IGNORED

Dream of Turning Pro

Golfer6969
Note: This thread is 1705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

but that would be a lot of work.

No it wouldn’t. I’ll do it. None of them are on any tour. Done.😃

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

No it wouldn’t. I’ll do it. None of them are on any tour. Done.😃

Thanks for that. 

I guess I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they were serious. It would be interesting to see how far they got and when they knew it was over. 

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Thanks for that. 

I guess I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they were serious. It would be interesting to see how far they got and when they knew it was over. 

It would be interesting to know the stories of those who were humble, honest and dedicated. I imagine the whole group of the arrogant, delusional and defensive would all have similar excuses for their failure. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

It would be interesting to know the stories of those who were humble, honest and dedicated. I imagine the whole group of the arrogant, delusional and defensive would all have similar excuses for their failure. 

Have you read Tom Coyne's Paper Tiger

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 7/18/2019 at 7:19 AM, leftybutnotPM said:

And, predictably, here endeth the thread.

Another budding professional who has a handicap of X but has the ability of a scratch and - wait for it - the astonishing expectation to sink 15 footers -  eagerly intends to inform us of his results in  a tournament or CC round being played the following day after playing by himself for a month. But we hear nothing. Presumably we are talking a score in the mid 90s all due to bad luck, but we'll never know.

There is only one possible reason, given that "anything is possible"; he just didn't want it badly enough.

Dear Haters,

For those of you wondering how my club championship went, round 1 I shot my life time best of -4. Unfortunately the pressure completely got to me on the second round and I ended up carding +8 in a round full of uncommitted swings and jittery putting. That being said, I didn’t really care too much about the bottle because you got to get there, mess it up, and learn for next time. The reason I haven’t been active lately is that rather than squabble with the doubters and the haters on here, I thought I’d do what a professional would do and focus all my efforts on continuing to approve. I have a packed competition schedule coming up both at my home course and also at a couple of away courses in my area - hoping to get into some pressure situations again, but this time handle them better!

1 hour ago, Golfer6969 said:

The reason I haven’t been active lately is that rather than squabble with the doubters and the haters on here,

What a load of bollocks. The responses to your OP were overwhelmingly supportive and positive. The negativity was directed towards Diece, who thinks that desire for fame and fortune trumps dedication and hard work.

I'm pretty certain that reporting on a first round 4 under par would have been a pretty good way to silence these haters that don't exist.

All golfers should want other golfers to succeed, but when they start threads and then disappear without trace, it all seems like a lot of take and no give and it happens all the time. 

As for "doubters" - of course people who are versed in reality have doubts. That doesn't mean that they wouldn't love to see a good news story.

Edited by leftybutnotPM
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, leftybutnotPM said:

I'm pretty certain that reporting on a first round 4 under par would have been a pretty good way to silence these haters that don't exist.

It would have been, if the story had even a kernel of truth to it.

You know we would have heard about it that same afternoon if it really did go that well. He was already planning to tell us all about it, yet conveniently forgot to update everyone about his stellar performance until the thread got resurrected and people pointed out how he never told us his results.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pretty classic millennial attitude:

“I want to be a professional golfer.”

- Well it’s a tough road and few can make it.

”Hater!”

“ I want to develop more power.”

- Start some core exercising to get some more strength.

” You’re body shaming me!”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
7 hours ago, parlor said:

Wasn't there an English guy on here documenting his path to playing at a tour level? 

Yes, but that guy was a wanker, and didn't come close to making it.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Nice use of an English expression towards an English golfer!

On 7/19/2019 at 10:00 AM, Vinsk said:

My belief is that those who are humble, honest and dedicated usually would not start or write a thread like this.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

48 minutes ago, paperclip said:

My belief is that those who are humble, honest and dedicated usually would not start or write a thread like this.

Well true regarding the likes of the ones we’ve read. I figured there’s gotta be someone who would like to post here for updates/advice who was of those characteristics. @Diece hasn’t posted in quite some time...😳

13 hours ago, iacas said:

We need a “wanker” smiley!  :dance:

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

27 minutes ago, David in FL said:

We need a “wanker” smiley!  :dance:

21 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Common. Let's keep this a family-oriented golf site if we can.

🤡, this one works for me.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

29 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Common. Let's keep this a family-oriented golf site if we can.

You clearly have a dirty mind!  :-P

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!