Sign in to follow this  
PerfectStriking

More Fun To Hit It Perfectly Or Score Well?

Which is more fun?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is it more enjoyable to strike the ball perfectly or score well?

59 posts / 3716 viewsLast Reply

Sure, "perfect" ball striking is satisfying, but you can achieve that in practice, on the course or at the range and go home happy.

The goal of the game is to shoot the lowest score: it doesn't matter how one arrives at it. Having a good ball striking day may make it easier (perhaps a lot easier!). I love "boring" golf (fairways and greens)... but I'd rather scrape together a lower score while grinding it and making up and downs from everywhere than having the best ball striking day.

The last time I checked, there were still no pictures on the scorecard!  :whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I am hitting the ball well I don’t worry about the score.

Most of my blow up holes I can attribute to one or two really bad shots, usually tee shot or second shot. Eliminate several of those and my score would of course go way down.

Some great replies in this topic, got to thinking about the whole driving range thing and realised why I dislike the range so much, I've never enjoyed even one shot on the driving range as I just can't get the satisfaction of a great shot, I just don't know if it is a great shot or not, maybe it's just me. I think I just enjoy the shot making on the course - if and a when it happens.