BogeySwine

Costco Callaway Hex Tour Soft

42 posts / 10588 viewsLast Reply

Anyone have any confirmation what Callaway ball this model at Costco is based on? I was guessing maybe the Diablo Tour or the Superhot but could not confirm anywhere.

On 4/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, BogeySwine said:

Anyone have any confirmation what Callaway ball this model at Costco is based on? I was guessing maybe the Diablo Tour or the Superhot but could not confirm anywhere.

I'm guessing it's a re-skinned Superhot 55.

2 hours ago, Arafat said:

This fool doesn't know what he's talking about...he's describing a 4 piece Cally Chrome Soft...not the Costco Cally 3 piece Hex Tour Soft.

https://www.costco.co.uk/Sports-Spas-Leisure/Outdoor-Sports/Golf/Callaway-Hex-Tour-Soft-Golf-Balls-24-Pack/p/1284674

Are you asking what kind of balls does Costco sell? I bought these 3 from my local Costco:

8EAD29BC-B891-4FD0-A5E4-672A694F0FA2.jpeg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

Are you asking what kind of balls does Costco sell? I bought these 3 from my local Costco:

8EAD29BC-B891-4FD0-A5E4-672A694F0FA2.jpeg

Hi Ace:

The OP is asking about the Costco Cally Hex Tour Softs as described in my post above.

Are those KSig's the original 4 pieces ones?.....I can't remember if it was the 2nd generation 4 piece or the 3 piece Ksigs that were manufactured in China...but they were terrible/garbage and Costco offered a full refund and I think one could keep the balls too.....the new 3 piece KSig's are ok...but lack distance off the tee....the reviews say so too.

Hmmmm.....as a 5 cap PLAYA.....I'm surprised you'd buy/play the Hex Soft or Superhot?....I thought it would be a premium urethane ball or nothing for you....and considering you find so many golf balls on your new course...I thought you wouldn't need to buy golf balls.

I have found some...IMO....I like the Hex Soft over the Cally Supersoft.....but would only play the Hex Soft in the winter on a cold and wet day.

Edited by Mr22putt

3 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

Hi Ace:

The OP is asking about the Costco Cally Hex Tour Softs as described in my post above.

Are those KSig's the original 4 pieces ones?.....I can't remember if it was the 2nd generation 4 piece or the 3 piece Ksigs that were manufactured in China...but they were terrible/garbage and Costco offered a full refund and I think one could keep the balls too.....the new 3 piece KSig's are ok...but lack distance off the tee....the reviews say so too.

Hmmmm.....as a 5 cap PLAYA.....I'm surprised you'd buy/play the Hex Soft or Superhot?....I thought it would be a premium urethane ball or nothing for you....and considering you find so many golf balls on your new course...I thought you wouldn't need to buy golf balls.

I have found some...IMO....I like the Hex Soft over the Cally Supersoft.....but would only play the Hex Soft in the winter on a cold and wet day.

I play AVX, ProV1 and TP5 now. Bought these balls from Costco during golf trips in Hawaii - expected to lose them all but miraculously didn’t 🙄

I have enough golf balls to last a lifetime!! 

4 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

I play AVX, ProV1 and TP5 now. Bought these balls from Costco during golf trips in Hawaii - expected to lose them all but miraculously didn’t 🙄

I have enough golf balls to last a lifetime!! 

Didn't you say if you try...you can hawk 12-24 golf balls a rd at your new course....female hawkers are really rare.

You Yanks luv everything YUGE...we bought a Costco BBQ chicken in Maui...the thing was the size of a turkey.

18 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Didn't you say if you try...you can hawk 12-24 golf balls a rd at your new course....female hawkers are really rare.

You Yanks luv everything YUGE...we bought a Costco BBQ chicken in Maui...the thing was the size of a turkey.

I am down to 6-12 per round now. And most are range balls🙄 I guess people feel they pay enough green fee already so they just play the range balls...

I am finding quite a few AVX every Saturday and they look new. It’s like an Easter egg hunt🤣

On 10/1/2020 at 8:24 PM, FlyingAce said:

I am down to 6-12 per round now. And most are range balls🙄 I guess people feel they pay enough green fee already so they just play the range balls...

finding quite a few AVX every Saturday and they look new. It’s like an Easter egg hunt🤣

Hi Ace:

Found another AVX yesterday....if we played together I'd give it to you.😁

Found some ProV1's too and some garbage balls but gave the lousy balls to my friend to lose...he was running out of golf balls....he lost 14 golf balls....... including 7 Bridgestone Tiger golf balls.....$35....lol.

I lost one Project (a)....but I found it...so it was free.....I won 17 skins.😁

Since being transferred out here in 1992....between corporate swag and finding 100's if not 1000's of golf balls including many premium urethane golf balls....I haven't bought golf balls out here.

We've had an amazing weather recently....very very difficult to find tee times....lots of courses aerating now but those courses are booked too...WTF.

Covid is the worst thing for golf....too many Pink Shirts playing golf now and price gouging on green fees and equipment...ugh.

19 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Of course you won 17 skins.  Of course the guy was playing Bridgestone Tiger balls... quite likely rated well over his swing speed.

He has the SS to play the Tiger ball...he just sprays the ball too much.

He was in a hurry, so forgot to load his bag with lousy golf balls....he doesn't like the course we play because he doesn't score well on it.

He ran out of lousy golf balls by the 11th and had to use his Tiger balls.....we had a long wait on 15...so I went hawking by the tee block and found 8 golf balls in the same area and gave him 3 lousy balls and he lost all 3....lol.

We got paired up with YUGE POSER and his dad....it was EPIC.....so hilarious....you had to be there...you would have laughed your a** off.,,,,there are so many golf POSER's....always great entertainment....I'm just too lazy to type out the details....it's always better to see it 1st hand....POSER's are the funniest guys to golf with.

QUESTION.....has anyone every played with a female POSER?....women are too smart to talk nonsense....I've played golf for 52 years and haven't met a woman even close to a POSER.....though I have heard 2 stories from friends who play with women who were complete b*tches.....ya read about them ever once in a while on some golf forums.

I left 4 skins on the table on 16....double carryover KP and I was 2" off the green.....for our KP's ya can't 3 jack and collect.

7 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

He was in a hurry, so forgot to load his bag with lousy golf balls....he doesn't like the course we play because he doesn't score well on it.

He ran out of lousy golf balls by the 11th and had to use his Tiger balls.....we had a long wait on 15...so I went hawking by the tee block and found 8 golf balls in the same area and gave him 3 lousy balls and he lost all 3....lol.

We got paired up with YUGE POSER and his dad....it was EPIC.....so hilarious....you had to be there...you would have laughed your a** off.,,,,there are so many golf POSER's....always great entertainment....I'm just too lazy to type out the details....it's always better to see it 1st hand....POSER's are the funniest guys to golf with.

QUESTION.....has anyone every played with a female POSER?....women are too smart to talk nonsense....I've played golf for 52 years and haven't met a woman even close to a POSER.....though I have heard 2 stories from friends who play with women who were complete b*tches.....ya read about them ever once in a while on some golf forums.

I left 4 skins on the table on 16....double carryover KP and I was 2" off the green.....for our KP's ya can't 3 jack and collect.

I have always wondered why it's KP and not CP.  Did the person who dreamt it up not know how to spell?

I once played with an ANTI-POSER.  Cut off shorts, old t-shirt, barefoot.  Humble.  He shot a smooth and easy 67 on a par 72.  My mistake was playing him for money 'cause he looked like an easy mark.

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I have always wondered why it's KP and not CP.  Did the person who dreamt it up not know how to spell?

I once played with an ANTI-POSER.  Cut off shorts, old t-shirt, barefoot.  Humble.  He shot a smooth and easy 67 on a par 72.  My mistake was playing him for money 'cause he looked like an easy mark.

The KP version I hate is when ya get a chance at the KP and ya 3 jack....you therefore get punished and have to pay the other 3 guys skins for your failed KP.

So did the ANTI-POSER ask you to gamble?....that would be an obvious sign of a hustler.

There are a few courses here that attract hillbillies but I can't think of a course in Bellingham that would be hillbilly city.....full length course....ya can't count in executive courses.

I like the courses there.....except I find N. Bellingham a bit boring......I rarely crossed the border to play in the last 20 years...I did so more in the 90's

10 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

The KP version I hate is when ya get a chance at the KP and ya 3 jack....you therefore get punished and have to pay the other 3 guys skins for your failed KP.

So did the ANTI-POSER ask you to gamble?....that would be an obvious sign of a hustler.

There are a few courses here that attract hillbillies but I can't think of a course in Bellingham that would be hillbilly city.....full length course....ya can't count in executive courses.

I like the courses there.....except I find N. Bellingham a bit boring......I rarely crossed the border to play in the last 20 years...I did so more in the 90's

Yes, the ANTI-POSER asked me if I wanted to play for a little money.  I was young and naive.  But he was young, too.  I only lost half a day's pay to him.  This was at a course in Miami (apparently without a dress code) that actually hosted the Miami Open... winners being Sam Snead, Gene Sarazen, etc.  Long before I got there.  

3 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

What’s a poser? I’d love to hear your story😅

57 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

What’s a poser? I’d love to hear your story😅

Hi Ace:

Young lady...you gotta get out more....LOL...I can't believe you have never met a POSER......oh I forgot.....no one wanted to play golf with you at your old club.....with all your crazy stories about the NM golfers....surely you have played with some POSER's.

Look at the definition of POSER in the link below.

A golf POSER is someone who talks a big game but has no game.....they talk a lot of how far they can hit the ball and all their drivers are 320+ yards....yet they really only hit it maybe 190 yards tops....they are all DELUSIONAL.....IMO....basically all vanity cappers are POSER's.

The POSER yesterday told my friend many times....I guess he thought my friend was gullible...the POSER just got his driver extended to 48" last week....his dad said he can hit it 280+ yards.....this POSER hit 8 drives maybe 15-50 yards....high pop up left balls lost into the woods...LMAO....like foul balls in baseball.......and put many dummy marks on his Callaway Epic driver....his longest drive was maybe 180 yards and was hooked into the woods....he only played 1/2 the time......mostly driving the cart....I'm too lazy to type some of the other stuff he said...they were all EPIC.

The POSER told my friend he drove the green on the 14th hole from the blues last week....it's 362 yards....LMAO.

Lots of POSER's play PXG😁

I love seeing all the POSER's at the range....all decked out in the latest golf fashion.....and $5000+ of the newest and greatest OEM sticks....hitting their shots maybe 100 yards.

So do you have any POSER's stories?

You'd have a great time golfing with me....I'd have you laughing for 4 hours with all my crazy stories....my friend has better stories too.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=posers

Edited by Mr22putt

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Yes, the ANTI-POSER asked me if I wanted to play for a little money.  I was young and naive.  But he was young, too.  I only lost half a day's pay to him.  This was at a course in Miami (apparently without a dress code) that actually hosted the Miami Open... winners being Sam Snead, Gene Sarazen, etc.  Long before I got there.  

I call it STUPID.😁

Hello McFly...a guy walks up and looks like a peasant and wants to gamble????...LMAO.

I might have played Miami G&CC....in January 1978.....I skipped 2 weeks of HS....I think my dad wanted someone to share the driving...LOL....we used to live in Hamilton, Ont.......to play golf for 2 weeks in Florida.....I really like playing there and watching all the planes flying over head....I didn't know of the history of the course.

4 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

Hi Ace:

Young lady...you gotta get out more....LOL...I can't believe you have never met a POSER......oh I forgot.....no one wanted to play golf with you at your old club.....with all your crazy stories about the NM golfers....surely you have played with some POSER's.

Look at the definition of POSER in the link below.

A golf POSER is someone who talks a big game but has no game.....they talk a lot of how far they can hit the ball and all their drivers are 320+ yards....yet they really only hit it maybe 190 yards tops....they are all DELUSIONAL.....IMO....basically all vanity cappers are POSER's.

The POSER yesterday told my friend many times....I guess he thought my friend was gullible...the POSER just got his driver extended to 48" last week....his dad said he can hit it 280+ yards.....this POSER hit 8 drives maybe 15-50 yards....high pop up left balls lost into the woods...LMAO....like foul balls in baseball.......and put many dummy marks on his Callaway Epic driver....his longest drive was maybe 180 yards and was hooked into the woods....he only played 1/2 the time......mostly driving the cart....I'm too lazy to type some of the other stuff he said...they were all EPIC.

The POSER told my friend he drove the green on the 14th hole from the blues last week....it's 362 yards....LMAO.

Lots of POSER's play PXG😁

I love seeing all the POSER's at the range....all decked out in the latest golf fashion.....and $5000+ of the newest and greatest OEM sticks....hitting their shots maybe 100 yards.

So do you have any POSER's stories?

You'd have a great time golfing with me....I'd have you laughing for 4 hours with all my crazy stories....my friend has better stories too.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=posers

I did meet and play with this guy recently who talked nothing about his game but hit a mile from the tips. I have never seen anyone hit that far and that accurately, AND is humble about it.

I have played behind plenty of guys who played from the wrong tees, barely made it on the fairway, then get all excited about their “350yd drives”...

The female golfers I know don’t talk much about their game or how far they hit. They like to gossip about something else. But...I have met a gazillion female skiers who are posers!!!!! I am in a couple skier forums where we actually do meet up to ski together. Most from the women forum think they are higher levels than what they really are! I kid you not! They all claim they are advanced/expert level skiers and yet when I finally skied with them, I realized they are, at best, advanced beginners. Oh my...but not a single male skier I have met claimed to be more than what they really are.