IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't think you have to match the front 9 with a back nine. 2 front nine's equals 18 holes.

yeah, but all the pars and distances, etc are different for the front nine and back nine, so all your statistics are gonna be off. Thats why I created a course with two front nines as all 18 holes. works perfect.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Erik, this iPhone version will be applicable to the iPod Touch, correct?

Same thing, yes. Apple has to add the ability to sync with a desktop app because we can't rely on everyone having a network (cellular or WiFi) all the time. Currently there's no real way to do that.

Also, until the 9 hole round is available, is it possible to record a 9 hole round form the front and a week later (league play) add the back 9 for the combined 18? I guess it'd be easier to just retain the information from one week to the next....

That's certainly possible. In my league, I always showed up early and played the alternate nine before league play, so I could enter a full 18-hole score. Obviously that may not work for your league.

yeah, but all the pars and distances, etc are different for the front nine and back nine, so all your statistics are gonna be off.

Just make sure you put the proper slope and course rating in. Each set of nines have their own. For the course rating, it's usually close to half. The slope, however, is usually about the same. So you may have a course with a rating of 71.4 and a slope of 131, but the front nine is 34.2 and 137.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Same thing, yes. Apple has to add the ability to sync with a desktop app because we can't rely on everyone having a network (cellular or WiFi) all the time. Currently there's no real way to do that.

That's understandable. It'll stay in it's own "sandbox" (I think that's what they're calling it) until synced.

That's certainly possible. In my league, I always showed up early and played the alternate nine before league play, so I could enter a full 18-hole score. Obviously that may not work for your league.

This will work. I'll just be playing the opposite side after my match....which I usually do anyway. I didn't know if one would be able to save the progress between holes. If that was the case, save the progress up to and including No.9....then continue once the other side was being played. Many ways around this (use your score card as you had stated) anyway.

Thanks.

Just make sure you put the proper slope and course rating in. Each set of nines have their own. For the course rating, it's usually close to half. The slope, however, is usually about the same. So you may have a course with a rating of 71.4 and a slope of 131, but the front nine is 34.2 and 137.

I meant if you were going to enter the front nine in twice, for the front nine area and just again for the back nine. Obviously the stats will be off unless you create a course with the front nine stats in the back nine as well as the front.

I just bought a copy and entered my first round

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

That double 9 hole entry method is great. I have been needing that. only thing is, the other day I had a great front 9 and horrible back 9. If I had quit after the front and doubled it, well that would have been my new lowest round by 7 strokes, my first round in the 60's, etc etc. Gotta keep it honest to track real progress or lack thereof.

That double 9 hole entry method is great. I have been needing that. only thing is, the other day I had a great front 9 and horrible back 9. If I had quit after the front and doubled it, well that would have been my new lowest round by 7 strokes, my first round in the 60's, etc etc. Gotta keep it honest to track real progress or lack thereof.

Is this based on what I said??? Cuz, that's not quite what I meant

I just meant if you play the front 9 as a 9 hole round more often that the the back 9. you combine your two most recent front 9 rounds for an 18 hole round... not just duplicate a 9 hole round out of thin air to make 18 - or did someone else say that?? I'm obviously confused...

What's in my bag:

Is this based on what I said??? Cuz, that's not quite what I meant

Did I read that wrong? Sorry. Was it two separate 9 hole rounds? Sorry--that would make more sense. I am really sick right now, too much NyQuil.

Did I read that wrong? Sorry. Was it two separate 9 hole rounds? Sorry--that would make more sense. I am really sick right now, too much NyQuil.

Hope you feel better. I usually find that some good bourbon works better than nyquil - well, its more fun anyway.

I may not have been very clear. It's been known to happen...

What's in my bag:

I wonder how hard this would be to integrate with Blackberry.

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

I think they sync with an exchange server. I wonder if you could use an Outlook datafile or something. I'm guessing you just need a table. But enough back seat developing!

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

I'm hardly an experienced golfer, but I bought the software. In fact, that's how I found this site.
I think the software is fantastic. simple to use, yet full of great features. I'm hoping to use it to learn my weaknesses (which are many0 and focus on areas of improvement. Not too mention I've always been curious what my handicap would be!

Just bought the software; hoping to uncover my 'real weaknesses' and try to focus on fixing them in 2008.

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

• 2 weeks later...
Erik - Just bought the Scorecard. When will version 2.0 come out and what other updates, new features will be included in it? Also, do we have to pay to upgrade or is that going to be free?

Any chance the newer version will include graphs (Pie, Bar graphs, etc) as part of the reports

• Administrator
Erik - Just bought the Scorecard.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it.

When will version 2.0 come out and what other updates, new features will be included in it?

We don't know and we can't say. Our first priority is version 1.3, with some added stats, then 1.5, with iPhone support. After that's out, we'll plan out version 2.0.

Also, do we have to pay to upgrade or is that going to be free?

There will likely be an upgrade charge for 2.0. Every 1.x update will be free.

Any chance the newer version will include graphs (Pie, Bar graphs, etc) as part of the reports

Perhaps, yes. We've looked at several charting libraries.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That Scorecard Program Is Fantastic!!!

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Note: This thread is 1970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!