CCC

100 Swings Every Day

12 posts / 3302 viewsLast Reply

100 swings every day, when I don't play a round.

I'm using the Orange Whip Light Speed and the Trainer. Any club will do.

I'm trying to get better.

Edited by CCC

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

53 minutes ago, CCC said:

If you’re doing this every day you could join the ‘5 minutes practice every day’ challenge. I apparently don’t have the discipline to remember to post my sessions daily despite doing something swing related every single day.....

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

If you’re doing this every day you could join the ‘5 minutes practice every day’ challenge. I apparently don’t have the discipline to remember to post my sessions daily despite doing something swing related every single day.....

I wouldn't worry too much about your lack of discipline. I have posted over there for a few hundred consectutive days. It tends to get a little boring.....lol

On 4/27/2019 at 12:29 AM, Vinsk said:

page forums GIF

On 4/27/2019 at 12:29 AM, Vinsk said:

That's why I don't post in that thread.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:34 PM, CCC said:

Used to think this 5 years ago and until about that time started practicing 5 minutes a day following my instructors directions by watching myself in the mirror and carefully monitoring my body positions at each key point, did I actually improve my swing.

It takes a lot of focus and concentration at first to get things right. Otherwise, you’re just swinging a heavy and floppy club like instrument.

Edited by Lihu

And I'm spitting after every swing. Are you? 🙂

I followed his lead and since april i made 100 swings each day (or in decimal system 4 swings each day) when I didn´t play a round.
I don´t know were i went wrong but my handicap is higher now! Haha

PD- Nevermind, i´m a fraud! i don´t even made 1 swing in the last 3 months away from the course. Shame on me! 😄

Edited by p1n9183

I can see the merits in 100 swings a day. Not something I do very often. If I were younger, with lots of time for improvement in front of me, I would do this. 

I get atleast 56 swings in every day I don't play. About 1/2+ of those, most of the time, are full swings. 

When I play, counting warm ups, I get about 50+ full swings in. 

So, I would estimate, on average,  I get around 40 full swings with various club every day, during the year.

I think 100 swings a day is a Hank Haney mantra...not positive about that but in any case one thing I always wondered about (I don't do it) is, is it 100 swings hitting a ball? (In other words, a bucket of balls at the range.) If it is, I get it, if it isn't, if it's just 100 swings, I would think it would need to be 100 good swings and without a ball how do you know if they are or they aren't? Without some kind of feedback how do you know if you're not just ingraining into your muscle memory some God awful fault?

Just wonderin'

Edited by xrayvizhen