they should know.

• 2 weeks later...
Also, again, you should get the nine-hole ratings for your course(s) to get the most accurate numbers. Just ask them - they should know.

You can also look up most courses in the

USGA course rating database (it's the second link in the main frame. I didn't link directly because it currently links to a bare IP address.)

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Great link Zeg! Thanks!

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

This is a great application/software.... Definitely will utilize this in 2010 - and I like the print functionality of the scorecard. Keep up the great work!

Deflord
Driver:  Tour Burner 10.5

3 Wood - Still Hunting

Hybrid:  Hybrid Mid 3

Irons:  MP-57 3-PW

Wedges:  T-10 SW

Putter - Still Hunting (Looking for a Rife)

Ball - Still Hunting on my preference

Scorecard + Linux??

I have been a convert of the Linux camp for a couple of years now. I'm not trying to be pushy or preach about it, it's just personal preference. I use it as I can buy normal pc hardware, and don't have to donate any of my hard earned $$$s (or in my case £££s) to old Bill.

Any way, I digress... the question is this...

Does anyone else on here use Linux, and have they tried getting score card to work under WINE? Probably not, but I thought I'd ask just in case...

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

Note: This thread is 1991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!