IGNORED

2019 PGA Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don’t know how to post sound clips...but Colin Cowherd nailed it with Koepka. I completely agree. Total bore.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I don’t know how to post sound clips...but Colin Cowherd nailed it with Koepka. I completely agree. Total bore.

There may be some subtle irony here I'm missing, as I haven't heard the sound clip you mentioned.

If not: what would Koepka have to do to no longer be boring, and become interesting?

1 hour ago, Aflighter said:

Don't have much faith in Scott.Takes a major champion to beat a major champion in a major.

Who won the 2013 Masters in your universe?

• Like 3

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Tiger: ‘Ok kids...daddy showed you how I win a major...now I’m gonna show you how to utterly blow one up.’

Minor edit required. If you are referring to the 2019 Master's, Eldrick did not "win" that tournament, Molinari gave it to him with his waterball on the 12th, (think Speith/Willet). Francisco had a lock, and only his poor shot on 12 moved Eldrick into the winners circle. Had Francisco made the green in regulation, he would have won.The leg humpers at the Golf Channel have waxed ad nauseum about Eldrick catching Jack. Ain't gonna happen....Eldrick didn't "blow one up." He is where he usually is on Friday...right on the cut line, or in this case, below.

Koepka is a stud...Eldrick is yesterday.

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

Does Koepka dip/chew? Or does he just have fat chipmunk cheeks?

Not sure, I saw him spitting a lot. If it's tobacco, it's pretty nasty and ironic considering he constantly talk about how he eats great, works out, etc. Hopefully, it's just gum.

Personally, I don't think the PGA should allow it's players to chew tobacco or smoke on the course. Not to sound like an old man, but it sets a terrible example to kids. Do whatever you want once not on TV.

Edited by chspeed
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ping said:

Minor edit required. If you are referring to the 2019 Master's, Eldrick did not "win" that tournament, Molinari gave it to him with his waterball on the 12th, (think Speith/Willet). Francisco had a lock, and only his poor shot on 12 moved Eldrick into the winners circle. Had Francisco made the green in regulation, he would have won.The leg humpers at the Golf Channel have waxed ad nauseum about Eldrick catching Jack. Ain't gonna happen....Eldrick didn't "blow one up." He is where he usually is on Friday...right on the cut line, or in this case, below.

I have neither your disdain for Tiger, nor others' undying love for him.

By your logic, my own childhood hero, Nick Faldo, was pretty much gifted every major he ever won. But they're still his green jackets, and his name on the Claret Jug.

Willett won his green jacket, and so did Tiger this year (and ever other year he added one to his locker in Augusta).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Duuuuuude

After today, do you really even want one?!   :-D 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

On 5/17/2019 at 8:33 AM, sofingaw said:

But remember of course, Brooks doesn’t have to shoot 63 tomorrow. Anything around, or especially anything under par keeps him in a great position. Brooks shoots 66-70, and he’s still likely pulling away from the field some.

Tiger is the one who needs the low round at some point. 

Heres to hoping he gets it! 🍺

Well, we were half right. No Tiger bounce back, but Brooks pulled away with a merely ‘solid’ round..

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Aflighter said:

I believe its gonna be a 3 man race but in reality maybe just 2 man race.Don't have much faith in Scott.Takes a major champion to beat a major champion in a major.Speith may be the only one that can get hot and possibly put some fear in Brooks.

Scott isn’t a major winner?

37 minutes ago, Ping said:

Minor edit required. If you are referring to the 2019 Master's, Eldrick did not "win" that tournament, Molinari gave it to him with his waterball on the 12th, (think Speith/Willet). Francisco had a lock.

No. Tiger won it.

Nobody is a lock on the back nine at Augusta.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

50 minutes ago, Ping said:

Molinari lost by two. If he hits GIR, how does that equate to him winning?

28 minutes ago, iacas said:

No. Tiger won it.

Nobody is a lock on the back nine at Augusta.

Blah, blah, blah...!

;-)

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, ScouseJohnny said:

If not: what would Koepka have to do to no longer be boring, and become interesting?

Well to each his own. I think he tries to be low key where it comes natural to DJ. I think he actually wants to be the talk all over but at the same time tries to be mysterious and elusive. He probably has more to say than he forces himself not to. He’s dull, zero emotion...’Me play golf...me go to gym.’ His personality reminds me of Ryan Lochte. Outside of his talent he really doesn’t have much to say unless it’s about going to the gym.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Sorry to see Tiger miss the cut;  that really diminished his chances of winning the grand slam this calendar year. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, Ping said:

Yeah you’re way off. If 4 of the top golfers made the same error, it’s not a gift. It’s a high pressure shot that they choked on. And hitting the ball in the water on a par 3 isn’t a rare mistake. A rare mistake is what Faldo got to win against Hoch. It’s very rare for a pro to miss a 2’ putt to win the Masters. It’s rare for the top golfer to blow a six shot lead. Both of which occurred for Faldo. Those were pure gifts. Tiger wins the Masters a month ago and you say he’s yesterday. That’s asinine.

1 hour ago, Ping said:

Well, that's probably the most ridiculous statement in this whole thread. Everyone who has ever played competitive golf, or competitive anything for that matter, knows that in order to win, the other person has to do something to lose. One person does something well, and the other person does it less well, makes a mistake, misses a putt, hits it in the trees, the water, etc. Tiger won the Masters fair and square and that's that.. This week he sucked (relatively speaking.) I don't know how he thought he could compete without playing a competitive round in a month. He said he wasn't feeling well. OK, I'll buy that. Hopefully he'll play a tournament or two before Pebble and get his driving straightened out.

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

19 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Tiger wins the Masters a month ago and you say he’s yesterday. That’s asinine.

That’s harsh. It’s an opinion. One I agree with. Tiger is still great, but his prime is way behind him. Maybe his win at the Master’s was like Jack’s last win there. Maybe he’ll have one or two more, who knows, but there’s little doubt that Koepka is in his prime, and that for the foreseeable future, he’ll be the logical favorite over Tiger anyday

Note: This thread is 1797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!