Here are my 2021 Golf Goals; a few more than last year.
1. I want to shoot par for nine holes, and break 80 for 18 holes, just one round of each is all I need. I think I can do it on the front nine of my home course (2910 yards, par 36), but I’m still gonna need to practice to get that done.
2. I’d like to get to the point where I’m averaging around 42 for nine holes, which means between 82 and 85 for eighteen holes. What I need to do is the same as #1, but I probably need more lean on irons/hybrids.
3. I want to get my handicap down to 14 or lower (17.4 right now) and KEEP it there. I wasn’t specific enough last year, so I’m making sure I say that this year! Again, practice is key.
4. I’m hitting 28% of greens (5/18) right now on average. I want to get that up to at least 40% (7/18), and to do that, I will put forth about 3/4 of my bucket on irons, because that’s what I’m hitting for most of my approach shots.
5. I want to improve my bunker play. To what standard, I don’t know, mainly because my bunker game is super inconsistent right now. There’s a practice bunker next to the range, so I could hit shots out of that to practice hitting different-length bunker shots.
6. I’m averaging 61% of fairways right now, so I’m gonna keep the goal from last year, get to 70% or higher. Same practice thing as last year.
7. I would like to limit my three-putts to two max per round, which means I need to spend a good amount of time on the practice green, practicing my lag putting. Also, I’d like to get my average number of putts down to 34 or less (36 avg right now).
8. This one may be the most important to me, which is why I saved it for last. I want to make All Conference in the golf season. To do that, I’m gonna need to place in the top 12 in scoring average of the 50 or so golfers in our conference (prob need to average 42). I know I have the game, because when our last season was cut due to COVID, I wasn’t even playing my best,
As I said, #8 may be the one I want the most, especially since I saw where I was at the end of last season.
@Esox, the ball could never be “declared” lost. It could be “deemed” lost, but that was a “rules” thing - a player’s actions could result in this “deeming” but a player couldn’t say, for example, “I deem it lost.”
Also, a ball can’t be “lost” in the Rules in a penalty area (or a water hazard), even if it’s a “lost” ball in English.
This is the Rules of Golf forum, so the words we use are going to have the meanings and definitions and usages that apply in the Rules of Golf.
@Red, you replied, but you just quoted my post and didn’t say anything new.
Trying to keep solid contact. Sequence just feels weird.
I've been working on hitting a lot of punch shots. Also trying to slow down on full swings but that seems to make things worse lol. I’m not sure why my shots are off the toe.