IGNORED

2019 PGA Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

46 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

What may separate Koepka from Rory, Jordan and DJ is he’s mentally strong. This is why I think he could win 6+ majors. I just don’t know if his “muscle man” style will work later in his career. He may have 6-7 years of top level play before he tapers off some. 

You need to go to the gym if you think BK is a "muscle man."  He's strong no doubt, but "muscle man," come on bro.  He's simply training as a professional athlete should train.  I'm not a pro athlete and I lift heavy things because it's good for you.

Go read LSW.  Speed kills.  Look at strokes gained too while you're at it.  Tiger can play deep at this level later in life because he has speed.  As he ages, he will lose speed but has speed to give to remain competitive for a little while.  I mean at 43, he's still well above tour average in speed and ball speed.  If you never have speed, you have nothing to give and will fizzle out quicker.

Edited by ncates00

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Huh, tickets are not crazy expensive. Assuming this is on the up and up.

usatsi_12706304.jpg?w=640

The sun is out. Tiger Woods, Brooks Koepka and Francesco Molinari are on the course. A great field has returned to storied Bethpage. Yet The Forecaddie was shocked to see $110 face value tickets go…

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.33.19 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Muscle man? He's not huge, and it looks like he has a big frame. Don't go all Chamblee on us with this overworking out stuff 😉

Koepka's Strokes Gained (2014 thru 2018): 21st, 15th, 12th, 13th, 12th,

He's pretty consistent, and he tends to do well in Majors. Maybe he focuses on not winning every tournament and tries to focus his energy on the Majors more so. I wouldn't call that being more mentally strong. A person can only have a certain amount of focus and energy driven towards winning before they burn out.

To win at Shinnecock the way he did and then stay focused when everyone is rooting against you and for Tiger at Bellerive, you have to be mentally strong. He kind of admitted the other day he doesn't take the other tournaments as serious as he does the majors. I do think if he did, he'd win more. But if I had the choice of being Dustin Johnson or Brooks Koepka right now, I'd take Koepka. I'll take the majors...and the girl.

By the way, lost in all of this is the fact Jordan Spieth is -5 and is going for the Grand Slam. He has a real shot at it if Koepka doesn't hit the gas pedal today. Seems like he's found his game. 

On 5/16/2019 at 8:00 AM, David in FL said:

Mine has been perfect.

I probably shouldn’t say anything, or I’m gonna risk retribution from the streaming gods!

Mine was terrible on the website stream but then i noticed they have a Roku channel, and once i installed it the streaming through it was fine.  

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

4 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Mine was terrible on the website stream but then i noticed they have a Roku channel, and once i installed it the streaming through it was fine.  

Wait, wat? Roku Channel?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Wait, wat? Roku Channel?

go look

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

There's an ATV app too. Totally forgot about streaming devices.

Steve

I saw him on the range Tuesday. It was funny how his name wouldn't fit on the name plate sign thingy.

Steve

2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Ok...who the heck is Jazz Janewattatandondawan???

He was a cousin of Jar Jar Binks. He was to become a Jedi but turned to the Dark Side after a deal went wrong with General Grievous. Rumor has it he does repairs on small fighter ships and sells power converters on the side.

• Like 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

He better damn well know who Mingus, Blakey and Coltrane are.

Steve

16 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

He was a cousin of Jar Jar Binks. He was to become a Jedi but turned to the Dark Side after a deal went wrong with General Grievous. Rumor has it he does repairs on small fighter ships and sells power converters on the side.

Haha there’s a couple “who’s who” up there like Jazzy boy below the big names. Like Mike Lorenzo-Vera Erik Van Royen and Bronson Brogoon. 

Edited by ChrisP

1 minute ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Brooks should have been cast as the new Batman instead of that Twilight douche. 

I could not believe that when I read it. Seriously......can we not get a normal hero-type actor?? First Afflac, and now Sparkles.....jeez man

Oh my god, the gallery is horrible.  Let the guy play.

The cameras were going off well before his backswing even.

terrible

2nd hole....god, I really hate this gallery.  loudmouths

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

No player has ever shot better than a 69 after a first round 63. The way this first hole is going, Koepka could have his eyes set on breaking that number. He is still dialed in.

Note: This thread is 1793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!