IGNORED

2019 PGA Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

That rough is RIDICULOUS!!! is that how it usually is for the peons? I was going to play there last year but we got rained out, I'm not sure I can play a course like that. 

Actually in person, the first cut, it doesn't look too bad. At least compared to the USO. 

Another thing I noticed is watching DeChambeau on the range, usually with most players I've seen their swing on TV, it looks about the same in person, but there were subtleties to his swing that I didn't notice from video I did live, like the weird angle of his right elbow at setup. Saw Dan Carraher (took a lesson from him once) with Julian Suri, nice to see his student doing well.

Got to see Woods go through the whole range routine but didn't stick around to watch him play, tired and wanted to avoid rush hour, plus it was cold, should have bought a woolie.

The course does not set up well for spectating, at least imho, a lot of tees are inaccessible and cut off from the fans. I said the same for Shinnecock last year. I'm glad I went though, but even if you paid me, like a lot, I wouldn't go for more. Unless you helicopter me in and I get behind the ropes. If you are going and want a close up view, 6 and 14 tees are your best bet.

Concession stands not much choice - burgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, club sandwiches. Boring. The US Open, the tennis one, has so much better food.

The player locator feature of the PGA app? It's not good. Not accurate.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, I saw this guy yucking it up.

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger dissed Daly on the cart: "I walked with a broken leg, so..." Tiger said.

hi-res-34cb3e30fa554dd91e8fc0c2904f3a74_

Tiger Woods hesitated during his PGA Championship press conference Tuesday before he appeared to criticize the PGA of America's decision to...

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Probably a lot better during the actual rounds, Steven. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

32 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Actually in person, the first cut, it doesn't look too bad. At least compared to the USO. 

Another thing I noticed is watching DeChambeau on the range, usually with most players I've seen their swing on TV, it looks about the same in person, but there were subtleties to his swing that I didn't notice from video I did live, like the weird angle of his right elbow at setup. Saw Dan Carraher (took a lesson from him once) with Julian Suri, nice to see his student doing well.

Got to see Woods go through the whole range routine but didn't stick around to watch him play, tired and wanted to avoid rush hour, plus it was cold, should have bought a woolie.

The course does not set up well for spectating, at least imho, a lot of tees are inaccessible and cut off from the fans. I said the same for Shinnecock last year. I'm glad I went though, but even if you paid me, like a lot, I wouldn't go for more. Unless you helicopter me in and I get behind the ropes. If you are going and want a close up view, 6 and 14 tees are your best bet.

Concession stands not much choice - burgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, club sandwiches. Boring. The US Open, the tennis one, has so much better food.

I was walking by the practice ground and stopped to see who was there. Then tiger showed up 30 seconds later. We stayed and watched him hit short wedges for about 5 minutes. Then my chaperone had to leave. 

Mom super pleased with how my son did today. We are having dinner now and he just asked me if we could play golf after dinner. Success!

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Probably a lot better during the actual rounds, Steven. 😄

It was functioning though. About half the players it displayed did show up. And there were player locator boards throughout the course, so someone was doing the updating, might as well reflect it accurately in the app.

Steve

Anyone know who this is?

Steve

I think Brooks K was right when he said, "he's only gotta beat about 35 guys" (or something like that). If one of the long hitters has a good week with the driver......could be pretty easy. Looks like we are gonna get the US Open in May. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Someone may wanna remind cbssports that Bethpage is a par 70. Several of their articles, including their predictions this morning, refer to it as a par 71. 

Steve

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Quoted this to say "is this Matt Fitzpatrick?" then saw the note underneath it that says "Fitzpatrick?" - so I'm going to say yes that's him.

Koepka's dinner menu:

Garcia wants his announcement. He needs his announcement. I got a Green Jacket dammit!

• Like 1

Steve

This was a good read. Yeah, it's the NY Post, but I did not know the story behind the sign. Boss of the place saw a guy teaching his wife and 4 empty holes ahead and argument ensues with group behind. Does not surprise me. Still happens on the other courses though.

sign.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

-WARNING- The Black Course Is An Extremely Difficult Course Which We Recommend Only For Highly Skilled Golfers. Mike Asheroff can still remember that day in 1981 — or was it 1982? — when the sign

Steve

Something something a thousand words.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 1771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!