• Support TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
  • Popular Now

• This shaft seems pretty nice.  I took a flyer on it and got the SF505 (I swing 100-105MPH).  It came in last night and I took it to the range this morning.  I saw on a couple sites people mentioning there was a learning curve and it was true.  I tried using my same swing I put on my Hzrdus green and the ball just took off to the right.   10-20 swings later I was able to figure it out and was amazed at the results.  I realized I needed to just swing smoother and slower and it worked perfectly.  Feels so weird swinging this slow and the ball going farther.  I was on the range so no comparison other that was was visible to the naked eye.  The ball had so much more pop and was flying maybe 10 yards farther.  The consistency was the craziest part as they were ropes directly where I aimed.  Taking it on the course tomorrow so curious to see how accurate on the course it is as well as if I'm hitting from new areas because of the added length.
    • I made it up. But let's see… For me to contract COVID-19 by touching the handle of a gas pump twice: The handle would have had to have been touched by an infected person within the past few hours. There were 32 gas pumps and I was the only car at the station, at about 8:45am. That person would have basically had to slobber on the handle to get anywhere near enough viral load onto the handle. I'm unaware of a handle-of-gas-pump-licking fetish, but maybe it exists. I would have had to get virtually all of that viral load on my hand in a few seconds. I would have then had a HUGE failure of my sanitizer to do ANYTHING to remove the virus from my hands. I would have then had to lick my hand or something to get all of the virus that remained. 0.0001% was probably high. If you wanted to try to figure out the actual number, you'd have to start here: what % of the population currently has COVID-19 and is unaware and out and about? It's not like that number is even 5%.
    • I don't buy that there's only a 0.0001% risk.  Where did that number come from?  I leave my home a lot... groceries, outdoor cocktails (downwind and 10 feet from friends), golf course every day, walks, bicycle rides, a take out burrito today from Casa que Pasa and for gas.  All calculated risks.  It's sort of fun to know... that the next time you reach for the gas pump handle you'll think of good ol' DMM.
    • Viral load matters quite a bit, the pumps are outside, and a bunch of other factors, including that I have a bottle of hand sanitizer in my car. Because, again, 0.000001% may as well be 1%. Why do you ever leave your house if you're not willing to risk 0.0001% chance of anything happening?
  • Today's Birthdays

1. bm85
      bm85
      (35 years old)
    2. canadianpro
      canadianpro
      (75 years old)
    3. deryl50
      deryl50
      (53 years old)
    4. Facialman
      Facialman
      (73 years old)
    5. lowtidecharters
      lowtidecharters
      (41 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...