IGNORED

Will Jordan Spieth Come Back?

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He certainly has the right attitude.
“It’s not incredibly enjoyable,’’ he said. “But I’ll grind it out. I don’t ever give up. I have no reason to. I’m here.’’

Jordan-Spieth.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w

Where have you gone, Jordan Spieth? What happened to the guy who won three major championships before his 22nd birthday, ascended to No. 1 in...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Like him or hate him, I enjoyed seeing JS and JT having it out in the top 10. Really hope  to see him get it back together.

Its like Wolfe and Morikawa. What a great competition that could make.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, uitar9 said:

Like him or hate him, I enjoyed seeing JS and JT having it out in the top 10. Really hope  to see him get it back together.

Its like Wolfe and Morikawa. What a great competition that could make.

We're basically never going to have any real rivalries again because there are too many other people who will jump up into the mix.

The days of Jack vs. Arnie or Jack vs. Tom Watson are long gone.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, iacas said:

We're basically never going to have any real rivalries again because there are too many other people who will jump up into the mix.

The days of Jack vs. Arnie or Jack vs. Tom Watson are long gone.

Hard to play at the level Tiger played at for as long as he did.  Everyone seems to think the next young gun to win a major is gonna rattle of 10-12 of them over the next 15 years... it's clearly not that easy.  Once Tiger started to stumble, Rory was "next".  Then Jordan... then JT, now Collin and Wolff and Bryson.  Someday the game of golf will likely see another Tiger, but right now, there's just entirely to much young hungry talent.  But they get hot, then cool off, then get hot again whereas Tiger just... didn't cool off for 12 years or so.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

A comment from earlier this year by Hank Haney ..

“I can show you player after player statistically,” Haney said.  “At one time on Tour, he (Spieth) was second in strokes gained tee-to-green. To get back to that number, it would take him at least three years, if it’s even possible.”

Currently, Jordan Spieth is 155th in strokes gained tee to green. Haney suggested that an “incredible” three-year progression might be 100th in strokes gained tee to green at the end of this year, 30th or 40th next year and 10th the following. But Haney said it is just going to take some time.

“You don’t go from 155th like to top 10,” Hank Haney concluded. “It doesn’t happen.  It’s never happened ever.

Will he come back? It feels to me he is reverting to the mean. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

I've flipped.

Time to find a new coach. As of roughly 365 days ago. 🙂

You win, @Vinsk.

And no, that new coach isn't Butch, though JS spent an hour or two with him before the CJ Cup.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I've flipped.

Time to find a new coach. As of roughly 365 days ago. 🙂

You win, @Vinsk.

And no, that new coach isn't Butch, though JS spent an hour or two with him before the CJ Cup.

Do you think Gankas would be a possible match?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Do you think Gankas would be a possible match?

No.

Erik, fix him 😜

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Erik, fix him 😜

I'm starting to think the lack of slow-mo video from recent years and good camera angles isn't a coincidence?

6 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm starting to think the lack of slow-mo video from recent years and good camera angles isn't a coincidence?

Not sure how much is known or you know, but what change/changes did he make? I know he was trying to pick up an extra yard or two. 

Vishal S.

My guess....  No.

He's lost in a forest and can't see the road back.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

On 1/1/2021 at 8:11 PM, iacas said:

No.

Haha. Why not?

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

4 minutes ago, mdl said:

Haha. Why not?

You gotta understand when Erik gives a one word answer. He knows there’s some opinion involved and some facts. Being that Erik is very educated in golf instruction and I am not, a simple ‘no’ means ...’no’ and no need to elaborate. 😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You gotta understand when Erik gives a one word answer. He knows there’s some opinion involved and some facts. Being that Erik is very educated in golf instruction and I am not, a simple ‘no’ means ...’no’ and no need to elaborate. 😃

I can elaborate, I just sometimes don’t want to.

44 minutes ago, mdl said:

Haha. Why not?

Why would George be a “good fit”? Because he’s a “hot” instructor right now? What about GG makes him a good fit to take over with Jordan Spieth? What problem does Jordan have that George can fix?

So, I’ll turn it back around on you: why GG?

1 minute ago, iacas said:

What about GG makes him a good fit to take over with Jordan Spieth? What problem does Jordan have that George can fix?

Perhaps Jordan needs more of a EMBH attitude lol

Note: This thread is 766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!