Mongoonlypawn

Armlock putter shaft bend legal?

5 posts / 2832 viewsLast Reply

I modified an arm-lock putter so that it's pressed more firmly against my left arm but have had a couple of comments that maybe it's not legal because the shaft is bent. Would appreciate knowing what are you thoughts are.20190411_190623.thumb.jpg.5d7d03105394f4686c0fd478978d7032.jpg

20190411_190642.jpg

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Welcome to TST.   Stick around, you'll find people are warm and welcoming.   We talk golf w/o religion and politics and you will enjoy the forum.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Welcome to TST.   Stick around, you'll find people are warm and welcoming.   We talk golf w/o religion and politics and you will enjoy the forum.

Golf is our religion.😀

Part 2 – Conformance of Clubs

2. Shaft a. Straightness

"The shaft must be straight from the top of the grip to a point not more than 5 inches (127 mm) above the sole, measured from the point where the shaft ceases to be straight along the axis of the bent part of the shaft and the neck and/or socket."

Edited by Rulesman

So in other words I can have the shaft on my old 40" 2 ball Odyssey putter "adjusted" at a point below 5" above the head to fudge the loft on the putter to 7 degrees and make an arm-lock putter out of it and it will be perfectly legal. Cool.