IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

mruseless,

This or a similar question was asked earlier in this thread with suggestions made. Check out some of that.
Iacas, how do you record a fairway missed long? Straight, well struck shot that rolls out just into the rough before a creek or before a patch of rough? Also, how would I record a fairway hit AFTER my first tee shot was plunked into the water? I reloaded, hit the fairway, hit the green, and two putted. But took a six due to stroke and distance.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Just curious, how do you mark in Scorecard for a drive that goes dead straight up the fairway, but lands in a bunker in the middle of the fairway?

Pick a side. Or mark it as a fairway hit.

Or, I suppose, don't mark anything.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is there a method for posting stats on a partial round?

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

• Administrator
Is there a method for posting stats on a partial round?

No, unfortunately there's not, and even in 2.0 (2009) when we add (i.e. "fix"

) the nine-hole option, we won't allow partial round statistics. It just gets too messy and is too infrequent a need. Unless, of course, you consider nine holes a partial round.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No, unfortunately there's not, and even in 2.0 (2009) when we add (i.e. "fix"

Any idea of that release date for 2.0 yet? The 9-hole round feature is what I'm looking for. Is the $29.95 per year or lifetime license? Does it include all updates?

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

• Administrator
Any idea of that release date for 2.0 yet? The 9-hole round feature is what I'm looking for. Is the $29.95 per year or lifetime license? Does it include all updates?

Next year. Like... February 2009. Goal would be to get it out in time for the northern states to begin to use it. It will import your 1.x database, of course, so the transition will be smooth.

The license we currently sell is for 1.x and includes all 1.x upgrades. 2.0 will be made available at an upgrade cost as well as a "first time buyer" cost (probably still $29.95). Upgrade cost will be anywhere from 10 to 50% off, most likely. Only thing we have going on this year is the addition of the iPhone scorekeeping app. It'll just be a barebones scorekeeping app - it will sync to your desktop app and offer little more than that (keeping score on the course, syncing back so you don't have to type in your rounds) in 2008. It may be expanded in 2009, etc. We'll likely charge a little for it (anywhere from $0.99 to $4.99) for two reasons: a) to discourage people from downloading it and then complaining that it doesn't do anything (because they don't have the desktop app), b) to better manage customers (support, etc.) and possibly pay for expanded website functionality, etc.

Next year. Like... February 2009. Goal would be to get it out in time for the northern states to begin to use it. It will import your 1.x database, of course, so the transition will be smooth.

Any future plans for a mobile page to access from smart phones or any html-enabled phone.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

• Administrator
Any future plans for a mobile page to access from smart phones or any html-enabled phone.

I'm not sure what you're asking. No, we don't plan to offer an HTML version of... the software? The scorekeeping application? Neither would work and/or would require all sorts of extra work.

Or maybe I'm not sure what you're asking.

Would it would be nightmare to design a feature to import scorecards from courses website?
I have a program for my Mac that does that with recipes.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

• Administrator
Would it would be nightmare to design a feature to import scorecards from courses website?

I doubt we'll add such a feature - unlike with recipes imported from a few sites with known formatting, it would be awfully difficult (i.e. impossible) to design something to import tees, ratings, etc. from the hundreds or thousands of ways in which scorecards are presented online. At least impossible to do in a reasonable time frame. And that says nothing about courses where the scorecard is an image of their scorecard... And sometimes, by the time you find an online scorecard, you could have just typed the information in and gotten on with your day.

We may work with a site to pull down course information (a site that already has it and actively maintains their list), but somehow I think that's unlikely as they probably won't want to pair up with a "competing" product.

Just noticed a new iPhone app called Fore that does a lot of what Scorecard does. It is not as detail oriented, but syncs to Oobgolf.com. It is expensive at $29.99.

Big Bertha
3 metal
3 hybrid
AP1 4-w S300
Vokey 52 oil can Vokey 56 spin milled Vokey 60 spin milled Scotty Cameron Newport II Pro V1x

• Administrator
Just noticed a new iPhone app called Fore that does a lot of what Scorecard does. It is not as detail oriented, but syncs to Oobgolf.com. It is expensive at $29.99.

And if you want Scorecard's functionality on the iPhone, you may have to buy it. Current plans for the iPhone "Scorecard" are just a way to keep score and sync your scorecards (and the stats you enter) back to your desktop app.

Erik, I am demoing Scorecard now and I love all the stats that are availiable. I was just wondering what some of these other programs could do. My iPhone is a constant companion. I use it for my mileage journal, check the radar to see if rain is coming on the golf course, keep todos and a shopping list, and many other uses. The main problem with the iPhone is battery life. I think your idea for a way to upload data from the iPhone to Scorecard is a great start. That way we won't have to do double entry.

Big Bertha
3 metal
3 hybrid
AP1 4-w S300
Vokey 52 oil can Vokey 56 spin milled Vokey 60 spin milled Scotty Cameron Newport II Pro V1x

• Administrator
I have a couple questions, 1 Do you offer a military discount/and or the 20% off code still? and 2, any plans to port this to PDA?

The 20% still works, and no, no plans to port this to a PDA at all.

I'm playing around with the demo version and it's very nice, just one question, is there a way to note what club you used for each shot? This would be beneficial in determining if your club selection is correct/optimal for each hole.

EDIT: Also, what does US mean next to "Up and Down" and "Sand Saves"?

• Administrator
is there a way to note what club you used for each shot? This would be beneficial in determining if your club selection is correct/optimal for each hole.

No, there's not. I'd get into the reasons why but the short answer is that we think that's unnecessary information.

EDIT: Also, what does US mean next to "Up and Down" and "Sand Saves"?

I believe the manual answers this: U = unsuccessful, S = successful. The left and right arrow keys can be used to set them, too.

Note: This thread is 1991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!