IGNORED

2019 PGA Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

42 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Brooks is so far having the tournament of his life, five shots ahead of the next.

Hasn't he already done that 3 times in the last 2 years?

I'm both saddened and dismayed by the short-sighted mentality of several contributors to this highly-esteemed thread.  The tournament is far from over and this bloke (Koepka) does little to impress me.  At my country club, I have won 4 club championships.  In some ways that's more impressive than 3 majors.  I had to do it all at the same course against fellow members I see every day.  My most fierce competitor is William Tornquist III.  Twice now I've had to use a bit of gamesmanship to get under his skin, which isn't an easy task as he's a bit on the portly side.  The first time I asked him if he had switched his brand of trousers or if he simply become more stout.  I knew the latter was the answer but, nevertheless, mission accomplished as he tightened his belt to the second to last notch and went bogey bogey.  I literally skipped off the 18th with my 4th victory in hand....dancing and singing all the way to the clubhouse to prepare for my victory speech.  

5 minutes ago, PeaceFrogg said:

Hasn't he already done that 3 times in the last 2 years?

He hasn’t had one where he’s lapped the field. This could be the week for that.

This is the worst I’ve seen Tiger drive it all year. Amazing he’s Even for the day hitting 1/8 fairways. And it’s not like these missed fairways are in good lies.

4 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

I'm both saddened and dismayed by the short-sighted mentality of several contributors to this highly-esteemed thread.  The tournament is far from over and this bloke (Koepka) does little to impress me.  At my country club, I have won 4 club championships.  In some ways that's more impressive than 3 majors.  I had to do it all at the same course against fellow members I see every day.  My most fierce competitor is William Tornquist III.  Twice now I've had to use a bit of gamesmanship to get under his skin, which isn't an easy task as he's a bit on the portly side.  The first time I asked him if he had switched his brand of trousers or if he simply become more stout.  I knew the latter was the answer but, nevertheless, mission accomplished as he tightened his belt to the second to last notch and went bogey bogey.  I literally skipped off the 18th with my 4th victory in hand....dancing and singing all the way to the clubhouse to prepare for my victory speech.  

Did Colbert invite you onto his show that evening?

6 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

He hasn’t had one where he’s lapped the field. This could be the week for that.

This is the worst I’ve seen Tiger drive it all year. Amazing he’s Even for the day hitting 1/8 fairways. And it’s not like these missed fairways are in good lies.

He won the 2017 US Open by 4 shots. The point is, he's not having the week of his life, like say Lucas Glover did, he has several times shown the ability to win majors.This is not something he hasn't demonstrated before.

Edited by PeaceFrogg
add text

5 minutes ago, PeaceFrogg said:

He won the 2017 US Open by 5 shots. 

He won by 4 and that lead stretched late. When I think of lapping the field I think of what’s Rory did at Congresional and Kiawah and what Tigers done a few times. Just complete control the whole way and winning by 6+ shots.

Edited by ChrisP

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

He won by 4 and that lead stretched late. When I think of lapping the field I think of what’s Rory did at Congresional and Kiawah and what Tigers done a few times. Just complete control the whole way and winning by 6+ shots.

Still wouldn't call this the tournament of his life when it's not even half over, he hasn't won anything yet and he's won 3 of the last 7 majors. Again, saying tournament of his life implies something he's never done before or could be expected to in the future.

Really like to see Koepka fire a snowman on a par 3 and make this interesting again.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Must I remind everyone that today is only the second day of the tournament.  This Koepka fellow will show his true colors in quick fashion and will be nothing more than another one of the poor sots who vanished like dust in the wind. 

Scott -7 for day and still 4 holes left. Too bad Grace had to break that record a couple years ago. Was fun watching guys try and shoot 62 and just miss. Maybe first ever 61?

17 minutes ago, colin007 said:

His bad putts are just shocking. 

His drives haven't been much better today. 

Guys are tearing this course apart right now. I guess the PGA expected wind and set the course up easy today, even moving up some tees, and the wind never came.

Edited by ChrisP
  • Like 1

Tiger: ‘Ok kids...daddy showed you how I win a major...now I’m gonna show you how to utterly blow one up.’

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!