IGNORED

2019 PGA Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

39 minutes ago, chspeed said:

I also think they’re trained to bottle up emotion, which is considered by many to distract from performance.

I don't they bottle up emotion but I understand your point. They recognize that adrenaline is almost always counterproductive when facing a bogey. 

Note to mods: Sorry about two consecutive separate posts.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Like 1

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, TEE1UP4ME said:

no where near as BK. been watching golf  40+ years seen a lot of it. . like i said some here were all talking about how Rory and Jordon were the next great. how'd that work out? We'll what he does the rest of the year and next.

Apples and oranges. We always knew that Jordan’s game could come and go because he isn’t long and is overly reliant on putting and iron play. For Rory, we knew that he had all the physical talent in the world but was mentally fragile. Brooks seems to have the full package of endless talent  and ice water nerves. Sure, it’s golf and it could all fall apart for him at any time, but I don’t see it happening. It’s starting to really feel like he may win 50% of the PGAs and US Opens for the next decade. 

Don’t see anyone out better than -2 today. Definitely a different course. Firming up for sure. Putts are rolling out a lot more. They really put the flags close to edges as well.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

4 hours ago, TEE1UP4ME said:

no where near as BK. been watching golf  40+ years seen a lot of it. . like i said some here were all talking about how Rory and Jordon were the next great. how'd that work out? We'll what he does the rest of the year and next.

Yes -  you are correct. Guys in their mid to late 20s with 7 or 8 majors between them are washed up losers because they aren't better than Tiger or Nicklaus.

You have had the last laugh and it seems that already your predictions bout Koepka are coming true. Not a good player. Will NEVER be as good as Nicklaus.

Imagine ----- if he falls short of Tiger or Nicklaus's record, in twenty years you can say you predicted it and people will marvel at your perceptive and sophisticated reflections on the sport. 

US open going to have a lot of compelling storylines:

Tiger’s return to Pebble

Phil’s last real shot at an Open

Brooks going for the first ever major 3-peat in post-WWI era.

Let’s just get to June already.

Edited by ChrisP

1 hour ago, Sandy Divot said:

Hey Brooks, thanks for ruining my weekend. No fun to watch majors to see who finishes second!

Well, unless it’s Tiger.  Then people would think it’s the greatest thing ever...  ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

3 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Well, unless it’s Tiger.  Then people would think it’s the greatest thing ever...  ;-)

Truth. I have little desire to watch Brooks run away with a tourney, but I’d watch every minute if it were Tiger (or someone else interesting, like Rory or Rickie).

Edited by Hardspoon

- John

3 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Truth. I have little desire to watch Brooks run away with a tourney, but I’d watch every minute if it were Tiger (or someone else interesting, like Rory or Rickie).

What makes Fowler more "interesting" than Koepka? Serious question.

At least Kopeka doesn't  say crap like "We're just going out to play some golf" or "we're just going to go out there and have fun" when they're asked about their attitude. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Rickie is interesting? Huh? Must be those five tour wins over the last 10 years that makes him stand out.

Edited by ChrisP

Luke is on the list

All that Jazz

That short putt shook the Brook

Speith May win the wreath

I believe this crowd may have more dropouts than any other.  

I shot a 72 this morning

36 minutes ago, leftybutnotPM said:

What makes Fowler more "interesting" than Koepka? Serious question.

You must have never heard Fowler’s take on the challenges of peace in the Middle East. Fascinating analysis. Rory is another fascinating character. Did you know he’s an amateur astronomer? Discovered a few asteroids just last year.

Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!