IGNORED

Club Fitting - Demo Day

Note: This thread is 1830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, LMoore said:

For those that swing under 100mph, the gain in distance would be even less.

This is where I believe you’re not agreeing with Bill. I believe this is actually opposite of what Bill is saying. Yes?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

36 minutes ago, LMoore said:

Bill, If I didn’t do a good job stating it, I’m agreeing with you.

Ok. It didn't seem like it because at first you wrote this:

12 hours ago, LMoore said:

Since the Driver is limited in COR, there is little advantage to changing if what you have works.

From which I assumed you were ignoring the additional forgiveness advantages of today's driver technology.

13 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

This is where I believe you’re not agreeing with Bill. I believe this is actually opposite of what Bill is saying. Yes?

We were kind of talking about different things. @LMoore is right, assuming equal contact, that a slower swing will see less distance increase than a faster swing from today's drivers versus drivers from five years ago due to equipment restrictions. But I pointed out that since most of the technology developed goes into forgiveness, a 20 handicap player will see greater gains from today's drivers than a scratch player would.

In the end, I have no idea what anybody is talking about anymore :whistle:

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OK guys. New drivers help higher handicaps more than lower. 

Watching highlights and not comprehending properly. 

Same thing my wife chews on me about.

13 hours ago, Club Rat said:

They unusually only hit any club a max distant - 150 yards.
Every once in a while they will show up with a "New Miracle Club"  
I'll ask them how far they hit it?

I think they are only tying to intimidate their buddies with new clubs ….

I think they might be intimidated only until they saw my swing...  :-)

I did the Mizuno demo today. Very nice fellow and, as someone asked, he did use the Mizuno shaft optimizer tool today. Very interesting and the best demo I've done. Anyway, it was a real toss up between the Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal and the Titleist 718 AP1. The prices were very close and the JPX came with 8 clubs with the Titleist offering with 7. I hit the Mizuno club pretty well but, to me, the Titleist just had an edge in both straightness, looks and feel. In the end I ended up ordering a set of the Titleist clubs. May the golf gods smile on me...

Thanks for all your help and comments. It's much appreciated.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!