Alohaed

What happened to The Masters TV coverage????

18 posts / 1566 viewsLast Reply

Sorry if this has been already posted. I remember being able to watch most of the tournament on TV, including the coverage of 4 specific holes. Now it only starts at 3pm? I would love watch the morning pairings too.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Sadly, TV coverage has always been relatively poor.  It was years before they showed any of the front 9 at all.

Yep, your only option is to stream it...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The "track" feature on the mobile app is really cool, even for a non-millennial like me.

Masters.com apparently has video of every shot pretty close to when it happens. That is a crazy feature. I haven't played around with it yet, though.

They have really good streaming covering, too. The featured groups today include Tiger. Stream quality is pure.

Just now, mighty said:

I cant see anything there, is it because I'm not watching in the US?

Yeah, I think I saw on reddit someone said it was US only. You could always try using a VPN and see if that works

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Masters.com apparently has video of every shot pretty close to when it happens. That is a crazy feature. I haven't played around with it yet, though.

They have really good streaming covering, too. The featured groups today include Tiger. Stream quality is pure.

Yeah, the streaming is great right now!

I'm on CBSSports and the feed is fine - probably the same as the Masters direct feed

2 hours ago, mighty said:

I cant see anything there, is it because I'm not watching in the US?

+1  Not able to see anything.  Just get the option of radio 😥

13 hours ago, Alohaed said:

Sorry if this has been already posted. I remember being able to watch most of the tournament on TV, including the coverage of 4 specific holes. Now it only starts at 3pm? I would love watch the morning pairings too.

TV broadcast for The Masters has ALWAYS been 3pm Thur-Sat and 2 on Sunday.  As long as I have been watching anyway.  The only tournament where you can literally watch from the first tee shot to the final putt is The Open... Augusta National is very stingy on giving a ton of TV time.  

I wasn't able to watch the TV broadcast.  Do they replay it?  Or can I find it online?

Thanks!

Never mind, the entire 5+ hour broadcast is on masters.com.  Sweet!!

3 hours ago, ejimsmith said:

I wasn't able to watch the TV broadcast.  Do they replay it?  Or can I find it online?

Thanks!

Never mind, the entire 5+ hour broadcast is on masters.com.  Sweet!!

Masters.com is just the best.  I got 700mbs downloading the broadcast.  Six hours of HD video, almost 10GB, downloaded in a couple of minutes.  The coverage starts about 20 minutes before the leaders tee off, so you get all of Tiger's shots.

For those who can't or don't want to download the whole thing, note that the tracking feature on Masters.com doesn't just show diagrams of the shots in a very cool 3d viewer that is to the PGA Tour's shot tracker what Skyrim is to Pong, but it shows video of every shot.  Just click on the shot number on the diagram to get a 5-10 second clip of that shot.  It defaults to a small video, but you can expand it to full screen with a click.

Edited by brocks

Between Masters.com, The Golf Channel, and CBS I thought the coverage was the best it has been.