nevets88

2019 PGA Championship

690 posts / 19604 viewsLast Reply

On 5/20/2019 at 10:32 PM, Shindig said:

t'll be interesting.  There's two courses near me (two 18s at the same complex) that serve as parking for a nearby college football stadium (and I suppose other events there).  I haven't played them shortly after a game, but I imagine there has to be a rule for casual oil when that happens.  @Lihu might have played it right after an event at some point and can probably tell a better story than I am. 

I believe this is fairly common at big Div 1 colleges.   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

20 hours ago, ChrisP said:

The ‘07 US Open is another example. He actually led for a stretch there on that Sunday and was in the final pair with Baddeley, but missed some big putts. I remember a clutch one he missed on 13 on Sunday. Tiger may be the GOAT, but even he’s not perfect. Neither was Jack.

You don't understand how time works. The farther away, the more putts were made. We remember Tiger's misses. Jack hardly missed any, Hogan and Snead were virtual locks. Old Tom Morris never ever missed a putt. :-P

Anyways, Tiger missed a few short ones when he won at Bethpage

Edited by iacas
removed unintended quote

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

You don't understand how time works. The farther away, the more putts were made. We remember Tiger's misses. Jack hardly missed any, Hogan and Snead were virtual locks. Old Tom Morris never ever missed a putt. :-P

The older I get the better I was.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • Point by point: • I noted above 6 holes with different options and decisions to be made off the tee. • I agree some fairways should be widened and noted which ones above. That said, the holes are still good to excellent and highly memorable and far from boring • This point about the greens being plain and flat is somewhat a misnomer. Yes, they are not Winged Foot or Augusta, but they aren’t all flat ovals either. 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 11( since the changes last year), and 15-18 all have shapes, slopes, tiers or undulations to a significant degree.  • Agreed, the course was designed to be a beast tee to green • Same comment as above, although I will say that this point also gets overplayed. It’s not like you have no option but to chip out of the rough. Hit a wedge or short iron, position yourself for a wedge into the green, and try to go up and down.  • Agreed there are no short or drivable par 4s. Those are good features but not some make or break requirement for a course to be not boring • 1 and 18 are fine. They aren’t world beaters but you can probably count on one hand the number of courses with all 18 world class holes. And Golden Age courses often had soft opening holes and their best holes before the 18th because back then Match Play was the dominant game and matches often didn’t make the 18th. And 18 is not boring at all, with the bunkering and elevated greensite • I have played the Black countless times and never once came close to a 6 hour round. Maybe if you catch a very busy Saturday afternoon you will hit 5-1/2 or so. Usually I play in 5 hours or just past that. People who play the Bethpage courses know that rounds on the Red and Blue take longer than rounds on the Black. And btw, that is no different than any other public course in the NY-NJ area except Ferry Point. 
    • I don't know. A weird one. I had four birdies on Friday and shot 87. Those things do not jive.   EDIT--Also, in case you think I may be one of those long hitters who just get in trouble a bit, I'm not. No penalty shots in that 87 with four birdies. Just a lot of bad shots.
    • Rock Bottom did wee, by me  
    • I'm not doing it here just for the heck of it - I think that BPB is wildly over-rated. I think it's boring. It completely fails to live up to what it could or should be given the property. If you need to hang your hat on me agreeing that "some holes aren't boring" then that says quite a bit. Untrue. Get an avatar for yourself, please. My opinion in a nutshell? 20-26 yard wide fairways on relatively long holes force you to almost always just hit a driver and to find the really narrow fairway. There's almost never a decision to be made on the tee about the club OR the location of the tee shot. Angles don't matter, but they really don't matter at BPB. The bunkers are set into the rough, meaning that the fairway corridors have been somewhat artificially narrowed. The greens are generally flat, relatively oval-shaped, and uninspiring. There are few that have any interesting contours, interior OR exterior. Virtually every hole is a mid- to long-iron that must carry and land and stop on the green. Very few holes even allow a run-up shot. Thick rough with virtually no recovery options everywhere. Almost no half-par type holes (unless you count the ample 4.5-par par fours). A dud of a hole opens and closes the course: 1 and 18, meh. Six-hour rounds are common.
    • I prefer the Zero gloves.  It is basically a one size adapts to all.  Feels more like a second ski and I have enjoyed it over 6 months of using it.  Reasonably priced.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Adunifon
      Adunifon
      (38 years old)
    2. Caveman59
      Caveman59
      (60 years old)
    3. Mech12
      Mech12
      (44 years old)
    4. metbid
      metbid
      (70 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...