IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. If I want to enter a 9 hole round, for adding more holes to stats like GIR etc...is there a way to keep that 9 hole round from being used in handicap/anti calculations?

2. I have a lot of old scores written down, but no stats for them (fairwarys, GIR, UP, SS, etc...). If I DO want to enter those scores in order for them to count toawards handicap etc, how do I make sure it doesn't use any of the stat categories for those rounds? (i.e. rounds I played before having the software)
TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
1. If I want to enter a 9 hole round, for adding more holes to stats like GIR etc...is there a way to keep that 9 hole round from being used in handicap/anti calculations?

We have not addressed nine-hole rounds yet. Quite frankly, I'm surprised how many people have requested the feature. We'll do something about it in 2.0, but we cannot before then. It's goo big a change to make to the 1.x stuff.

2. I have a lot of old scores written down, but no stats for them (fairwarys, GIR, UP, SS, etc...). If I DO want to enter those scores in order for them to count toawards handicap etc, how do I make sure it doesn't use any of the stat categories for those rounds? (i.e. rounds I played before having the software)

You cannot do that. Rounds either count - and they count for both stats and handicap calculations - or they do not count.

The handicap in Scorecard, though calculated using the official methods and so on, is not official in and of itself. You likely have a handicap somewhere, right? If so, I'd just start entering your rounds now. Eventually your handicaps will align (when you get 20 rounds in) and your stats will be accurate. The stats, IMO, are the more important thing in Scorecard.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We have not addressed nine-hole rounds yet. Quite frankly, I'm surprised how many people have requested the feature. We'll do something about it in 2.0, but we cannot before then. It's goo big a change to make to the 1.x stuff.

I understand that rounds always count toward stats, that's fine with me having to wait 20 rounds.

For the 9 hole issue, it seems it could be pretty simple. It seems the SW should recognize that any score which does not have scores/stats entered for all 18 holes should only be used for stats, and not HDCP. I could care less if there is any hook in place to use 9 hole scores the official way for HDCP. If it's not this simple, and needs to go into 2.0, when would that be available? I think the reason so many people are requesting it, is that most of us don't play 18 holes 4 times a week. For me to get 20 full rounds in (I think you need at least 10 to even get an accurate picture of your stats) takes months. However, I am able to play 9 holes often after work etc. So, I want to be able to get GIR%, or SS% etc. using 5 full rounds and 10 nine-hole rounds. For any stats aside from HDCP calculations, it should not matter if you play, 1, 9 or 18 holes at a time. Thanks for taking the time to consider our requests.
TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

• Administrator
For the 9 hole issue, it seems it could be pretty simple. It seems the SW should recognize that any score which does not have scores/stats entered for all 18 holes should only be used for stats, and not HDCP. I could care less if there is any hook in place to use 9 hole scores the official way for HDCP.

There are several problems with that.

1. Nine-hole rounds are used for handicap purposes.
  2. Each of the nine holes at your course can have a different rating and slope, and not many people know these values.
  3. The UI for nine-hole rounds would need to be changed.
  4. The HTML output from nine-hole rounds would need to be changed as well.
We prefer not to do anything half-assed, and that's why it'll take a 2.0 release to do these things.
If it's not this simple, and needs to go into 2.0, when would that be available?

Likely in time for the 2009 golf season.

I think the reason so many people are requesting it, is that most of us don't play 18 holes 4 times a week.

To be clear, "so many" is about 2% of our customers, which we can extrapolate to mean that perhaps as many as 10% would really like such a feature (and 8% just haven't written about it).

For any stats aside from HDCP calculations, it should not matter if you play, 1, 9 or 18 holes at a time.

Agreed, but at my course I can play holes 1-6 and then skip to holes 13-18. I don't post those rounds (I'm usually playing a few balls at a time and practicing), and the UI would look pretty screwy for that kind of "stats-tracking" round, right? We can't account for everything, so if you play holes 1-7, I don't believe we'll ever track the stats for that sort of thing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I too would like to see nine holes feature included in a future release. What I do to get around it now it is I log my 18 hole rounds as Casual Rounds. I log my nine hole rounds as Practice Rounds and create the courses as if an 18with the front and back nines the same. You can combine all the stats when wanted or sort them by round type if you want to know your handicap for 18 hole rounds but not include the nines. I also differentiate the nine hole courses from 18 by putting a "z" in front of the nine hole courses. So my Walter Hall 18 is Walter Hall. My Walter Hall front nine only is zWalter Hall. I do keep the stats out until I get the "back nine" in and then I include the round in statistics. You could probably do something similar by sorting only by the front nine.

• Administrator
Coming in version 1.4 (for the Mac and Windows) the first week of July (tentatively), some new features:
  1. Added "Penalties" to "Best vs. Worst" table
  2. Added a "Total Distance Made" to "Putting" table. We approximate the made putt on two- and three-putts to be three feet. For one-putts, we add in the total feet/meters of the putt distance you provide.
  3. Added "Total Distance Made" to "Best vs. Worst" table.
  4. Added a putting table that lists putts made (percentages) from various distances, like 0-3 feet, 3-6, 6-10, etc. If you measure your courses in meters, we'll show you a meters-based table.

iPhone development will begin soon as well, though it's now likely the iPhone app (just for entering scores for now, and perhaps forever) will have a small cost.

Scorecard 2.0? Early 2009, but don't ask about it. Feature set not determined and I wouldn't talk about it now even if it was. Discounted upgrade for all 1.x users, though, so buy the app now and get use of it all summer and fall, and get a discount next year too.

I am using the demo, I like the SW a lot so far. I have 2 rounds entered, and it seems I have found some bugs, maybe somebody can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Looking at the attached screencap I took....
Total Putts
Putts per GIR
Putts per missed GIR

All 3 of these seem to be flipped?

• Administrator
I am using the demo, I like the SW a lot so far. I have 2 rounds entered, and it seems I have found some bugs, maybe somebody can tell me what I am doing wrong.

No bugs there, nope. You didn't post your scores (or their differentials), but I will say that after only two rounds, the stats aren't exactly going to be very solid.

Send me an email showing me your two rounds (or send me the HTML files) and I can double-check. For any other bug-related or support-related queries, please use our support@ email address or the forums at CynicalPeak.com .

No bugs there, nope. You didn't post your scores (or their differentials), but I will say that after only two rounds, the stats aren't exactly going to be very solid.

So best/worst always uses the total score for the best/worst determination? The round with more putts was a better overall score. So I see what you're doing. I was assuming best/worst always used only that category. Meaning, my best round for putts would be the round with the least amount of putts.

• Administrator
So best/worst always uses the total score for the best/worst determination?

Have a look at the manual...

Source: The Manual Best vs. Worst All Stats - New in version 1.3! This table contains statistics from above, but splits them into your “best” and “worst” rounds. You may notice that Scorecard calculates your differential for each round you play. Your differential is essentially your handicap index for that one round. This table splits the rounds in half. Your “best rounds” are those with the lowest differentials and your “worst rounds” those with the highest differentials. We also list an average column so that you can see how far off your best and worst rounds are from the overall average.

So yeah, it's based on the rounds. It wouldn't be very helpful to show the best and worst of each particular stat... FWIW, my current best vs. worst table is (oh, and you'll see one of our new stats in 1.4, the "total distance made" stat for putting):
None

I asked in another forum, but evidently it was not approved.

I am currently using a program called Caddy Master Pro to track my handicap and stats. It uses a MS Access database for storing data.

If I switch over to Scorecard, is there any way that I can import all of the rounds and courses? I have about a years worth of rounds stored.

Thanks,
cvlngineer

Tour Burner TP
r7 Fairway Woods
r7 TP Irons/RAC TP Wedges
White Hot XG Sabertooth Putter

• Administrator
I am currently using a program called Caddy Master Pro to track my handicap and stats. It uses a MS Access database for storing data.

It's highly unlikely you've kept the same statistics, so the odds that we could even create a database with your data are slim.

For further support-related questions, please post on the Cynical Peak forums or use our support email.

Erik,
I was a little surprised to see there are no scoring stats by hole type, par 3, par 4, etc. Also it might help in analyzing your play to see GIR % for each one also.

Hey Erik,

I'm still loving Scorecard. It's invaluable.

I do have one suggestion, I guess, for v. 2. Some courses have various layouts of distinct 9-hole tracks. For example, Moorpark Country Club in Southern California has three independent 9-hole layouts that players can play in any combination. I can enter all of the possible combinations as different sets of tees to get the info in there, but how do I figure out the correct slope/rating with that info?

If it's possible in v.2, and this is a common enough thing, it would be really cool to be able to plug in distinct 9s within a given course, and to have Scorecard figure out the slope/rating from there (assuming it's a standard calculation and not something I need to find somewhere).

If this is too rare a situation I understand; I can only think of 2 other courses I've ever played like this.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

• Administrator
I was a little surprised to see there are no scoring stats by hole type, par 3, par 4, etc. Also it might help in analyzing your play to see GIR % for each one also.

Good thing there is!

I'm still loving Scorecard. It's invaluable.

Thanks.

I do have one suggestion, I guess, for v. 2. Some courses have various layouts of distinct 9-hole tracks. For example, Moorpark Country Club in Southern California has three independent 9-hole layouts that players can play in any combination. I can enter all of the possible combinations as different sets of tees to get the info in there, but how do I figure out the correct slope/rating with that info?

Each of the nines should have a course rating and slope. For the total course rating, add the two nine-hole course ratings. For the slope, average the two.

I can't say we'll likely support this kind of thing in version 2, because the number of courses worldwide that have a bunch of independent nines is a very, very small minority. Since it won't matter which nines you play as the front and the back, you could enter three different courses in Scorecard (AB, BC, CA). We may also support nine-hole courses as a general feature, and you could just enter two separate "rounds" in Scorecard, obviously with the same date, and you'd get basically the same results that way. (Though if it were me, I'd probably do the AB, BC, CA route because I wouldn't want separate differentials for nine-hole rounds.)

I've been posting scores alot in scorecard, but I can't seem to get it to show up on the website (see my scorecards button)

If anyone has any website knowledge please help me out, I am importing the rounds into the rounds folder i have on my Cpanel, and the rounds do show up in the folder, but not on the website.

What gives?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Administrator
You have to upload the index file, too.

• Administrator
Coming in a day or two, version 1.4 for Windows and Mac OS X. New in 1.4:
  • Added the Putt Accuracy by Distance table
  • Added total putt distance made stat to the putts and best vs worst tables
  • Added tooltips for the table cells which show both percentage and actual values (so you don't have to toggle if you just want to check one stat quickly)
  • Added Penalties to the best vs worst table
  • Updated the export css and html (you'll want to re-export all your existing rounds - they'll write over the same files).
  • Line breaks are now preserved in notes when exporting the round to html
  • Expanded alias support
  • Reordered the rows in the best vs worst table
  • Fixed a minor issue with applying ESC
  • Fixed the display of the best vs worst table when no rounds are being calculated

Free upgrade, of course. Just check http://cynicalpeak.com/scorecard/ on Monday or Tuesday for the 1.4 download.

Note: This thread is 1992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!