IGNORED

2019 PGA Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

His math is bad. It's 11.2.

For handicap purposes yes. But he did shoot at least 15.1 strokes under the rating par of the course.
An scratch player at best could shoot around 3..4 under. That´s a hugh difference and i think the soul of the post. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, p1n9183 said:

For handicap purposes yes. But he did shoot at least 15.1 strokes under the rating par of the course.

When you write down the course rating and slope, you're talking about the differential for that round. 

I understand the "soul" of the post. +11.2 is still nuts, consider Tiger was +7.9 during some of his best years.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

When you write down the course rating and slope, you're talking about the differential for that round. 

I understand the "soul" of the post. +11.2 is still nuts, consider Tiger was +7.9 during some of his best years.

Perfect example of how counter-intuitive the handicapping system is for plus handicaps. If slope had the same impact on an under par round as it did for one over par, Koepka's differential would have been something like +20.

Really, slope shouldn't be factored in at all when you get below par, but it's OT for this thread.

Kudos to Brooks for an awesome round.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Big C said:

Really, slope shouldn't be factored in at all when you get below par, but it's OT for this thread.

Yes it should. You can google why, but it makes sense.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes it should. You can google why, but it makes sense.

It really doesn’t though. At its core, the calculation tells us that an excellent round shot on a very difficult course is less impressive than an identical round on a very easy course. 

Now I’m open to learning something I hadn’t thought about before and I did a google search in good faith on the topic. But I didn’t find anything that changed my mind. In fact, a few of the top hits were articles that criticized the USGA for this backwards calculation. 

That said, if there is a specific article or link you are referring to, I would be open to reading it.

I predict a correction on the part of this Koepka fellow, during the second half of tomorrow's round.  I dare say that his game is suspect in several areas, especially his short game.  I predict that Tiger will shoot 3 under tomorrow, as his driving game will be more astute.  

Several years ago I played Bethpage and shot a smooth 76.  I'm an excellent ball striker and had it not been for another annoying playing partner I have no doubt I would have shot par or better.  It's a difficult course to walk but I'm in very good physical condition.  

This shall be an interesting tournament to watch.  I do not believe that Koepka will win.  I'm usually right on these matters.   

1 minute ago, famousdavis said:

I predict a correction on the part of this Koepka fellow, during the second half of tomorrow's round.  I dare say that his game is suspect in several areas, especially his short game.  I predict that Tiger will shoot 3 under tomorrow, as his driving game will be more astute.  

Several years ago I played Bethpage and shot a smooth 76.  I'm an excellent ball striker and had it not been for another annoying playing partner I have no doubt I would have shot par or better.  It's a difficult course to walk but I'm in very good physical condition.  

This shall be an interesting tournament to watch.  I do not believe that Koepka will win.  I'm usually right on these matters.   

Lol.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

Every time a person mentions (yells) 3 or more positive things about themselves they are then obligated to share one negative with the rest of us.  Just for some sort of balance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Every time a person mentions (yells) 3 or more positive things about themselves they are then obligated to share one negative with the rest of us.  Just for some sort of balance.

I believe Koepka's current position and his ability to maintain or improve upon it is untenable.  I shall not waiver from my conviction on this matter.  We must be careful not to throw out the baby with the bath water.  

I agree with your statement.  Koepka is somewhat self absorbed in that he only remarks on his positive attributes.  He would be well advised to throw his audience a bone with a few negatives.  Yes, lob out a spicy niblick to keep the chaps upright.  

I'm going to make a statement.

Tiger's round was messy due to rust. Brooks' shooting 63 in the same group didn't help the cause of Tiger winning the Slam, however. His two doubles were definitely avoidable. His putting needs some fine-tuning. 

Tiger will bounce back with a solid 67 or so tomorrow. Brooks is NOT shooting 63 again tomorrow.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

4 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

I believe Koepka's current position and his ability to maintain or improve upon it is untenable.  I shall not waiver from my conviction on this matter.  We must be careful not to throw out the baby with the bath water.  

I agree with your statement.  Koepka is somewhat self absorbed in that he only remarks on his positive attributes.  He would be well advised to throw his audience a bone with a few negatives.  Yes, lob out a spicy niblick to keep the chaps upright.  

Ah Famous, I went back and read several of your posts from years back.  You are a piece of work but you do have good grammar.

1 minute ago, onthehunt526 said:

I'm going to make a statement.

Tiger's round was messy due to rust. Brooks' shooting 63 in the same group didn't help the cause of Tiger winning the Slam, however. His two doubles were definitely avoidable. His putting needs some fine-tuning. 

Tiger will bounce back with a solid 67 or so tomorrow. Brooks is NOT shooting 63 again tomorrow.

I think Tiger will be ready for Pebble. Not to say he’s not taking this major seriously, but I think there’s a letdown feel to it. He hasn’t played competitively in over a month. I wouldn’t be surprised if he struggles a bit tomorrow too and fights for the cut.

As for Koepka slipping up, I don’t know what evidence there is of that given he has two wins and a second in his last 4 majors. I hope he slips so it lets more guys into it, but I wouldn’t be the least surprised if he keeps pushing forward. This course is made for him.

4 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

Koepka is somewhat self absorbed in that he only remarks on his positive attributes.

Yeah, you trying to top Brooks on that matter?

My statement: Brooks gonna win.

40 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

Great stuff. Very funny.

Edited by PeaceFrogg
sp

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

In honor of tonight's final episode I submit that Brooks Kripke will win the PGA Championship.

More proof he only shows up for majors.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

In honor of tonight's final episode I submit that Brooks Kripke will win the PGA Championship.

That's what you think, Coopa.

Edited by PeaceFrogg
sp

One of my greatest attributes (and there are many) is that I have the ability to take the long view.  Whilst others on this and every other forum were quick to write Tiger off, I was sitting in my Harvey Livingston custom leather recliner with scotch in hand, patiently waiting for his predictable resurgence.  Sure enough, I was there to scoff at others in the men's grill as they were aghast, whilst watching Tiger prevail at the Masters.  

This Koepka fellow's game has it's flaws and I suspect these shall be revealed during tomorrow and Saturday's round.  I have my reservations about the bloke's deportment, in that his smuggy blandness can only be compared to that of an overdone filet.  

Mark my words, gents.  This battle is not over.  

Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!