ChetlovesMer

I Wonder Why More People Don't Buy Clubs Like This Guy

16 posts / 1595 viewsLast Reply

So, because it rains every freaking day around here. I’ve been spending a fair amount of time on the range. (Yes, they have some covered bays)

Anyway, I get to know the “range rats” pretty well. One guy is all smiles last night with his brand new irons and driver. He has a set of Wilson D300 irons; they are brand new. He lets me hit them. They are almost boring. Every shot I hit high and dead straight. “How much did these set you back?” I ask. He says he got them when they went on sale at Rock Bottom Golf for $250.00. “Pretty cool.” I say.

“Check out my new driver.” He suggests. He has a Taylormade RBZ Black, also brand new. Turns out he got that for under $150 at Dick’s sporting goods annual golf sale. So this guy got a brand new set of irons, and a brand new driver all for under $400. I have to say I was impressed.

What’s my point? You may ask. Okay, I have 2 points.

1 – You can fill your bag with quality, brand new stuff if you are patient and shop around.

2 – Why on Earth aren’t more people using the Wilson D300 irons? Hold on, hold on, before all of you low handicappers jump down my back about shaping shots around trees and flighting shots high and low etc…. I’m not talking about you. I’m talking about the high handicappers who just want to hit high straight iron shots. From my (albeit brief test) of the D300’s they could not be easier to hit high and straight. For the price these seem like a no brainer. Even if you weren’t getting them on sales at Rock Bottom, they are still really inexpensive and if you wait for the sales at Rock Bottom, well…

Now I know that you should get your irons and your driver fit for you, but I’ve read that 80% of more golfers don’t do that. Anyhow, point of my post is there are great deals to be had. My other point is if you are a high handicapper looking for a set or irons that won’t break your bank give the Wilson D300’s a look.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Amen brother or sister ☺️

To many golf snobs.  I love watching some of the used club/old club challenges on Youtube by some of the reviewers and they still hit great shots.  It is the still and always will be the Indian and not the arrow.  Now if you are scratch or better then yes, you probably need every bit of help you can muster to take off one more shot.  Us normal golfers, nothing really can help us except for better training and physical fitness.

Just my opinion.

32 minutes ago, colin007 said:

If they're not Miuras forged from the heart of a supernova and cooled with the tears of virgin dragons, they ain't for me

You forgot about the grips made from the finest unicorn leather. 

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

You forgot about the grips made from the finest unicorn leather. 

Those are a bit slick for me. I prefer the Himalayan yak scrotum.

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Those are a bit slick for me. I prefer the Himalayan yak scrotum.

Ah yes, for those high humidity days. 

I'm waiting for some irons made from depleted uranium, with ultra lightweight shafts made from carbon nanotubes and grips of preserved mammoth leather.
A driver constructed with a body made from Vibranium and the face of Unobtainium.

Actually, as someone who has played Hogan irons since about 1979, I think it might be time to find a new company that makes irons that I could play.

Driver head outfitted w/rocket engines, yo.

I always am on the lookout for club deals and if you're patient, can get some great finds. 

17 hours ago, colin007 said:

If they're not Miuras forged from the heart of a supernova and cooled with the tears of virgin dragons, they ain't for me

How about a new driver..........

Image result for Thor's Hammer Mjolnir

3 hours ago, IowaGreg said:

Mjolnir...it is MINE!!

No joke, I had a job grading state exams a few years ago, came across a test with the legal name Thor Hammer. Kid's parents had named him Thor Hammer.

I tired to find this thread soon after the original post.    A few days after/before/around this time frame, Group Golfer was selling a new full set of these Wilson 300.   Just another marketing tool.   

Now where's the snob thread?

22 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Driver head outfitted w/rocket engines, yo.

I always am on the lookout for club deals and if you're patient, can get some great finds. 

@dennyjones posted a thread that you should read/watch if you are interested in just such a thing

1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

@dennyjones posted a thread that you should read/watch if you are interested in just such a thing

He has seen it.   I watched it again.   It's a great video.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:27 AM, IowaGreg said:

Needs some lead tape.

I believe the vast majority of us "normal size" average golfers can take advantage of the buys you have described above. However I have a playing partner who is 6'5" 250 lbs. and should be fitted for longer clubs but he doesn't, go figure. He plays "standard" off the rack clubs and then wonders why he has trouble hitting his irons. He'll never learn.